Coka Cola, Pepsi

Zeid

I got this idea from another forum, where i have said i use the cola products to clean the toilet bowl.

i also used it to lossen stuck nuts and bolts.

i also tried it in flushing my radiator of my car, and it worked great.

soaked bolts, nuts, tools, chains, in cola before cleaning and lubricating the tools.

i tried polishing bumpers with it but it really did not work.(must dip Al foil in it or some how but it did not)

oh and I use 7up or srite to tendarize meat for grilling.

so anyone else found those killer soft drinks usefull, in other ways?

because of its cleaning qualities ive heard a glass is good for a dodgy stomach.(other than drinking with spirits,this is the only time i regularly ingest the stuff,due to the high sugar content).

also good for cleaning coins etc.

a german guy once told me he cleaned his car with the stuff.

for cleaning cars that i have done to my engine as well, just grabbed a few bottles shook them and sprayed the engine let it sit for a little and then washed.

take a peace of meat and soak it in cola products see how fast it desolves,

because of its cleaning qualities ive heard a glass is good for a dodgy stomach.(other than drinking with spirits,this is the only time i regularly ingest the stuff,due to the high sugar content).

Years ago in the states my son had a really bad stomach the day before we were to fly back here, the Pharmacist recommended coca-cola syrup, small bottle, thick syrup, it did the trick!

Years ago in the states my son had a really bad stomach the day before we were to fly back here, the Pharmacist recommended coca-cola syrup, small bottle, thick syrup, it did the trick!

Actually, Coca Cola started as a medicinal elixir used for upset stomachs. Below is a link that gives many other uses for Coke.

http://www.wackyuses.com/coke.html

I use Diet Coke, Coke Zero, and Pepsi Max, to stay awake, to help me from using Ritalin to stay awake, as a substitute for rotgut whiskey, beer, and wine. I cut down recently from 3.5 liters per day to 2.5 and trying to cut back further. Yes, it did remove my soft teeth enamel, but it took about 50 years. The diet colas have no calories, no sugars. I suspect some of the actions already reported might be urban myths, but my stomach is not made of nuts and bolts, so I don't worry. Again, it could also be due to the carbonic acid, which is also in beer, sparkling wines, and seltzer water.

I use Diet Coke, Coke Zero, and Pepsi Max, to stay awake, to help me from using Ritalin to stay awake, as a substitute for rotgut whiskey, beer, and wine. I cut down recently from 3.5 liters per day to 2.5 and trying to cut back further. Yes, it did remove my soft teeth enamel, but it took about 50 years. The diet colas have no calories, no sugars. I suspect some of the actions already reported might be urban myths, but my stomach is not made of nuts and bolts, so I don't worry. Again, it could also be due to the carbonic acid, which is also in beer, sparkling wines, and seltzer water.

Yeah some are urban myths such as disolving tooth enamel overnight. There's a show on Discovery channel - Mythbusters. It's not a science show, but they test urban myths. A couple years ago they tested many coke myths. They left teeth for varying periods of time and it definitely didn't disolve them.

Some other ones did work. I think cleaning chrome with coke did as well as some other cleaning ones like coins.

Can not remember what happened to the steak, but I think it did work. I heard somewhere that vodka also does that. Tried it one time and it did seem to work, but the taste wasn't so great.

2.5 litres a day?

cough *aspartame addiction* cough

Edited by mickynoikalw

Thanks to sbk for the link to swopes.com, which is generally well researched and good at busting urban myths. And to Carmine6 for the comments about the Mythbusters TV program.

Again I am just guessing, but the carbonic acid may be the main culprit. My dentist used to say so, as he drank a can of Diet Coke.

In Thailand, the big 1.25 liter poly bottles of diet cola now include Coke Zero, which doesn't have enough gas to my taste, and feels flat right out of the bottle; and Pepsi Max is even sold in the big bottles in some 7-11 stores.

Does anyone know why we can't get Coke Light (Diet Coke) in bottles? Loads of cans but no big polys :D

They used to have Diet Coke in bottles, but, for some reason, it often had lost its sweetness by the time it was served.

My guess is that cans preserve the sweetness better for some reason. :o

I used to be a Diet Coke addict (buying big bottles) but I was kinda "forced" to temporarily buy Pepsi Max in Thailand because Diet Coke had no bottles, and it was too expensive for me to buy it in cans at the volume I would consume.

Finally, Coke Zero comes in big bottles... I was so happy!

I could shift back to my old favorite!

Until I discovered that I actually had already gotten hooked on to Pepsi Max and so BOTH Coke Zero and Coke Light tasted bland to me (Pepsi has a stronger taste). :o

So now, Pepsi Max it is... :D

Does anyone know why we can't get Coke Light (Diet Coke) in bottles? Loads of cans but no big polys :D

They used to have Diet Coke in bottles, but, for some reason, it often had lost its sweetness by the time it was served.

My guess is that cans preserve the sweetness better for some reason. :o

Actually, I think you've hit the nail on the head :D

After some Googling (is that a word now?) I discovered that Aspartame sweetener is photo-unstable, it loses it's sweetness when exposed to light (ie in a clear PET bottle) significantly reducing the shelf life of the drink. I strongly suspect that elevated storage temperature doesn't help. So we have a drink that loses its taste if you keep it in warm light conditions, at least in a can it's in the dark.

I wonder how Coke-Zero will fare :D

can you imagine the ants around the car :o ................

can you imagine the ants around the car :o ................

The viscious little (not) bu99ers that live in our mango trees would carry the car off :D

Coca-Cola is also great for a party fun. Here is how it is done:

Take a big 1.5 liter regular Coca-Cola bottle and a roll of Mentos candies

Open the Coke bottle and open the Mentos roll so that all the candies can come out in a row.

Now let the whole roll of Mentos slide into the Coke bottle and ... RUN!

PS: Don't do this inside. Better outside in the garden, believe me.