New Model Toyota Pickup

JimmyGreaves

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and opinions are like a-holes, every one has one!. I would not boast about being a dealer for 35 years, most are tossers and would sell their own grannies a shopping trolley if it got their bonus.
Im glad you said most, i almost took offence, and i wasnt bragging just giving my credentials for a comment made, mine, ,so now you have made yours can i make a judgement ? ..as it happens im currently driving a nissan, not my choice, and i stand by what i said about toyota, as an ex motor dealer it was good to sell cars that didnt break down and give you grief with customers,.

post-41326-1189784581_thumb.jpg

mike we all know you like toyotas, but to call all other vehicles inferior... well i think that's a stretch. otherwise people like our beloved corky and myself would be tossing our mercs, ranges, bimmers, saabs, and the like in favor of a vios, altis, camry, etc..... not in this lifetime. you can praise toyota all you want, but calling other brands inferior is just over the top (unless it's a Geely from China :o )

mike we all know you like toyotas, but to call all other vehicles inferior... well i think that's a stretch. otherwise people like our beloved corky and myself would be tossing our mercs, ranges, bimmers, saabs, and the like in favor of a vios, altis, camry, etc..... not in this lifetime. you can praise toyota all you want, but calling other brands inferior is just over the top (unless it's a Geely from China :D )
Im sorry, let me elaborate,i thought we were comparing the relative similarities in the available vigo/dmax/ etc bridgade, however, it remains ,toyotas reliability does come out tops over all others dosent it ? :o ..i never bought a toyota when i lived in the uk ( for myself ) i have owned and enjoyed all sorts and makes,so i would be a hypacrit to say all were inferior,.its horses for courses and now im in thailand i dont want or need a bentley continental coupe or a testarossa ( yes i have had both ) ,i feel having one of them in pattaya would be a giving out the wrong signals, .actually nearly all my posts are tongue in cheek and some readers/members are bound to bite, that is the problem with the internet you cant see a facial expression,.and to re cap im not toyota crazy, im only giving my opinion that the vigo and fortuner are best in class and in my opinion again good value for money, :D

All I can say is I have had my Vigo 4x4 auto 4 door since 2005 without a single problem. I was thinking of buying a Fortuner for the wife but my taxi driver and neighbor says they have a problem with the ABS atm. Does anyone know if TRD has a conversion for the brakes on the Fortuner?

In all the years I have been in Thailand, I have had seven different vehicles. Out of the seven only one was a lemon and it was a 2002 four door 4X4 Toyota. I now have a Nissan pickup that may very well be the VERY best vehicle I have ever owned plus a Ford Focus Ghia which has only about 7,000 kilometers on it. It seldom gets driven because both the wife and myself prefer driving the Nissan except for long trips to Jomtien. The car is much more comfortable to drive. The Ford is still new and I have not made a judgment yet. It is a pleasure to drive and so far no complaints except we live out in the boonies and cars are at a severe disadvantage as far as road clearance. At this point I am NOT a Toyota fan.

Glad to see you did not take too much offence MTVM, over the past decade I too have had some top end cars, most recommended by dealer friends I have known for many years.

With my own business in the UK I treated myself to a 7 series BMW, black and looked superb. One of the biggest mistakes ever, a complete dud and certainly not the ultimate driving machine. I get a bit suspicious when folk attach themselves to a certain brand. Certainly Toyota,s are well made vehicles, one I previously owned was the old Mark 2 MR2 and the new Camry has a good rep, however their pick ups do not do it for me.

A friend recently sent me a cutting from the Daily Telegraph motoring section, the vigo got a real panning and a Thai built one would not be acceptable in the EU, import a South African built one was their advice.

So no Toyota's on my drive and certainly no Isuzu's, mainly due to their association with GM., do not mention their ECU's.

What is there - Nissan Navara 4x2 King cab

Heard a few unsubstansiated reports that there is to be a new release of the toyota pickup in December 2007.

Anyone confirm this?

To answer your question, When in Aus I allways ask arround the dealers for "whats new or coming" and was told by Toyota no new Vigo or Hilux, as they allways get them before Uk, we are allways last to get any new models here.

The Isuzu Dmax is probably the most durable and its direct injection engine is easy to maintain for a simple garage mechanic, downside is its noisy and agricultural.

The Nissan Navara is much more refined to drive, and the top model here in UK IS the Adventura, all the toys, Leather, big screen sat nav, electric front seats, bla bla, down side is Dealers and Nissan are bad for warrenty problems, they are currently dodging out of warrenty problems, ie gearboxs and clutches, also plenty of sudden engines failiures, here and Aus. The 3 litre was allways a problem in the Patrol.

Vigo in my opinion is the best buy, car like to drive, with no real issues and major problems, and I have allways found Toyota first class to deal with, that has been with Landcrusers.

If you want Tractor like buy D-max 3.0 direct injection with fuel pump, This one is finnished here in Uk, gone to 2.5 litre common rail.

If you want quietness and luxury go common rail engine, downside is big repair bills when fails.

Glad to see you did not take too much offence MTVM, over the past decade I too have had some top end cars, most recommended by dealer friends I have known for many years.

With my own business in the UK I treated myself to a 7 series BMW, black and looked superb. One of the biggest mistakes ever, a complete dud and certainly not the ultimate driving machine. I get a bit suspicious when folk attach themselves to a certain brand. Certainly Toyota,s are well made vehicles, one I previously owned was the old Mark 2 MR2 and the new Camry has a good rep, however their pick ups do not do it for me.

A friend recently sent me a cutting from the Daily Telegraph motoring section, the vigo got a real panning and a Thai built one would not be acceptable in the EU, import a South African built one was their advice.

So no Toyota's on my drive and certainly no Isuzu's, mainly due to their association with GM., do not mention their ECU's.

What is there - Nissan Navara 4x2 King cab

Funny that, me too, ,.its not bad truck ( im driving it in connection with my business ) but i do prefer the vigo,.there are hundreds in the EU, they get through the SVA easy, all they need is a fog light and the tyres changing as they are not E marked,

post-41326-1189955486_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikethevigoman

so its not just thailand that builds toyota hilux? i guess i read wrong that South africa imported the hilux from thailand..i think australia imports from thailand too.. if im not wrong...
They make the hilux in at least 3 different regions that i am aware of, you are correct that the vigo is made solely in thailand, however the hilux is made elsewhere, i found out first when i sent a leather interior to the uk, the uk hilux has 3 rear headrests versus the vigos 2, also in iceland,.plus other different spec,.

toyota have seen the demand for fortuners from those in the land marketing business and have brought out a new special edition , the recently released "fortuner realtor" , or , for the british market the "fortuner estate agent"

in spite of toyotas press releases , nobody is quite sure of the exact specification , but we are told it will come in several shades of grey , but definately not in black and white. an extra powerful aircon system has been installed to cope with all the hot air expected inside the vehicle.

standard features include , rose tinted windows that are difficult to close (or open), possibly a sunroof that might (or might not) leak a bit , and it will definately have a very small horn.

non refundable deposits are being taken now , for delivery in 2010.

and from the fortuner website.

The World Is Mine.

Those who own the world see it differently. What most consider conventional contradictions, they see as a seamless fusion. Bold yet refined. Rugged yet stylish. Brimming with power, yet safe as home. A symbol of strength, yet a vision of beauty. Teeming with cutting-edge technology, yet interfaces effortlessly with its master. A luxury SUV unlike any other - the new Toyota Fortuner.

toyota have seen the demand for fortuners from those in the land marketing business and have brought out a new special edition , the recently released "fortuner realtor" , or , for the british market the "fortuner estate agent"

in spite of toyotas press releases , nobody is quite sure of the exact specification , but we are told it will come in several shades of grey , but definately not in black and white. an extra powerful aircon system has been installed to cope with all the hot air expected inside the vehicle.

standard features include , rose tinted windows that are difficult to close (or open), possibly a sunroof that might (or might not) leak a bit , and it will definately have a very small horn.

The World Is Mine.

Those who own the world see it differently. What most consider conventional contradictions, they see as a seamless fusion. Bold yet refined. Rugged yet stylish. Brimming with power, yet safe as home. A symbol of strength, yet a vision of beauty. Teeming with cutting-edge technology, yet interfaces effortlessly with its master. A luxury SUV unlike any other - the new Toyota Fortuner.

:o

For all you lovers of pick ups, just read a report about new Toyota Hi-lux Invincible on www.carsuk.msn.com, looks nice.

You can compare all the trucks side by side, but obviously they are for the UK market and all come with unusual monickers!!

Toyota Hilux - Invincible

Nissan Navara - Outlaw

Mitsubishi L200 - Warrior

Maybe wrong on this too, but all these trucks seem to be 4 door double cabs for the UK market, and Mike/vigo man, did you know that the UK Navara is buit in Nissans Spain factory!

For all you lovers of pick ups, just read a report about new Toyota Hi-lux Invincible on www.carsuk.msn.com, looks nice.

You can compare all the trucks side by side, but obviously they are for the UK market and all come with unusual monickers!!

Nissan Navara - Outlaw

Maybe wrong on this too, but all these trucks seem to be 4 door double cabs for the UK market, and Mike/vigo man, did you know that the UK Navara is buit in Nissans Spain factory!

Yes i did, in left and right hand drive,different spec altogether to the uk, ( its called a frontier in the states and they dont have a diesel ) also the mercedes vito is built in spain, the vw t5 in poland,.( for europe )..as i supply accessories for them it causes me a major headache having to know country of origin/build,.

The World Is Mine.

:o

BUCKET ! i feel sick ,..excellent ,are real estate agents taking over from car dealers as the number 1 purveyor or verbal dhiarroea ?,..you missed out plenty of room with a view ,lol

Nissan Navara - Outlaw

URL Link not working. correct link = http://cars.uk.msn.com

Yes had a look at the Invincible here in the UK and the spec is much better than the Thai - Vigo

http://research.cars.uk.msn.com/autos/vip/...;ts=65156182007

Edited by jflundy

As I said, I'd have bought a Vigo if they had 2WD with a reasonable ride height and an auto box. No need for 4WD. Got the D-Max and apart from some fuel consumption issues I hope to address next week, it is fine. Auto box is perhaps better in the Vigo but the wider tyres give the Dmax a better ride (I know you can change tyres etc).

All in all not that much in it to choose one over the other except for finance offers and ease of purchase.I gues I'd have been happy in either and I did hire a Vigo for a month beforehand.