Selling My Books To Store In Bkk

foolforlove

There is a second hand bookshop on Sukhumvit, opposite of Emporium. But don't expect to get

much for your stuff. My wife sold some old books there (don't know how many though) and

got 200 Baht.

I had a stack of books I wanted to get rid of, most of them in excellent condition and non fiction. This bookshop offered such a derisory amount that I gave them to the British Council for their sale. Now when I have finished with a book it gets stacked until I can take another bundle to the British Council.

I agree that bookshops in Bangkok pay sh*te prices for used books, but Gecko Books in Chiang Mai doesn't.

If you are coming up to Chiang Mai for any reason and have GOOD (really popular fiction or non-fiction in nice condition) books to sell, see me in the main branch mornings and evenings. I have staff buying when I'm not around, but the prices are better if I or one of the managers do the buying. The newer staff members tend to pay lower, because they are less sure of what sells well.

Very common books like older Grisham/Clancy/ P. Cornwell don't fetch much of a price as I usually sell them in my bargain section for 20/40/60 baht each. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

any recommendations of a store I can sell my used books to in BKK?

mixed bag of fiction plus reference books (ie, an extra japanese dictionary i dont need).

thanks

Why don't you sell them on the classified section. There are always people looing for decent books, myself included.