Having A Thew Beers Last Night Then This....

chrisspursbkk1

Hey there - before I was beamed up, I stated(WWII) that in the post previous to yours. I just want to take credit for comprehending the incoherent and insane posters.

We were typing at the same time but as you added your reply before mine - credit goes to you but I am second! :o

Chris "Thats a crap comment, if i made any mistake in my spelling you should pick on something better." OK, seeing that I have your permission - spelling, grammar, punctuation, comprehension & readability, I think that's enough to start with.

So the question is "Was Thailand invaded in WWII by the Japanese?" In my, never too humble, opinion the answer is no. The then PM, Field Marshal Plaek Pibulsonggram, was reluctantly forced to order a general ceasefire and to allow the Japanese armies to use the country as a springboard for the invasions of Burma and Malaya. So it was a reluctant alliance rather than an invasion. After the war, the Allies put Field Marshal Plaek Pibulsonggram on trial for war crimes but, due to public pressure, the charges were dropped as it was felt that he had done his best to protect Thai interests.

I can't compete with you, your better than me at spelling, grammar the lot! You trult are my hero. (C***)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey there - before I was beamed up, I stated(WWII) that in the post previous to yours. I just want to take credit for comprehending the incoherent and insane posters.

We were typing at the same time but as you added your reply before mine - credit goes to you but I am second! :o

Chris "Thats a crap comment, if i made any mistake in my spelling you should pick on something better." OK, seeing that I have your permission - spelling, grammar, punctuation, comprehension & readability, I think that's enough to start with.

So the question is "Was Thailand invaded in WWII by the Japanese?" In my, never too humble, opinion the answer is no. The then PM, Field Marshal Plaek Pibulsonggram, was reluctantly forced to order a general ceasefire and to allow the Japanese armies to use the country as a springboard for the invasions of Burma and Malaya. So it was a reluctant alliance rather than an invasion. After the war, the Allies put Field Marshal Plaek Pibulsonggram on trial for war crimes but, due to public pressure, the charges were dropped as it was felt that he had done his best to protect Thai interests.

I can't compete with you, your better than me at spelling, grammar the lot! You trult are my hero. (C***)

Sorry about the trult word i did mean truly, do i still get a gold star?

!!WARNING!!

Could people please conform to the forum rules (found here)

Specifically item number 13

English language is the only acceptable language on thaivisa.com, except of course in the Thai Language Forum where Thai is encouraged.

Thanks! :o

This is truly the most bizzare post I have ever read :o

What I heard (from a friend of a friend of a friend who was really there) was that the Thais "opened the door" for the Japanese and said please come in but don't hurt us and we will let you do whatever you want.

Thanks for back up in this, it was a bizzare thing.

The point is what a load of double standard rubish, so after reading it i said you lost then, theyt said no, i then said you got invaded they said no. Can anyone please explain the middle they missed out?

Hello Chris my ole' sparring partner.......... :o

Jeeez mate what are you on?

Anyway, don't worry too much about posting when slaughtered, I do it on a regular basis.

Now, what the he-ll are u on about?

I think it is always better to sober up before bringing your bar arguments onto the forum! :o

In any case, I would think that standing in a bar trying to get Thais to publicly admit to to a humiliating episode in their country's history is not the smartest thing to do.

The point is what a load of double standard rubish, so after reading it i said you lost then, theyt said no, i then said you got invaded they said no. Can anyone please explain the middle they missed out?

Hello Chris my ole' sparring partner.......... :o

Jeeez mate what are you on?

Anyway, don't worry too much about posting when slaughtered, I do it on a regular basis.

Now, what the he-ll are u on about?

Hi Maigo6, where have you been? and why have you given me the best reply in 30+???

I think it is always better to sober up before bringing your bar arguments onto the forum! :o

In any case, I would think that standing in a bar trying to get Thais to publicly admit to to a humiliating episode in their country's history is not the smartest thing to do.

Sorry for the miss understanding, i was at home with freinds when this came up, they spoke a lot of Thai i couldn't understand, then i was told me youv'e been invaded. I would not bring this up in a bar as i know from first hand experince the Thai fighting method, falang loose!

Hi Maigo6, where have you been? and why have you given me the best reply in 30+???

Hi Chris, I was in Thailand for a couple of months, hence no posting on ThaiVisa.

5 weeks ago I went back to work, so now I'm back in full swing, slagging off Farangs etc............you know how it goes. :D Not many Thai voices to be heard here, so I am the self elected spokesman for the Thai cause.

Anyway mate, don't worry about getting absolutely slaughtered then posting, judging by many posts in TV, you are not alone!!

Including this post....3 x Cans of Kirin Tanrei!!! :o

Edited by Maigo6

Thailand has been colonised by the Chinesse. That is quite obvious.

I should imagine the country has been invaded numerous times and many of these have been covered up over the years to save face.

You won't find much truth in the Thai history books, most Thai's are completly unaware that they allowed the japanesse in and the letter declaring war on the allies was never delivered.

I'm not sure, but I think your trying to say that Thailand was invaded by the Japanese. Yes, I'm sure they were invaded, Thai's always have to have a face saving explanation for everything, I'm not sure what the explanation was for giving Land up to the British & French but thats another story.

The Japanese Killed alot more Thai's during the Building of the death railway due to forced Labour than prisoners of war. Thats not the usual action of someone invited in.

Dearposters Ibelievewhatwe are seeyinghere is the Vicky Pollard approachto writtenenglishas practicedona webforum. itistotally unthoughout and notwellwrittenstream of thoughtapproachto communication.

shesays hesays I says.

ForthoseAustraliansand NewZealanders who are notfamiliarwith the vicky pollard approachandormethod of use ofthe english language you maybe morefamiliar with the KylieMole approachwhich wasquitepopular inthegreatestcountryoneeath in theearly to mid 1990's.

I think the Mods should ban you! :o

Dearposters Ibelievewhatwe are seeyinghere is the Vicky Pollard approachto writtenenglishas practicedona webforum. itistotally unthoughout and notwellwrittenstream of thoughtapproachto communication.

shesays hesays I says.

ForthoseAustraliansand NewZealanders who are notfamiliarwith the vicky pollard approachandormethod of use ofthe english language you maybe morefamiliar with the KylieMole approachwhich wasquitepopular inthegreatestcountryoneeath in theearly to mid 1990's.

I think the Mods should ban you! :o

that would be an interesting experiment....

!!WARNING!!

English language is the only acceptable language on thaivisa.com, except of course in the Thai Language Forum where Thai is encouraged.

Thanks for that. I was panicing looking up the french dictionary for the words.

!!WARNING!!

Thanks for that. I was panicing looking up the french dictionary for the words.

Well you might need that French dictionary if you're trying to find another country that claims it was never invaded, or if it was invaded, it surrendered voluntarily so as not to mess up its lovely monuments, or something like that.

Same same, but same.

You won't find much truth in the Thai history books, most Thai's are completly unaware that they allowed the japanesse in and the letter declaring war on the allies was never delivered.

Dont worry about it, was no shame in capitulating to the overwhelming strength of The Japanese Imperial Forces, ( how long did Hong Kong and Singapore last, 2 Islands that were heavily defended by Allied troops ? ), the Thais had no choice.

The Brits have been taken over by the Norse men, Vikings, (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish), The Romans ( Italians ), and the Normans ( French ). And now the USA pulls the strings.........what a legacy. :o

Edited by Maigo6

OP, wouldn't it be more interesting talking about whose muay thai is better? What a stupid argument! My country this this that that.... Your country this this that that....

Well if a thai is stupid enough to tell me this and that. I will be giving my thumbs up saying oh yes thailand perfect ! no.1!

Do you get satisfaction if you succeed in convincing them that your country is better than theirs?

OP: I fail to understand what you are trying to argue. That Thailand was invaded at some point in time? I have problems putting things in a way which is clear to others, too. So this is not intended to be an insult.

Hi your correct, i was taking about there invasions(if true or not). I do wish the topic never came up last night and i really regret posting this, the bulk of this fourm has made me dissapointed with freinds instead of slagging me off, anyway thanks for your input.

Chris.

Very intresting, if i was to bash one of the powers above what would happen?

Answer; i would get banned!

So why do they tempt it?

To a serton person, try a little harder, work with it or admit your stupidity, thanks.

I am that 'serton' person, and am happy for you to comment about me. I'm not about to petulantly ban you for having a go at me - if it is only me you are having a go at (and not my moderating actions). I am a big boy, like I am sure you are.

I haven't undertaken any action against your post, other than to say that as far as possible, please try and make your posts clear and understandable when you write them. Three pages of absolute nonsense, started with your incomprehensible first post does nothing to the attractiveness of this website. Interesting discussion, does however. And I am happy to admit that the topic you have bought up is an extremely interesting discussion. But why did we have to cryptically work out what you were getting at?

Anyway, you claim to me that you were a 'bricky' back in the UK. Well of all the people in the world, I though you were someone who would be able to handle a ribbing and have the piss taken out of you. Apparently not.

So I shall go back to moderating. Oh, scary me......

So why do they tempt it?

To a serton person, try a little harder, work with it or admit your stupidity, thanks.

I am that 'serton' person, and am happy for you to comment about me. I'm not about to petulantly ban you for having a go at me - if it is only me you are having a go at (and not my moderating actions). I am a big boy, like I am sure you are.

I haven't undertaken any action against your post, other than to say that as far as possible, please try and make your posts clear and understandable when you write them. Three pages of absolute nonsense, started with your incomprehensible first post does nothing to the attractiveness of this website. Interesting discussion, does however. And I am happy to admit that the topic you have bought up is an extremely interesting discussion. But why did we have to cryptically work out what you were getting at?

Anyway, you claim to me that you were a 'bricky' back in the UK. Well of all the people in the world, I though you were someone who would be able to handle a ribbing and have the piss taken out of you. Apparently not.

The village idiot!

So why do they tempt it?

The village idiot!

I'm not from a village, thank you very much.

OP: I fail to understand what you are trying to argue. That Thailand was invaded at some point in time? I have problems putting things in a way which is clear to others, too. So this is not intended to be an insult.

Hi your correct, i was taking about there invasions(if true or not). I do wish the topic never came up last night and i really regret posting this, the bulk of this fourm has made me dissapointed with freinds instead of slagging me off, anyway thanks for your input.

Chris.

Nothing wrong with your post mate. Its a FORUM , we're supposed to post things; It highlights something thats interesting and big in thai culture, DENIAL. > I see it everywhere, Its no problem for me, I like the 'Thumbs up, Thailands No. 1' response also. I don't know why so many complain about certain posts instead of just reading the posts that there interested in. ;-)

Dont worry about it, was no shame in capitulating to the overwhelming strength of The Japanese Imperial Forces, ( how long did Hong Kong and Singapore last, 2 Islands that were heavily defended by Allied troops ? ), the Thais had no choice.

The Brits have been taken over by the Norse men, Vikings, (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish), The Romans ( Italians ), and the Normans ( French ). And now the USA pulls the strings.........what a legacy. :o

nowdays it's Indians , Pakistanis, the whole of eastern Europe...just goes to show we must have something to offer....yes, I agree, a legacy indeed :D

The Japanese Killed alot more Thai's during the Building of the death railway due to forced Labour than prisoners of war. Thats not the usual action of someone invited in.

With history, there are always three versions - mine, yours and the truth. The Greek dramatist, Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC) is reported to have said "In war, truth is the first casualty." Other people have also claimed that quote. The widely accepted number of deaths on the Burma Railway is 13-16000 Allied and 80-100000 Asian. We do not know how many Thais died building the railway but possibly much less than 16,000

So why do they tempt it?

The village idiot!

I'm not from a village, thank you very much.

Well you do act llike youv'e been isolated from the norm and you most definatley warented the reply you got, a littel leason for you, if someone sends you an email you should keep it to yourself, or can i say what you have said in your email in the public fourm?

I do think that if something was sent to you it should remain that way.