Big Mike's

Ulysses G.

Stopped by Big Mike's last night and thought it was pretty dam_n good for thailand. The staff are still getting used to the job, but that will come with time. Shake was excellant as mentioned by somebody else. The burger was good sized and with the nice chunky onion ring I was stuffed when finished. Fries were tasty as well. First good american style burger joint I've come across in thailand. I will be back for sure.

Great addition to Chalong. Now if only a Sunrise Taco's would open up down here... :o

Stopped by Big Mike's last night and thought it was pretty dam_n good for thailand. The staff are still getting used to the job, but that will come with time. Shake was excellant as mentioned by somebody else. The burger was good sized and with the nice chunky onion ring I was stuffed when finished. Fries were tasty as well. First good american style burger joint I've come across in thailand. I will be back for sure.

Great addition to Chalong. Now if only a Sunrise Taco's would open up down here... :o

I was always a big fan of the first one in Chiangmai...if you like it now , you will love it later as the staff gain confidence....give them time, Mike will get them there

Stopped by Mike's tonight and everything was great as usual, except they seem to have changed hamburger buns. Hopefully they just ran out at the last min and couldn't get the usual buns.

Mike if u are reading this, the bigger softer buns are way, way better than the lotus/bigC style bun which are mostly made up of air it seems. :o

Hi Jung,

Where is MIKE'S in Chalong?

I bin there 3 times this year, from NZ.

I've never seen it.

My watering hole is, On's "Come On Bar."

Bin going there 4 - 5 years now.

I mite be blind........ blonde even....LOL

I always hire a scooter from On and ride allover.

NEVA SEEN MIKE's

Well they opened one here in BKK and the place is a farce with horrible grisly burgers! The staff don't know what they are doing or selling! I've given it 4 goes now and yesterday after waiting 20 minutes for a burger which was terrible I'm moving on. I really was looking forward to Mike's here but from what I can see it won't last long. The place is empty at all times of day and night and the location on Silom is great!

Mike's in Silom, am I rite?

Yeah, pretty 'orrible.

The one near Amari in Chiang Mai, is quite good.

Guess suppliers make a difference. Not keen on the soft Maccas style buns tho'.

Need decent NZ bread.......LOL

SUBWAY uses NZ made bread rolls in all their franchises all over the world.

Sounds strange, but true. Par-baked and frozen.

Hi Jung,

Where is MIKE'S in Chalong?

I bin there 3 times this year, from NZ.

I've never seen it.

My watering hole is, On's "Come On Bar."

Bin going there 4 - 5 years now.

I mite be blind........ blonde even....LOL

I always hire a scooter from On and ride allover.

NEVA SEEN MIKE's

Mike's is just off Chalong Roundabout along the road to Kata. Left side of road (coming from roundabout) at the end of the first strech of small shops. So just a short distance from roundabout.

Called in to Mike's about 17.45 today. Came bowling over the hill from Kata to come to a screeching halt by traffic backed from Chalong to Green Man pub. Slow crawl down to Mike's. Not one customer (at 18.00).

Smaller than I expected, just a counter and 3 small tables & 6 chairs. The 2 lady staff were freindly enough. I ordered Onion Rings and Chili Cheese Burger. Rings came in about 3 minutes and I knew then that I had ordred too much as 6 huge onion rings arrived. That would have enough for me. Very tasty, but stopped after 3 awaiting the arrival of the burger, which took a long time to arrive. Came with another huge onion ring.

I thought the bun was nothing great, the burger very greasy, slice of cheese, but I never came across any chili. Just as well, as I struggled to finish the burger, and took the remaning 4 rings back home.

Verdict ... OK, but nothing great. Will go back to try the bowl of chili, and definately rings to go.

Need decent NZ bread.......LOL

SUBWAY uses NZ made bread rolls in all their franchises all over the world.

Sounds strange, but true. Par-baked and frozen.

We in fact have the bread made here. The dough is made by a bakery in Bangkok who signed a confidentiality agreement. They flash freeze the dough then ship it to the restaurants.

We just open a Subway at the Jungceylon Complex. First venture for me outside Bangkok so we are getting our feet wet.

http://www.thailandsubway.com/location/index.php

Maybe a year away from Sunrise Tacos in Phuket.

www.sunrisetacos.com

I wish you guys would open a Subways in Phuket Town. (Near Robinsons area or even Central).

The funny thing about Subways on 200 road in Patong, is that I never see the staff use the cash register. They always add the items in a hand held calculator or ring up a coke but not the sandwiches.

Strange....

Edited by Somtamnication

I wish you guys would open a Subways in Phuket Town. (Near Robinsons area or even Central).

The funny thing about Subways on 200 road in Patong, is that I never see the staff use the cash register. They always add the items in a hand held calculator or ring up a coke but not the sandwiches.

Strange....

Maybe dat why Mikes in BKK went broke..... :o