Motorbike Rebuild

Tywais

My wife's motorbike is a bit old now and becoming unreliable. I told her a rebuild should be done which includes plug replacement, ring replacement, carburetor rebuild, head gasket replacement and ignition points and/or cables.

Anyone have an idea about the costs of doing this and the best place for it? The parts I don't expect to be that expensive, mostly labor intensive. And no, can't afford a new one at the moment. :o

I have a mechanic friend who is both skilled and honest, but his English is not great at all if you are interested he is right at the entrance to Wat Nataram (over near silver road) His name is A. If you have no idea where I am talking about I can make a map haha.

My wife (Thai) will be taking the bike in for rebuild. Suspect she will know where Wat Nataram so will inform her. Thanks for the info.

No problem, at all. He's a great guy he helped me build my bike. Infact it's in his shop now, it's a money green Honda Chaly, one too many wheel lifts led to a broken fork haha.

Just want to thank you for the information. My wife took it to him and he did a thorough rebuild over two days at a charge of only 3500 baht. Other places were quoting her 5 - 6k. Appears to have done a very good job. My wife says that it starts instantly now, idles smooth and she can go nearly 3-4 times further on the same amount of gas. Rings must have been really shot or carb!

:o