Its Been So Hot......

begsaresponse

My take on 'heat index'... an invention of the US television 'meteorologists' to make the weather sound more exciting than it really is.

Let me help you out here.

Go and sit in a sauna set at 34°C...then saturate the air with water by splashing some water on the coals.

Get it now?

that aint no heat index rubbish, that's just REAL hot n' humid

put more ice in the Jack :o

Ahh the scholar speaks.

However then you have diluted the Jack.

For me its ice in the shorts Jack down the gullet.

kdf

kdf, not wishing to hijack the OP but as a fellow Jack aficionado, have you tried Blantons?

No Blanton's not familiar with that one. I cool my jets with Jack here in LOS ( and the occaisional Laphroiag when I can find it). However just came back from trip to US of A and sopped up Maker's Mark.

Speaking of hot temps, in USA coming from mountains down to SF Bay area, found 107 degrees Fahrenheit. I am not sure what that is in centipede.

Stay cool and what is Blanton's?

kdf

My take on 'heat index'... an invention of the US television 'meteorologists' to make the weather sound more exciting than it really is.

Go and sit in a sauna set at 34°C...then saturate the air with water by splashing some water on the coals.

Get it now?

You're obviously not too bright. "REAL hot n' humid" correlates to a high heat index. I suppose you'd prefer we change the laws of physics.

Edited by tropo

Get it now?

You're obviously not too bright. "REAL hot n' humid" correlates to a high heat index. I suppose you'd prefer we change the laws of physics.

ok, make that VERY hot n' humid.

The laws of physics have buggerall to do with 'heat index' and 'wind chill'

btw, Miss Grant gave me 4 gold stars in Primary 7 so I am quite a bit brighter than you think I am.

Ahh the scholar speaks.

kdf

kdf, not wishing to hijack the OP but as a fellow Jack aficionado, have you tried Blantons?

No Blanton's not familiar with that one. I cool my jets with Jack here in LOS ( and the occaisional Laphroiag when I can find it). However just came back from trip to US of A and sopped up Maker's Mark.

Speaking of hot temps, in USA coming from mountains down to SF Bay area, found 107 degrees Fahrenheit. I am not sure what that is in centipede.

kdf

Next time you go stateside, get a couple of bottles of Blantons. You'll thank me for it.

www.blantonsbourbon.com

btw, Miss Grant gave me 4 gold stars in Primary 7 so I am quite a bit brighter than you think I am.

Unfortunately, not having the benefit of seeing your brilliance first hand in Primary 7 I only have your replies here to go on and that statement wouldn't gain too many stars in any school....not in an English or a science class.

Would you like a more detailed explanation on how humidity and temperature affect the human body?

Unfortunately, not having the benefit of seeing your brilliance first hand in Primary 7 I only have your replies here to go on and that statement wouldn't gain too many stars in any school....not in an English or a science class.

Would you like a more detailed explanation on how humidity and temperature affect the human body?

nope. worked oman and texas and alaska and siberia so know when it's hot n humid and cold n windy thanks very much for offering tho'. you seem a nice chap.

put more ice in the Jack :D

Ahh the scholar speaks.

kdf

kdf

Multiply or divide by 100, whatever suits you. :o

Speaking of hot temps, in USA coming from mountains down to SF Bay area, found 107 degrees Fahrenheit.

Sounds like the time for a Super-burrito over on Mission street! :o

While excellent burritos can be found on Mission st, esp at the Taqueria near 24th. getting cool would be more like a beach bar b q just south of the Cliff house.

Back in Patters the recent rains have dropped the temp here just south of Pratumnak hill.

Also recent application of the abilities of a good air con man, have left our place cooler and cheaper than before.

kdf

Ahh the scholar speaks.

kdf

kdf

Next time you go stateside, get a couple of bottles of Blantons. You'll thank me for it.

www.blantonsbourbon.com

Blanton's site looks good, bottle looks good, will try next time stateside, but if anyone finds interesting Bourbons in Pattaya area, let us all know.

kdf

nope. worked oman and texas and alaska and siberia so know when it's hot n humid and cold n windy thanks very much for offering tho'. you seem a nice chap.

I understand now. You've had too much experience therefore you don't need a measure of heat index.

Believe it or not, this index can be useful to less experienced people.