About The 800k Baht For Retirement Visa

The 800k baht that is required for the retirement visa must now be on deposit three months prior to the visa renewal date - in my case I have signed a form at the Chiang Mai Immigration Office last year stating that I agreed to this at the next renewal. Question is, if I deposit 800k three months prior to renewal and then spend some of the money and take it down to under 800k by the renewal date, am I considered to have insufficient funds for the visa renewal. In other words, does anyone know if I am required to have 800k on deposit on BOTH dates, renewal date and the date three months prior or merely on one of those two dates?

Thanks

The 800k baht that is required for the retirement visa must now be on deposit three months prior to the visa renewal date - in my case I have signed a form at the Chiang Mai Immigration Office last year stating that I agreed to this at the next renewal. Question is, if I deposit 800k three months prior to renewal and then spend some of the money and take it down to under 800k by the renewal date, am I considered to have insufficient funds for the visa renewal. In other words, does anyone know if I am required to have 800k on deposit on BOTH dates, renewal date and the date three months prior or merely on one of those two dates?

Thanks

I believe they look at the three months and it must not dip below 800k during that time - all the more reason to use pension/income for at least part of the amount; if you have that option.