How Much Does A Beach Boy Earn? (bar, Boat, Restaurant)

delph

I do not want to be crude but most young guy's from anywhere in the world shag anything with a pulse.

As for the attractiveness of white skin - well the opposite can be said of white guy's and Thai / Asian girls - at the Embassy its called "Yellow Fever" or "Getting hit with the yellow bullet"

Having sex with someone who has hepatitis is really not advisable...

imgJaundice.jpg

I do not want to be crude but most young guy's from anywhere in the world shag anything with a pulse.

As for the attractiveness of white skin - well the opposite can be said of white guy's and Thai / Asian girls - at the Embassy its called "Yellow Fever" or "Getting hit with the yellow bullet"

imgJaundice.jpg

Get you vaccinations first - you want a discount?

imgJaundice.jpg

Get you vaccinations first - you want a discount?

I wouldn't want to take this off-topic further... and so will allow the topic to return to boy toys or whatever it is that the OP attempted to deftly enter into.

• 4 weeks later...

My boyfriend has a degree and chose intially to work in hotels as a bar man as he was told it was a good job and he wanted to learn english. In the south the jobs for university leavers all pay around the same amount unless you have some connections for a leg up the ranks. Teachers, policemen, government workers at a certain level, nurses, hotel workers etc etc all earn around 10k per month. The choice therefore for uni leavers is more about a lifestyle. My bf was working in a 4 star hotel (that incidentally only hires graduates) for only 8k a month but had the benefit of 8 hour shifts and one day off a week. He then switched to working in a beach bar for a relatively decent 10k per month, however worked every day open till close. Both jobs had food and accommodation provided which is a huge plus as beaches are not cheap places to live. Without a degree you can earn similar money but the higher end sector is off limits, and if your burmese bank on being lucky to have a crisp 1000 baht note to send home each month......

It doesn't sound like much money, but compared to working in a clerical job it is a good job especially for boys. They get to play football, chat up ladies, usually drink for free, practice playing with their CDJs and generally have a pretty sweet life. Much to their long suffering girlfriend's chagrin.....

It's got nowt to do with skin colour but a lot to do with the fact that farang girls will do it and (especially island thai girls) won't. And c.10k is not a bad salary at all for someone living a thai lifestyle (minimal booze buying, cooking at home etc), especially as many couples will be getting other incomes from farming, land, other jobs etc.

There are certain thai men who go for farangs because of money. They are gigolos and are usually easily identifiable.... My personal experience has been that I am pretty much forbidden from paying for anything when my bloke has money. When he is broke during rainy season though I make a point of treating him to try and make up for his genorosity. The times though that I do try and drag him to hideously expensive uber smart farang places (at my expense)he usually cringes with uncertainty so badly I cannot believe that that would ever be his purpose in us being together! A lot of men here are so scared of being labelled gigolos that they make a concerted effort to be the opposite.

yeah my boyfriend pays for himself when we go to thai style places but if i want to go to a (higher priced) fancy farang place or if we go out drinking (he rarely drinks) i always pay for us both, otherwise he would just refuse to go as he'd rather eat at home which is cheap. he works from 8am til sometimes 2am at a bungalow/bar operation... i actually built a little bar on the land in front of my house so he'd have more freedom and could work for himself there but the fact that i was spending my money to start it up bothered him too much and he went back to his job. i can hardly even get him to take a day off outside of rainy season as he is pretty ambitious and is trying to save money to rebuild his family home. he is definitely not looking to me to "save" him or support him. there are a lot of gigolo types though, many from isaan i noticed (not being discriminatory, it's just a fact in the south) who are happy to have their girl cover all expenses, and often quit their job to go off travelling with her etc. my previous thai boyfriend was of that sort, and a waste of time.

Same for me. My boyfriend is lovely, but poor as dirt and didn't have the money to go to school. He works from 8am to 10pm and barely gets any time off. He is also a push over and I know his boss is taking advantage of him.

But he's a man and proud you know, so I have to be delicate about ideas for how to make our life together a little more flush. I'm not rich at all, but to him I am. It's going to be an interesting balancing act, but worth trying to figure out. He is one of the kindest people I've ever met. I sometimes can't figure out what the heck he is thinking being with me, because I can be a first class bitch at times and when the pushy Jersey girl comes out in me, it's not pretty. :o

if they just earn so little, so how can they marry a local and feed his family? so that's why some of the beach boy prefer the farang.

While the money factor may come into the equation for some, I'm sure the attraction has more to do with the white skin than the money. Thais seem to value whiteness more than $!!

As for the wage, I imagine not over 6000 baht/month depending on which island though.

I am sorry, I don't want to offend anyone here, I totally believe that there are lots of the boys are attracted by the westerns white skin.

What I mean is if they earn so little mony, they has less chance to marry a local girl (I mean less chance, not no chance), because marrying the local will cost them quite expensive for the betrothal.

If the average wage for a non-college educated Thai is 4 to 10,000 bht, then how do they pay outrageous asking prices for marrying a Thai girl, such as 50,000 bht +?? I would think it would take them years to save such an amount.

I ran into a Thai girl in a park last week, she told me that she was just dumped by her farang boy friend who is the chief representative of SONY Entertainment in Thailand. That guy owns a $2 million villa in pattaya.

I asked her why don't find a local bf, she replied frankly, the local boy is too poor for her, she bought a big house with mortage, she has big financial pressure, she need some one rich enough, so that why she prefers farangs. So I asked her why she buy such a big house, she replied that it is all for her mother, she want to her mother live in some decent place.

I feel very sympathetic for her, she cares so much about her family. and I feel very guilty too, because i never think buying a house for my mother!

We kept talking, i asked her what she is going to do , she told me that a friend of her ex-bf, also a farang, ask her to sleep with him, and will give her 10000 baht, and she was going to meet him that night, not only for the money but also for the revenge to her ex-bf.

My sympathism suddenly disapper......

So that's why i am very curious about the salary between the farang and lcoal here.

10,000 bht for one night??