Looking For Small Office Space (2 Desks) - Cheap!

NaiGreg

I'm looking for a small office space (2 desks) in A. Mueang for my wife's part-time non-retailbusiness.

1 Employee. Basics needed are security, telephone/fax, A/C and nearby food center. Hi-speed Internet and parking would be nice but not absolutely necessary.

First time looking ... We are hoping to get the most office for the least ฿ :o

Suggestions? Anyone have experience renting space in Panthip? (low-traffic areas might be cheap?)

Thanks,

NG

I'm looking for a small office space (2 desks) in A. Mueang for my wife's part-time non-retailbusiness.

1 Employee. Basics needed are security, telephone/fax, A/C and nearby food center. Hi-speed Internet and parking would be nice but not absolutely necessary.

Suggestions? Anyone have experience renting space in Panthip? (low-traffic areas might be cheap?)

Thanks,

NG

I think Chuchok had an office in Pantip, but he moved back to NZ earlier this month. PM him. He might be able to give you some details.

I think Chuchok had an office in Pantip, but he moved back to NZ earlier this month. PM him. He might be able to give you some details.

I fear you might have mixed up your "ch"'s. Chanchao was in Pantip. I don't think Chuchock ever was.

I fear you might have mixed up your "ch"'s. Chanchao was in Pantip. I don't think Chuchock ever was.

I knew there was a "ch" in there :o

Thanks,

NG

Hi,

I know of office space for rent that will match your needs.

----------------------------

Serviced office facility:

From 5,000 baht per month

- A Co-share office with utilities

- Reception area with receptionist

- Conference room

- Telephone Answering

- Incoming and outgoing mail handling

- Own business address

- Courier Service

- Personal Computers

- Free Internet

Also:

From 12,000 baht per month

- Located at Payathai Plaza

- 1 minute walk from Payathai Skytrain station

- Large 150 sq meter space

- Full aircon

- 20 desks and chairs

- 20 computers

- reception area

- conference room with video facility

- high speed internet access

This is a turn-key solution with immediate move-in available.

Full or partial occupancy available.

Pls PM for further info.

Thanks,

Martin.

Edited by mcp123

I had been open a computer shop in Phantip CM. for one year. It is a hard time doing business there, high price rental with only 1st and some part of 2nd floor and food court are some customer there. Building look good high standard but not enough parking with crazy management system. Think twice before you desire to set up office there.

I had been open a computer shop in Phantip CM. for one year. It is a hard time doing business there, high price rental with only 1st and some part of 2nd floor and food court are some customer there. Building look good high standard but not enough parking with crazy management system. Think twice before you desire to set up office there.

Thanks for your reply [warning] and all the others. I'm still looking around.

-NG

Yes, my wife's company was indeed located in Panthip before she moved. Too bad you didn't get to the forum a couple months earlier because we would have had the perfect place to take over.

Onepen: It's a NON RETAIL business. So then it doesn't matter if you're on the 4th floor where rent is very affordable.

I always liked being at Pantip. It looks high-profile to customers when actually rent is not more than a crap shophouse in a semi-decent location. Plus you have security 24/7, parking downstairs for customers, very nice clean building, bank office in the building and of course all the computer and office supplies you'll ever need right there in the building too. Food center is good too, staff like being able to just stay in aircon comfort to grab a cheap bite to eat. Then taxi drivers know where it is, it really is a great location. We rented one of the bigger shops for, what, 12K baht a month I think. Smaller shops would be cheaper, though if your business is non-retail then I recommend going to the top floor.

In the end we couldn't sell the office furnishings and decorations so we ripped them all out... and re-used them in our new house.. You wouldn't believe where stuff ended up but we re-used almost everything. The wood laminate floor ended up as panelling for the bathtub, lights with dimmer went into all the bedrooms, decorative elements went into the baby room to create kind of pseudo steps/stairs there, etc. Thailand truly is the land of recycling, no matter what it is it's affordable to rip & re-use!

Edited by chanchao

• 2 months later...

Hi. I am also on the lookout for a (very) small office space in which to work on a book project. I don't need a serviced office situation, but want aircon and internet access, relative quiet, a lock on the door, and preferably within walking distance to Loy Kroh/Thapae Rd area.

After reading this thread I went to Pantip Plaza today and their cheapest space was 7225 baht/month (30sqm) on the 4th/top floor. Next best was 8000 baht (25sqm) or 8805 baht (26sqm) on the 3rd floor. If a Thai signs the agreement they want 3 months deposit plus one months rent in advance. If a farang signs then I think they said they want 6 months plus one month. Plus electric.

I was hoping for less - for this amount I could set myself up in an aircon room (with net access) in a nice guesthouse with plenty of baht left over. Would anyone happen to know of any other cheaper options? Thanks

- CB

Yeah, those are pretty much the prices, though there's probably some room for negotiation especially on the 4th floor. It all depends on if you need to receive people there; if it's just a place to put your computer down then any cheapo apartment building will do. But if you need to receive customers / business partners, AND you don't need a lot of space, then an office in Pantip for 7000-8000 baht is a steal, because you're NOT going to rent a shophouse in even a half-decent looking area for that money: your business then looks like any other tiny shophouse run business. Plus at Pantip for that money you get the 24/7 security, customer parking downstairs (ok, only up to 3 hours free), clean toilets, food center nearby and all that.

Honestly.. 8000-ish baht for a place that looks truly professional.. (Because people tend to assume it's only a sales office, with a main office somewhere in Bangkok or whatever. :o ) Where in the world is that possible..

Edited by chanchao