Compulsory Motor Insurance

Mamboking

Hey, guys!

I'm little bit confused about compulsory motor insurance. As I know that sticker should be on the car front window. But the broker that register my car said that it's not necessary now if you have alredy that new one sticker (with red frame) for 2551 year. Does anybody can confirm it?

Hey, guys!

I'm little bit confused about compulsory motor insurance. As I know that sticker should be on the car front window. But the broker that register my car said that it's not necessary now if you have alredy that new one sticker (with red frame) for 2551 year. Does anybody can confirm it?

That is correct. The compulsory motor insurance is still required but now no sticker is issued. The sticker with 2551 is the road tax sticker and as far as I know the compulsory insurance is in addition to that. I renewed my standard insurance and the compulsory is included in the insurance total and shows on my insurance papers which I keep in the car.

Hey, guys!

That is correct. The compulsory motor insurance is still required but now no sticker is issued. The sticker with 2551 is the road tax sticker and as far as I know the compulsory insurance is in addition to that. I renewed my standard insurance and the compulsory is included in the insurance total and shows on my insurance papers which I keep in the car.

Wow!!  That's certainly going to make it more difficult for the cops to haul someone over at a stop light for not having the insurance.  Now they'll either have to forego their baht 200 "fee" or pull everyone over to check to see if they even have the optional extra insurance.

Mac

So how many stickers should I have now ?

I have the 2551 red border with the metalic seal on it but that is it. I understand that something is included in that but shouldn't I have something from the insurance as well (new truck and 1st class insurance). Do we have to display that ? Whatever it is ?

So how many stickers should I have now ?

I have the 2551 red border with the metalic seal on it but that is it. I understand that something is included in that but shouldn't I have something from the insurance as well (new truck and 1st class insurance). Do we have to display that ? Whatever it is ?

Torrenova

Since earlier this year the authorities have stopped issuing the CTPL (compulsory) sticker. When you purchase your voluntary insurance you should also pay for the CTPL insurance and you receive a receipt to say you have paid for this. When you go to pay for your ‘road tax’ you take this receipt (not the voluntary one) to the office and they will issue you with a single sticker.