90 Day Reporting Question

I renewed my retirement visa yesterday but still have the piece of paper stapled to my passport that instructs me to report address on Sept. 10.

This seems a bit redundant to me after filing all the papers for visa renewal yesterday.

My question is: do I begin counting the 90 days from yesterday or is the reporting process on a separate time clock and I need to report on Sept. 10?

I renewed my retirement visa yesterday but still have the piece of paper stapled to my passport that instructs me to report address on Sept. 10.

This seems a bit redundant to me after filing all the papers for visa renewal yesterday.

My question is: do I begin counting the 90 days from yesterday or is the reporting process on a separate time clock and I need to report on Sept. 10?

Just to keep things going I have always gone by the last 90day report.

You use the paper date. The only time a TM.7 counts as an address report is the initial extension of stay. Renewals do not count.

You could have reported your address with a new TM.47 yesterday as it would have been within the allowed plus/minus 7 days.

The visa extension date and the 90-day reporting date are not related.

You should report 90 days after your last reporting date or 90 days after your last entry into LoS if this gives a later date. For example, say your last report was on 01 July - your 90 day date would be around the end of September. However, if you took a trip out of LoS and returned on 01 August your reporting date would be around the end of October. You are allowed +/- 7 days on the due date (unless this has changed recently) so it is probably a good idea to do it slightly early to make sure that you don't fall foul of public holidays when, of course, Immigration officies are closed.

If you miss your date I believe that it's a 2000 Baht fine!

DM

Seems that Lopburi has pre-empted what I was saying here. Mai pen rai!

Edited by doctormann