Book/materials For Reading And Writing Practice

foolforlove

i have a M1 student (mattayom 1) who is exceptionally bright. he has even demonstrated ability to do some of the homework i give my M4 students (and is better than some of them).

i am looking for suggestions for materials to challenge him (he is certainly bored now).

for M4, i found and am using a book for reading/writing practice (ie, "graduating from sentences to paragraphs"), but this probably beyond him. the explanations of the assignments are too lengthly in english for him.

i am looking for something like: read a short passage (30 sentences) and then answer questions and/or write a short paragraph in response.

thanks

I use a Cambridge book called 'Writing Within' by Curtis Kelly and Arlen Gargagliano (ISBN 0-521-60626-8). It has clear, simple exercises for beginning writers and has simple explanations for topic sentences, supporting sentences, concluding sentences and other forms of writing for beginners. I have the 'Intro' level and there is one level higher. I bought it at the Language Media Book Center behind that Toyota Cafe or whatever it is in Siam Square (formerly DK Books). They have lots of teaching books on the second floor.