Man Returns Home From Thai Jail

mrbojangles

Apologies if this has been covered but couldn't find the story in the news forum. Mods please delete or move if not covered :o

Full story from the BBC:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/6988563.stm

The family of a British man given a life sentence in Thailand for drugs offences has welcomed him home after his conviction was quashed.

Jody Aggett was greeted at Heathrow by his five-year-old son, Ryan, his parents, Lorna and Tony, and his twin sister, Tammy.

Mr Aggett's Thai girlfriend, Ramphia Lo, gave birth in jail after she was sentenced alongside Mr Aggett in 2001.

The couple decided to send Ryan home to his grandparents in Swindon, Wiltshire.

The emotional meeting on Tuesday at Heathrow was only the second time the little boy had seen his father.

Mr Aggett said: "It's great to be back."

He added that he had not been confident he would be freed when his case was brought before the Thai Supreme Court. He admitted: "I was expecting the same sentence again."

I just caught the tale end this moring on BBC World.

It says the mother is waiting for a visa - hope she does not have to wait long and you would think they could have expidited it given the circumstances!!!

There is another thread but it about his being found not guilty and not his arrival home.

"Mr Aggett said: "It's great to be back."

When all the LA LA land wears off, reality speaks.

Yeah thats rational!!!

I know some people are desperate to stay in Thailand and the thought of going home brings on mental instability in some but I rather think he would rather be a free man in England than in gaol in Thailand. :o

...the pair were allowed to stay rent-free in the flat if they opened and closed the office. But the agency's owner had been manufacturing ecstasy in the building...
...had been living above a travel agents in Bangkok...

:o ...of course, anyone could be excused for thinking the bags of pills stored downstairs were actually intended for the travel agency's sea-sick clients... :D:D:D

...the pair were allowed to stay rent-free in the flat if they opened and closed the office. But the agency's owner had been manufacturing ecstasy in the building...
...had been living above a travel agents in Bangkok...

:o ...of course, anyone could be excused for thinking the bags of pills stored downstairs were actually intended for the travel agency's sea-sick clients... :D:D:D

i like a happy ending hope the girl gets her visa and they can be all together ...........

Criminals cannot get a visa

Lets forget the fact her conviction is quashed!

You really think people with criminal records do not get visa's to the UK - that is naive.

Recently there are cases of guys wanted for very serious crimes in the UK fleeing to their own countries and returning under a new name - only caught for the previous offence when arrested for something new and prints and/or DNA show who they really are.

I am assuming all they need is a police check and clearance - just think iof where some of these people come from - I am sure they can buy a clean record so to speak :o

who paid the bribe

Guess another legal immigrant, get them on the dole quick

What a stupid comment.

I know a lot of Thais living here and not a single one is unemployed.

No shortage of "locals" begging for change though :o

I think she may even add more to Britain than Khun ? does - fair swap :D