New Model Toyota Pickup

JimmyGreaves

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December 2007? It's about time. There hasn't been an update in three years.

Will Toyota tweak the engine? Isuzu does it every few months?

Or will it be better equipment level - with DVD players and rear window/rear panel access?

Or will it be a new gearbox for 3l engine to go with 2wd?

I agree Jflundy

Two thoughts here :-

1. I have heard a 'new' batch of Vigo Exclusive models is to be announced in Nov this year.I heard it from a representative of my local Toyota dealer.

2. I believe there are too many falangs who think a truck should drive like a 'western' luxury saloon car! ITS A TOYOTA TRUCK! NOT A BMW M3 :o:D:D

:D

I agree Jflundy

Two thoughts here :-

1. I have heard a 'new' batch of Vigo Exclusive models is to be announced in Nov this year.I heard it from a representative of my local Toyota dealer.

2. I believe there are too many falangs who think a truck should drive like a 'western' luxury saloon car! ITS A TOYOTA TRUCK! NOT A BMW M3 :o:D:D

:D

Sorry to cause offence, just having a light hearted dig. True, one should remember it's a truck not a car. But hey, it would also be handy if it stopped as well

Hope it looks a lot better than the current ugly thing.

So that's how you've accumulated nearly 7000 posts by adding stuff not relevant to the post. Another plonker!

Yeah, he's pretty good at that but does come out with something useful every thousand posts or so. :o

Not sure about the new pickup. Not long bought a Prerunner - the type that'd go right over Neeranam's poof wagon without blinking - and think I still would have even if I knew there was a brand new version coming out. The current Vigo is a proven, solid bit of kit and a big hit. Who's to say a brand new version wouldn't be a clunker? Best to hang back until they get a reputation IMO :D

The old Vigo's been about for a few years now, and is somewhat having a mid life crisis. With the likes of Nissan adding EBD, twin air bags, 404Nm torque from a 2.5 litre diesel, leather trim, multi-disc MP3 player - not to mention a 6 speed manual or 5 speed auto box, Toyota have a lot of catching up to do....I'm waiting with my cash!

geoffphuket

Sometimes this forum is a f***ing waste of time, to many idiots taking the threads off topic.

That's why we get a bad name in Thailand. TOO MANY FALANG IDIOTS!

I asked the toyota dealer, they know nothing, but they also told me toyota didnt do a 2 wheel drive vigo in auto,that too was misinformation,and you are right, there are a lot of tw@ts on here,.

So that's how you've accumulated nearly 7000 posts by adding stuff not relevant to the post. Another plonker!

Yeah, he's pretty good at that but does come out with something useful every thousand posts or so. :o

Not sure about the new pickup. Not long bought a Prerunner - the type that'd go right over Neeranam's poof wagon without blinking - and think I still would have even if I knew there was a brand new version coming out. The current Vigo is a proven, solid bit of kit and a big hit. Who's to say a brand new version wouldn't be a clunker? Best to hang back until they get a reputation IMO :D

i have owned or driven all the 4x4s here, this is the business i am in, the vigo is the best, navara ( which i have for another month ) is no comparison, the dmax/colorado noisy and the one i drove with 60000 kms was loose,.triton, ok, ,toytota is not number one for no reason, all you slagging it off have an inferior vehicle if you have another make, period ( my opinion ) motor dealer for 35 years,.

i have owned or driven all the 4x4s here, this is the business i am in, the vigo is the best, navara ( which i have for another month ) is no comparison, the dmax/colorado noisy and the one i drove with 60000 kms was loose,.triton, ok, ,toytota is not number one for no reason, all you slagging it off have an inferior vehicle if you have another make, period ( my opinion ) motor dealer for 35 years,.

Just curious, but whys the Nissan Navara no comparison? Expand please.

fully agree , toyota got it right first time with the vigo , and apart from a passenger airbag and a rear seat armrest in the 4 door, theres not much need for a new model.

isuzu cosmetically upgrade their d-max every 10 minutes with such must haves as yet another chrome bar on the grille , yet another new shape for the headlamps etc. , but although the thais lap up that nonsense , they do little to address the shortcomings of the vehicle ( poor rear access , noisy engine , terrible ride)

not to mention a 6 speed manual or 5 speed auto box,

again , just what a pick up needs. who do you think you are laddie ? stirling moss !!

2wd auto box for 3l diesel engine is what Toyota really needs. They just released it for 2.7l gasoline engine in Fortuners.

Gearbox is the only thing Toyota imports from Japan, I heard.

Would there be any power increase? I don't think it will be anything major. Toyota's engine is still very good despite all competitors having better numbers. A couple of people here said that Navara's 174 hp does not feel any faster, for example.

2wd auto box for 3l diesel engine is what Toyota really needs. They just released it for 2.7l gasoline engine in Fortuners.

Gearbox is the only thing Toyota imports from Japan, I heard.

Would there be any power increase? I don't think it will be anything major. Toyota's engine is still very good despite all competitors having better numbers. A couple of people here said that Navara's 174 hp does not feel any faster, for example.

I drove the 2 wheel drive 3.0 d4d in auto,it is definatly faster ( less weight,turning fewer cogs ,etc ),i also put a typhoon power up to 205 bhp on it and i kid you not if flew, i had great fun ,and i have the 3 speeding tickets in one day going to koh kong and back to prove it !

Recently drove my new 3.0 VIGO 4x4 automatic (the big black monster) from Chiang Rai to Bangkok and back. Was empty on the way down and full on the way back. It was an absolute pleasure to drive. It did seem a bit smoother and more balanced caring a load. No problem passing either.