Rescuers Seek Rescue From Other Rescuers

sriracha john

The rescue foundations transport injured for free already, gasoline and equipment paid for by the volunteers personally (and not reimbursed by anyone). Hospitals though aren't free - but that is hardly the fault or responsibility of the rescue organisations.

I was talking about the hospitals. Make this head bonus that the hospitals pay rescue workers illegal and take huge fines from the hospital management.

This would (yeah yeah i'm on my better thailand dream) remove the cause and not the sympthom.

Then we still have cases like the english guy in pattaya who was refused from getting treatment, because he looked like like a low-so backpacker without money and died while his premium health insurance card was still untouched in this guest house room. But you change it step by step, but i don't really see a first step.

Should always carry your health insurance on you. This is Thailand and it's not going to change cause some ranting foreigners online suddenly get all jittery about a different style of rescue service.

Carrying firearms? Well it's not the best solution is it? But these guys need to defend themselves so the non-violent approach would just lead to one side being bullied by the other.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the driving force behind writing countless messages with one purpose only.. to complain about the foundations and criticize somebody

trying to do good? Exactly how is that contributing to a positive change?

ColPyats adversaries have not come up with any informed or realistic alternatives to the currently operating foundations.

One even says that he wouldn't donate to the current system, even if it's the only alternative.

Better to not fund the foundations and let accident victims corpses lay around and rot i guess.

Atleast it feeds future complaints and rants on the internet about how LOS sucks.

I can't help but to think of the saying "arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics - even if you win - you're still retarded!"

Thankfully however, there is a difference between arguing on the Internet and competing in the special olympics.

Not all participants on the internetforums are retarded.

:o

In a way I agree although I would not call Thai society dysfunctional; maybe in comparison to other societies but I think Thai society in itself functions quite well in its own right and as such will find its own way to improve without comparison to other societies.

Anyway getting off topic now :D

Obviously the exact state of dysfunctionality is debatable.

For me, the rescue foundations, and the areas they work in are a very good reflection of Thai society. With and through them you get to see a lot of what is usually hidden from view - the crime, the violence, the corruption, the desperation. You get into the houses of the poor, but also of the rich and mighty (they also kill themselves and have the occasional murder). You get insides to the police and many other institutions. You see the patronage system at work on many levels.

Of course you see a lot of good things as well, such as individual attempts to improve society. And you see the compromises one has to make while trying to improve the situation.

At the end of the day, it -Thailand- is what it is. The Thais will solve their problems in their own fashion... or they won't :o

What is the driving force behind writing countless messages with one purpose only.. to complain about the foundations and criticize somebody

ColPyats adversaries have not come up with any informed or realistic alternatives to the currently operating foundations.

One even says that he wouldn't donate to the current system, even if it's the only alternative.

Better to not fund the foundations and let accident victims corpses lay around and rot i guess.

Atleast it feeds future complaints and rants on the internet about how LOS sucks.

:D

Let's all write down what needs to be done, you walk out of the trench and tell them their little scams and turf ownerships are over, take it on from there.

You take the bullet to the back of the head.

Any particular foundation we should call afterwards or do you prefer we go full circle and let them sort out who's territory it is?

This is nothing but another severely neglected area/infrastructure by the successive governments over the years, just like the missing patrolling cars/motorcycles on the roads not actively taking care of the road viruses that plague this country(Strangely enough, one provides victims for the other. :o), or the long overdue rehaul of a mostly incompetent and corrupt police force.

Shoot out between two rescue teams is not a rumor. Maybe they are nice people in your view, but I wouldn't be so proud of having freinds who always carry guns and occasionally shoot at rival trucks. This is a stuff for B-movies about gang culture, not emergency services.

On a side note. Once Colpyat complained that people here do no appreciate his "inside" information. In this case he acts and talks like an official spokesman for those goons. If you provide "insider" information you should at least pretend that you are impartial. Any news source that is so clearly slanted should expect to be shot down.

A shootout between two suburban teams does not mean that all rescue teams are engaged in those activities. You cannot extrapolate from one incident to all rescue teams.

And now with the latest reported incident,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=160471

the number of gangs... errr, I mean "teams" involved in these criminal acts (shooting firearms, assault and battery, wreckless driving, etc. etc.) continues to grow to include:

Siam Ruam Jai Foundation

Ruam Katanyu Foundation

Por Tek Teung Foundation (the poster's "team")

Pirun Foundation

Edited by sriracha john

:D

Let's all write down what needs to be done, you walk out of the trench and tell them their little scams and turf ownerships are over, take it on from there.

You take the bullet to the back of the head.

Any particular foundation we should call afterwards or do you prefer we go full circle and let them sort out who's territory it is?

This is nothing but another severely neglected area/infrastructure by the successive governments over the years, just like the missing patrolling cars/motorcycles on the roads not actively taking care of the road viruses that plague this country(Strangely enough, one provides victims for the other. :o), or the long overdue rehaul of a mostly incompetent and corrupt police force.

Oh.. you mean that this is a bad country? Maybe it's corrupt even? I refuse to believe it!

Can we report it somewhere? Things must change!

Ok. You win. :D

• 9 months later...

I have seen two rescue crews duke it out over the mangled body

of a barely living thai motorcycle accident victmin.

The bigger guys won of course.

Not to go to a different hospital it was to the one government hospital.

Purely a turf border line dispute. You are safer getting hurt clearly in one area,

but on the border they decide for themselves.

I have also seen an injured farang say take me to hospital X which was closer,

and be told no, the ambulance is from hospital Y and the CAN'T / WON'T

take you to the other one... or you can wait for their ambulance...

IF YOU CALL THEM. Lower fees paid to non-hospital ambulance..

"Hey Mr. you call them, maybe they come, hah hah!"