Air Asia Warning!

bikerlou47

I used Air Asia for the first and last time when I flew to Cambodia.

Myself and 2 others were left stranded at the airport upon our return to Bangkok.

I arrived 40 minutes before my flight time and there was no one at the desk to check me or the other 2 in. I had airport personnel call the gate and they would not return to the check in desk. So the 3 of us had to purchase a one way ticket from Bangkok Air. We were not traveling together but we became quick friends.

Budget airlines mean that they use the same people at the check in counter as the gate in effect pulling double duty.

They left the check in counter early to go to the gate.

My feelings are if this airline is cutting it so close as to strand passengers I can only imagine what corners they are cutting when it comes to maintaining the aircraft. AirAsia will never see me again.

I wont be a bit surprised if in the near future there is a catastrophic event with a AirAsia aircraft!

Myself and 2 others were left stranded at the airport upon our return to Bangkok.

I arrived 40 minutes before my flight time and there was no one at the desk to check me or the other 2 in. I had airport personnel call the gate and they would not return to the check in desk. So the 3 of us had to purchase a one way ticket from Bangkok Air. We were not traveling together but we became quick friends.

Budget airlines mean that they use the same people at the check in counter as the gate in effect pulling double duty.

My feelings are if this airline is cutting it so close as to strand passengers I can only imagine what corners they are cutting when it comes to maintaining the aircraft. AirAsia will never see me again.

I wont be a bit surprised if in the near future there is a catastrophic event with a AirAsia aircraft!

Many airlines (including major carriers) use the same staff for both duties, AirAsia is certainly not alone.

Furthermore, you're supposed to check in a minimum of one hour in advance for any flight, let alone an international flight which is usually two hours. Though I am not a fan of AirAsia, they cannot be faulted in this instance.

Check-In, Deadlines and Conditions: Our check-in counters are open two (2) hours before the scheduled flight departure time. The counters close forty-five (45) minutes before the scheduled flight departure time.

You were late, your fault unfortunately. 90% of airlines would have done the same thing and not allowed you on the flight, even though it was just 5 minutes.

Im sorry to hear you had problems with them but I have to say I have used air asia a lot for international and national travel and im pretty happy with them. Its budget so maybe my expectations arent high, then again Ive been on a few budget airlines in Europe where the service and plane conditions were pretty ###### poor. Air asia staff have always been efficient and curtious in my opinion and im very glad of the cut prices. (not so glad of the recent tax increase though!) As the previous poster mentioned, best not to leave check-in till last minute. I would put it down to just bad luck, rather than on airasia.

Oh for the record, i have no invested interest in airasia, comments are based on personal experience only.

I really have to laugh. As a flight Attendant for 25 years the people that complain most and long are generally the ones that are at fault and never accept the blame. Everybody....everybody....that flies knows that u don't show up at the airport 40 minutes before a flight...and certainly not an international flight. All international airlines and not just the budget ones, that are not in their home countries use the same people that are at check-in and at the gate, this is normal procedure.

Are the passengers supposed to wait for you?? Should the staff hope that will show up just because you bought a bottom dollar ticket? You know how many times over the years we have missed take off slots because some passenger was wandering through duty free thinking they can board when they want to board while everybody else is sitting on board the aircraft. Of course we generally get the last laugh. While your wandering and ignoring the airport pages we are offloading your bags. If no bags and you manage to get to the gate the Captain is so pissed off by this time he denies you boarding. I've lost count over the years how many times this has happened.

Now God knows the airlines have problems, and I certainly know the airline I work for does, and I'm certainly not saying we are never wrong because I know many times we are. But in this case. You are wrong and you act like a spoiled brat when you say you would not be surprised that AirAsia has a catastrophic event.

And no I don't work for AirAsia.

Its worth mentioning also that on two occasions ive seen airasia hold a flight for wayward passengers. Embarressingly one of those was me. First time flying from BKK, was a bit confused and asked which lounge i should go to. Was missdirected and ended up in the wrong lounge. I noticed the clock said 10 past my flight time so went to enquire what was happening as no announcement. Anyway..after being told I should be in a different lounge i pegged it to the correct area much to the bemusement of all. I was about 15-20 mins late and red faced. Couldnt face looking at the passengers as i snuck to my seat. Anyway..point is..the staff were very curtious, even after that. So, i really cant fault their staff.

Flying from Singapore to BKK, did not have a ticket booked because did not know when I would arrive. Anyway, noticed there was a airasia flight departing in less then an hour. WHen I got to the check in counter they had already closed. I was lucky. She turned on her computer and booked me on the flight.

So lighten up and be on time or take what comes your way.

Flying from Singapore to BKK, did not have a ticket booked because did not know when I would arrive. Anyway, noticed there was a airasia flight departing in less then an hour. WHen I got to the check in counter they had already closed. I was lucky. She turned on her computer and booked me on the flight.

So lighten up and be on time or take what comes your way.

air asia for me have been great ,book on line ,always got the dates and times i wanted,bit of a free for all checking and boarding ,but once on board no different from any other airline ,no food but who eats that crap anyway,when booking yhey hold all your details ,so its really quick to book........

I really have to laugh. As a flight Attendant for 25 years the people that complain most and long are generally the ones that are at fault and never accept the blame. Everybody....everybody....that flies knows that u don't show up at the airport 40 minutes before a flight...and certainly not an international flight. All international airlines and not just the budget ones, that are not in their home countries use the same people that are at check-in and at the gate, this is normal procedure.

Are the passengers supposed to wait for you?? Should the staff hope that will show up just because you bought a bottom dollar ticket? You know how many times over the years we have missed take off slots because some passenger was wandering through duty free thinking they can board when they want to board while everybody else is sitting on board the aircraft. Of course we generally get the last laugh. While your wandering and ignoring the airport pages we are offloading your bags. If no bags and you manage to get to the gate the Captain is so pissed off by this time he denies you boarding. I've lost count over the years how many times this has happened.

Now God knows the airlines have problems, and I certainly know the airline I work for does, and I'm certainly not saying we are never wrong because I know many times we are. But in this case. You are wrong and you act like a spoiled brat when you say you would not be surprised that AirAsia has a catastrophic event.

And no I don't work for AirAsia.

I agree and have made that flight with them heaps of times without incident. These conditions are made extremely clear when you purchase ticket and how you missed them is beyond me. Catastrophic event? have found every flight to be modern fleet and in know way felt there aircraft were any less of a safety standard than major full priced non budget carriers. Last time? well thats going add up and cost you some money instead of just being there on time but hey - its your money.

The OP is a muppet. Don't blame the airline when you arrive late for check-in. Who in their mind does this these days????? You should have been there a few hrs before just for save measure. I'll continue to use Air Asia - great airline with a great price. BTW you will find the same problem with any airline you'd chosen to arrive 40min to departure.

I'd venture that our friend is from a certain country in the Northern part of the Americas. :D

Who else would turn up late and still think they were in the right? :o

probably right. Whatsmore people like this really piss me off. You get to airport on time like your asked and finally board a full paying flight thats just about got peeople sitting in toilets for a seat and you spot 3 spare seats and think you beauty its not going to be such a bad flight after all and I will jump in those seats and stretch out and sleep whole flight. Then you look at your watch and realise you were supposed to depart 20 mins ago and then 3 idiots finally stroll in (the whole flight wants to rip their heads off including myself) and they also take the 3 seats - now I am really pissed, then the flight is late and have to stress the rest of flight if I will make connecting flight.

All arasia flights that I can recall have departed spot on time. Its a pity full fare airlines cannot aply same rules but then I guess they cannot because they are often so unorganised and overbook flights from joining flights together etc that you can sometimes find yourself still waiting to checkin after an hour and 3/4 standing in the godamn line and on occassion even told sorry theres no seats left the flight was overbooked.

What the hel_l are YOU complaining about.

BTW you will find the same problem with any airline you'd chosen to arrive 40min to departure.

Ah, you again....

Bullox comment, I once was waitlisted on KLM out of BKK. I was told to wait after check-in closing.

They took off the check-in sign on the desks and replaced it by a red "closed" sign.

They told me to wait some more time, 4 passengers were missing. The girls were chatting away.

10 mintues later 4 unwashed , unshaven italians made it to the desk and they were still allowed to run to the gate. I took a taxi to downtown and had an extra day off in BKK. (I was airline staff btw)

To the OP: you were late, som nam na. (stop complaining)

Either you are joking or you are a troll :o

Anyway I am quite sure Air Asia will continue to survive even withoout your patronage !

Please, you've made yourself look silly enough in this thread. Don't make it worse by spouting this gibberish. Low cost airlines don't keep costs down by ignoring maintenance. The keep costs down by avoiding frills, keeping the seats full, and by not keeping staff at the counter waiting for people who can't be bothered to arrive at the airport on time.

Please, you've made yourself look silly enough in this thread. Don't make it worse by spouting this gibberish. Low cost airlines don't keep costs down by ignoring maintenance. The keep costs down by avoiding frills, keeping the seats full, and by not keeping staff at the counter waiting for people who can't be bothered to arrive at the airport on time.

Sorry to disagree with but I worked many years in the Aviation industry and companies cutting cutting costs by doing their things their own way (because it's cheaper) instead of established processes is the main reason of crashes do happen.

That is not to say that is the purely the budget airlines who do it but they are operating on a much tighter financial restriction than full cost Airlines.