Mobile Operators With Grps In Thailand

thegrim

Hi,

Can anyone assist me or point me to the correct website to gather information regarding which carriers provide GRPS in Thailand and what the rates are etc.

I usually purchase a 1-2 call card however I am not certain if I can use GRPS over this service.

I wish to use mobile gmail whilst on my next holiday.

Thanks

GPRS on a one2call sim card will work straight away. You will get deducted 1 Baht/minute from your credit for gprs usage.

If you plan on using it a lot, you can take one of their packages by dialing *138 and try to get to monthly gprs packages.

You can choose anything between 2 hours and 400 hours.

Download following pdf file which has all the info you could ever need regarding gprs in Thailand!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...st&id=31364

I'm not sure I understand the term GPRS/Edge compatible notebook!

Any PC or notebook is compatible with GPRS/Edge as long as you connect it to a GPRS/Edge capable modem! The last one can be a GPRS/Edge phone, a gprs/Edge PCMIA aircard (notebook only) or a USB gprs/Edge modem (Solomon and the likes).

In the case of your O2 phone, if it runs WM5, you'll first have to enable Modem link on your phone, set it to whatever connection mode you use (USB, Bluetooth) and then hook it up to your PC. Your PC probably will ask for the installation cd which came with your phone and will then install the proper drivers...

It will aslo help to disable activesync on your phone while using it as a modem...

Thanks for explaining the procedure!

My Atom runs WM5.

I now just have to figure out how to enable Modem link on my phone and hook it up to my PC.

I'll also have to download the drivers as no relevant drivers were provided with the phone...

Thanks again.