Multi Entry O

I have a Multi O (married status) visa which runs out in October. Can anyone tell me if the Thai Embassy in Singapore still issues these visa's, as it is where i obtained mine last year! Can I also apply before the old one expires as my chances to get to Singapore in October are slim!

Singapore and Penang will issue with financial proofs as far as we know.
Singapore and Penang will issue with financial proofs as far as we know.

I got my multi immigrant O from Singapore last year in November and it was a breeze but I am a little worried about the next time I have to go which will be 3 months after my final stamp next month.....

What worries me is having to show 40k per month income........ is it possible that they will accept 400,000 bht savings showing from the last 3 months before applying for the visa again......

If not, what are my options, really cannot afford to leave thailand and stay away for months on end until I can re enter

JAF

For a visa, from Singapore or Penang, what they want to see is money in the bank. If married to a Thai 400k in Singapore anywhere in the world may get a multi entry. In Penang last report was 200k in a Thai bank will get a multi.

Thanks for that information Lopburi3, I did not know there was such a difference between Singapore and Penang. Penang is much closer too so I assume it will be cheaper to travel there as well.

can anyone point me in the right direction of any recent forum topics of any pertinent information that I should be aware of regarding obtaining Multi O from Penang, it would put my mind at rest knowing what I have to take care of between now and the time I have to travel there

Cheers

JAf

I have a Multi O (married status) visa which runs out in October. Can anyone tell me if the Thai Embassy in Singapore still issues these visa's, as it is where i obtained mine last year! Can I also apply before the old one expires as my chances to get to Singapore in October are slim!

I was in Sing in August for an extension of my O visa. I had all the papers, y.c more than 800k in a Thai Bank. Result: 3 month single entry O visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not forget you - you failed to inform us until after I posted. That is why we ask that you provide feedback - you are over age 50 but you were unable to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O in Singapore. You also posted you were not "retired" so wonder what reason you gave Singapore on your application?

I was in Sing in August for an extension of my O visa. I had all the papers, y.c more than 800k in a Thai Bank. Result: 3 month single entry O visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I picked mine up last October and when i went to offer my financial statements the lady on the desk pushed them back at me saying "no need". Now wether this is because i have got kids and presented their birth certificates first i am not sure but as i say they were not interested in home much money i had at all. Has anyone else had the same?

I just got a Multi-Entry "O" in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday (Sept. 4). NO Financial Info required.. Just Marriage stuff (usual docs) and a "Letter from My Wife" Requesting a Multi- Entry Visa. I also told them that I needed to make 2 trips in the next few months... You can see my thread on this for more details..

Good luck,

CS

Back, Multi Non-O, in Penang, via ThaiVisa Travel (and their agent NJ).

The embassy forgot to give back to misc papers (not marrige and birth cert, got them), but NJ sent a rep back to get them but I had to catch the flight so they are being mailed to me on monday.

Didn't show any bank-account, so perhaps a combo of birth cert of son, previous multi Non-O's and being in a 'pack' with others helped.

Just came back from Singapore with a new Non O multi.

Papers required: Copy Wife's Identification card

Copy marriage certificate

Copy of bank account with 400K, this was spread over 2 accounts abroad. no problems them being a printout of online banking

Passport size foto

Did submit a copy of my own passport and a written conformation from my wife that we where still married, but don't know if it was required

next day collecting

Edited by bangbuathong

• 1 month later...

After researching a lot of threads on this subject i had been leaning towards Singapore. My first multi O based on marriage was in Singapore. Last year i went to KL, by then I had a child as well. I had thought that Singapore was the place to go this time based on what i have been reading, but this thread seems to be indicating that KL might be better.

Has anyone else had any experience over the last month?

:o I,m flying with my wife to Penang this thursday,I just got married.I read in another forum a guy´s friend got back from Penang 3 weeks ago with multi O visa without having to show any proof of funds.

Yep, did the same about 5-6 weeks ago. No moneyproof. Just marriagecertificate,signed copy of wifes id-card,passport and 2 photos. Used an agent in penang. Handed it over in the morning and got it back the same evening. No problem what so ever. (Non-o multi)