Tourist Visa Expire No Longer 3m But 6!

I just picked up my double tourist visa at the thaiembassy in stockholm/sweden and was suprised to see that the visa (issued at 31/8 -07) expires 29/2 -08!

When did this happen? Suddenly I don't have to plan my exit/entry for the second stay in the country and worry about that the visa expires.

I never had anything good to say about the visa regulations but I suppose there is a first time for everything! :o

Many Consulates have always used a six month period for a two or more entry tourist visas.

Name one. Just so I can recommend it to friends.

More then 2 entries? I tried about 8 years ago to apply for a 3xTR in KL but they told me that because the visa only lasts for 3 months it was no point in giving out 3xTR.

Edited by Hobox

Believe most Consulates in US, UK, OZ and elsewhere issue 6 month validity for two or more entry. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs even lists it on there website for tourist visas.

4. VALIDITY OF A VISA

The validity of a visa is 3 months or 6 months.

And yes they issue three and some even four entry visas.

Many Consulates have always used a six month period for a two or more entry tourist visas.

More then 2 entries? I tried about 8 years ago to apply for a 3xTR in KL but they told me that because the visa only lasts for 3 months it was no point in giving out 3xTR.

Last year double and triple entry tourist visas issued in Penang had 6 months validity, however only single entry tourist visas are available in neighboring consulates/embassies now.

Birmingham Hull - there's two.

London
That's funny because I tried to get a 3x multiple-entry tourist visa from Kuala Lumpur last November and they gave it to me. FWIW they were nice about it too. :o

Spoke with them today. The only advatage you will get from this is that you dont lose the10-14 days when yuo send the passport to them. Now with the 180 days stamp you can send you passport to them long time in advance without losing those days.

Note, the stamp in your passport that you will get at the airport will still only give you 60 +60 days (plus extension 30+30).So you can´t stay 6 months +6 months just because your visa say so.

Spoke with them today. The only advatage you will get from this is that you dont lose the10-14 days when yuo send the passport to them. Now with the 180 days stamp you can send you passport to them long time in advance without losing those days.

Note, the stamp in your passport that you will get at the airport will still only give you 60 +60 days (plus extension 30+30).So you can´t stay 6 months +6 months just because your visa say so.

I dont fully understand your statements but dont forget you can ARRIVE in the country right up until the last day of the visa and still get your 60+30..

So a 6 month triple is usable for almost 9 months.. 60 + 30 then visa run.. then 60 + 30 but pay attention to visa run before the visa expires.. Then last entry of 60+ 30 for the period after the visa has actually expired.

So you can make 270 days out of a 6 month triple entry.