Massage In Chiang Mai

uk_falang

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good body massage place in Chiang Mai. PM please

Thanks

If you are referring to legitimate massage there a hundreds of places in CM that offer good to great massage. Find one local and/or convenient to you and check it out.

If you are referring to body massage with "extras" this topic will last less time than a beer at a TV pissup.

CB

If you are referring to body massage with "extras" this topic will last less time than a beer at a TV pissup.

CB

Sometimes if you refer to a traditional massage "with a happy ending", the thread lasts longer! :D

Only until the mods determine the name and location of said establishment... purely for research purposes of course... :o

CB

Sometimes if you refer to a traditional massage "with a happy ending", the thread lasts longer! :D

Only until the mods determine the name and location of said establishment... purely for research purposes of course... :o

Perhaps the Mods could share some of their tireless and exhaustive research for the edification of the membership? :D

Sayuri is popular and inexpensive. Should be under 1000 baht. Google up some directions.

Others include the Phucome Hotel, Chiang Mai Hills hotel, Ping Payome and Pandora in that order. Possibly President Hotel too.

Oh, all of these are legitimate, tax paying establishments. Can't see a reason to close the topic? Sayuri and President hotel serve decent food & music, too.

Edited by Sanpatong

• 2 months later...

Hi. As has been stated, in Chiang Mai there are many good to great practitioners of traditional Thai massage, which is terrific - and which I am gradually getting into.

I have, however, almost given up on getting a good oil massage. I have tried quite a few places but what passes as oil massage here seems to be just a variation on traditional Thai massage but with heaps of cheap baby oil and endless light patting thrown into the mix.

Back in Oz I used to enjoy regular oil massages - I don't know the terminology but deep and firm (remedial? swedish?) and that really got into the tight spots.

Note I'm looking for a regular straight massage (sans funny business), and I don't care how fluffy the towels are or how lush the decor is.

All suggestions welcomed, thanks

- C.B

Hi

Thanks

If you are referring to legitimate massage there a hundreds of places in CM that offer good to great massage. Find one local and/or convenient to you and check it out.

CB

you would close a topic about a "legal" business in Thailand? why

I go to a place on Thanon Moonmuang. Don't know the name but it's just to the right of the entrance to the Top North Hotel. There are 2 places close to each other but it's the one nearest to the Top North.

Nothing fancy but excellent massage and pretty cheap as well - 250Bt for 2 hours.

Whenever I visit Chiang Mai I have a 6 hour bus trip so as soon as I've checked into my hotel it's straight off for a massage to relieve my aches and pains (Think I must be getting old....)

By the way, the only extras you'll get there are a cup of tea!

Pretty self evident but since you ask:

1) if the discussion is pertaining to a legit massage then it will stay open

2) if the discussion is about a legal business it will stay open

3) if the discussion veers into prostitution in general or specific business offering pay for sex then it will be closed

In my post I did not say anything about closing a discussion about a "legal" business and also it was written before I was made a moderator.

comprende

CB

Pretty self evident but since you ask:

1) if the discussion is pertaining to a legit massage then it will stay open

2) if the discussion is about a legal business it will stay open

3) if the discussion veers into prostitution in general or specific business offering pay for sex then it will be closed

In my post I did not say anything about closing a discussion about a "legal" business and also it was written before I was made a moderator.

comprende

CB

err uh since when did said "extras" become illegal in Thailand? I regularly monitor BKK, Pattaya, CM and Phuket online newspapers and I have NEVER read a report for someone being arrested or fined for receiving or giving extra's. Is this some new law I have not heard about? Legitimate question pertaining to law in Thailand.

I go to a place on Thanon Moonmuang. Don't know the name but it's just to the right of the entrance to the Top North Hotel. There are 2 places close to each other but it's the one nearest to the Top North.

Nothing fancy but excellent massage and pretty cheap as well - 250Bt for 2 hours.

Whenever I visit Chiang Mai I have a 6 hour bus trip so as soon as I've checked into my hotel it's straight off for a massage to relieve my aches and pains (Think I must be getting old....)

By the way, the only extras you'll get there are a cup of tea!

Unless they visit your room. :o

Trust me, those extras are illegal. But illegal or not doesn't matter much as it's against the Thaivisa Rules, so that's a typical case of " 'nuff said "

so massage parlours claim to be unaware of any extras, and we here do just the same, and everyone's happy. In the end.

err uh since when did said "extras" become illegal in Thailand? I regularly monitor BKK, Pattaya, CM and Phuket online newspapers and I have NEVER read a report for someone being arrested or fined for receiving or giving extra's. Is this some new law I have not heard about? Legitimate question pertaining to law in Thailand.

Pay for sex is illegal under Thail law - whether the police choose to pursue it is at their discretion and under the direction of their superiors. However under the rules of running a service such as Thai Visa we are required - not obliged but required to obey the Law and to not advocate or allow discussion of anything that is illegal.

This is the end of the discussion.

Crow Boy

Moderating Team

Thai Visa

Hi

Thanks

Most of the places are actually pretty crap.

There is a place on canal road not too far from suthep road, which is only 100b an hour - but a crap massage

Similarly if you go to that other one not far from there - crap

I haven't found a really good place, and would gladly travel a little bit if I could find a place that was actually good.

Stay away from The Thirsty Beaver Massage on Loi Kroh Road in the Night Bazzaar.

I'm afraid that these young ladies have no respect for the rules on Thai Visa! :o

Lol .... well put :D

Trust me, those extras are illegal. But illegal or not doesn't matter much as it's against the Thaivisa Rules, so that's a typical case of " 'nuff said "

so massage parlours claim to be unaware of any extras, and we here do just the same, and everyone's happy. In the end.

... and to think that some people claim - we farangs don't adapt to Thailand or Thai ways - I feel more Thai every day. :o

I like very much foot massages. There are hundreds of places offering this service, but very few do a good job. In the worst case it could be like a torture, and in the most places it's rather unpleasant.

There only two places I know I could recommend:

1. The massage parlour at the 4. floor, Airport Plaza (near the cinema)

2. Viang Ping Massage. When you walk up the Tapae Rd coming from the Tapae gate. It's in a small soi on the lefthand side.

They also do very good regular massages.

here's a place that you may not have thought of...

the womens prison. they give a good massage and it provides some training for those about to be released.

i think it is on ratwith rd, but may be wrong about that. i usually end up circling the block(s) several times until i get it zeroed in.

I like very much foot massages. There are hundreds of places offering this service, but very few do a good job. In the worst case it could be like a torture, and in the most places it's rather unpleasant.

There only two places I know I could recommend:

1. The massage parlour at the 4. floor, Airport Plaza (near the cinema)

2. Viang Ping Massage. When you walk up the Tapae Rd coming from the Tapae gate. It's in a small soi on the lefthand side.

They also do very good regular massages.

If you ever go to Pattaya, try Edward's Reflexology where the traffic turns off of Beach Road when it turns into Walking street.

REAL relexology for a pittance of a price! :o