Landline Divert

Moonfruit

WE have a landline at home that we need to be able to divert to another number, usually mobile as we are never at home.

What would be the easy way to do this?

I remember reading a thread a while ago about a cheap PABX system that would achieve it, but i cant find that thread.

I dont want to use any VOIP stuff or anything fancy. Just trying to keep it as simple as possible. It would be great if the wife could operate it in my absense!

WE have a landline at home that we need to be able to divert to another number, usually mobile as we are never at home.

I remember reading a thread a while ago about a cheap PABX system that would achieve it, but i cant find that thread.

I dont want to use any VOIP stuff or anything fancy. Just trying to keep it as simple as possible. It would be great if the wife could operate it in my absense!

As far as I know TOT and TRUE having Divert Services. You should contact the Call Center of you line provider.

Any way, the PABX I know which can use diverting are quite expensive, the cheap systems can't!

As Reimar states, a PBX would be the expensive way to do it. For starters, you would need a second telephone line. The phone company is the cheapest and easiest way to do it.

If you did want to go with VOIP, then the PBX approach might make sense-- your forwarded calls could be cheap/free, or you could have a cheap/free way for people to call you (with VOIP). Not really worth the money unless you are talking about a small business or make a lot of calls.

There are little boxes that will automatically forward; this one came up with google: http://www.woodtel.com/callforward.htm.

I had it in 3 different places, always as an add-on service. It was about 2$ per month to have it, a phone call to the telco and 5 mins later it was operational, that small charge included in the bill from then on.