How Rich Thais View Poor

Tnil

Maybe my experience is different as a woman; but as in the west, here I have found the people on the higher levels that come from very good families to be extremely polite and not looking down on others. There are those somewhere in the middle that can be pretty condescending but often they are not as high up as you think.

I completely agree. When you're truly high up you don't feel the need to continuously put down others or separate yourself from them.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not a tremendously well-written piece by Kitty, but it does have its moments. I think we all have to agree with the toilet analogy!

I don't. I think people deserve respect, also when they're prostitutes. And like others have mentioned, a lot MORE respect in fact than her dad!

Well then they should close it down shouldn't they! Bulldoze Pattaya, Nana, Patpong and all the rest.

What makes you think this isn't already happening? It takes time of course, but quite a lot is being bulldozed to make way for 5 star hotels and shopping plazas. Think the Sukhumvit Soi 10 bars in Bangkok (bulldozed overnight), Asoke intersection (for good reason, obviously, not disputing that), the Soi 9 area between Patters Beach road and second road... It IS happening, one area at the time.

Not saying this is bad. Or good.

Edited by Sanpatong

Many of these hi-so Thais you see in Paragon and The Emporium would be middle class or lower in the West. When they travel to Hong Kong or Singapore, they stay in 3 star hotels and they realize the kind of money that there is first world countries. They are well aware of this, and that is why I always see looks of insecurity and admiration in their eyes towards farang.

I have never heard a Thai male complain that farang date Thai women from poor backgrounds, maybe they joke about it, but that is the end of it. Yet many of these hi-so Thai girls are jealous of these girls who do absolutely nothing but hook up with a farang and now they have access to more money than these hi-so girls do! I get the feeling that some of these girls wish that they were doing the same thing these BGs are doing but they care too much about what other people will think about them.

Three ugly girls are eating lunch and a pretty girl walks by in a short skirt with a good looking guy. What happens? They call her a slut. Because her skirt is short? Nah, its because she is prettier than them and many women are by nature jealous and vindictive. Especially Thai women!

Lets be straight up, socially Thailand is about 100 years behind the modern world. Every single day living here I have to hear the word hi-so. Jesus Christ. Hi-So this, Hi-So that. Like I mentioned previously, put all of these hi-so Thais on a plane to Hong Kong and most of them are no longer hi-so. Those who would still be upper class in Hong Kong are certainly not going to give two shits about a BG grubbing money off a rich old farang.

fwiw, ive read this girls blog before and i don't think she is all that bad.

You are mistaking class for money. Hiso Girls in Thailand would be hiso in europe or the states, purchasing power is an irrelevancy otherwise the converse would be true...bottom feeding gutter dwellers, the human jetsam and flotsam of States and Europe, wallowing in their filth and depravity and glorying in their brutishness and ignorance would come here and suddenly be elevated to the status of Princes by their purchasing power..............My God! you are right, I see your point now.

cmsally and canadiangirl said it best.

I believe the key word was "insecure". I also confirm that the truly educated and hi-so people treat everyone equally, and don't look down on women (or men) from poorer backgrounds, and this is from personal experience and kindness that I have experienced and seen.

You are mistaking class for money. Hiso Girls in Thailand would be hiso in europe or the states, purchasing power is an irrelevancy otherwise the converse would be true...bottom feeding gutter dwellers, the human jetsam and flotsam of States and Europe, wallowing in their filth and depravity and glorying in their brutishness and ignorance would come here and suddenly be elevated to the status of Princes by their purchasing power..............My God! you are right, I see your point now.

Good one, RB. :o

cmsally and canadiangirl said it best.

I believe the key word was "insecure". I also confirm that the truly educated and hi-so people treat everyone equally, and don't look down on women (or men) from poorer backgrounds, and this is from personal experience and kindness that I have experienced and seen.

Real hi-so people are great..well educated, smart, mindful, nice human being....because they are genuinely hi so, they have nothing to prove, so tend to lead rather normal lives and mostly treat people well.

It is the wannabe hi-so and the fringe hi-so who are the bane of the universe.

They need constant acknowledgment of their perceived wannabe status and materialisms and hence act in a nature that is laughable.

Nah Maddy, i'm sure you have heard of her before, can you not remember the last outrage her website caused on here? i'm sure you were involved somewhere along the lines. It had a shit load of pages and Miss Kitty came on here and made some comments, will see if i can find the thread.

That's a pretty good memory of a thread that occurred 4 months prior to your joining thiavisa... or at least, your "current" membership join date. :o

"A Thai woman speaking her mind? A rich Thai woman? But ... but ... I came to Thailand to buy women, not be looked down on by women richer than me!"

:D

You were doing well up till there. :o

Isn't your icon from some article about "cute" fashions among teenage Thais?

If your refering to my avatar, no it's not. It's a picture of my now deceased wife on her 21st birthday.

Nah Maddy, i'm sure you have heard of her before, can you not remember the last outrage her website caused on here? i'm sure you were involved somewhere along the lines. It had a shit load of pages and Miss Kitty came on here and made some comments, will see if i can find the thread.

That's a pretty good memory of a thread that occurred 4 months prior to your joining thiavisa... or at least, your "current" membership join date. :o

Do you subscribe to every website you read? This website is accessible without becoming a member.

Do you subscribe to every website you read? This website is accessible without becoming a member.

It's ok... your secret is good with me.

mums the word...

post-9005-1190229426.gif

It is not just the elite and snobish that are critical of people engaged in prostitution. Even within the poorest sectors of society, prostitution is deemed to be wrong/immoral. Even the most hard core within the industry have a "cover story" for their families and friends back in the village. We have all heard numerous variations. Some examples "I work as a waitress in Pattaya", "I work as a maid in a hotel in Phuket", "I am a student in Koh Samui", "I sell noodles in Bangkok" etc. Given these waitresses, maids and students are sending the family amounts of money far beyond any believable salary range of their chosen cover job profession, the degree to which these cover stories are believed is questionable but they allow the family a save face position.

The shrewder, clever secret BGs usually keep some cash back for themselves so it appears they are in 'normal jobs.'

The feminazi rant probably also stemmed from jealousy that a prostitute from a poor background was having money thrown at her while the blogger could only look on.

I do agree that you shouldn't bring out your dirty laundry in public for all to see. But the farang was/is probably a sex tourist who doesn't know any better.

All something over nothing really.

"A Thai woman speaking her mind? A rich Thai woman? But ... but ... I came to Thailand to buy women, not be looked down on by women richer than me!"

:o

Why do you assume that every Western man that comes to Thailand does so to buy women? Or is it that just those that disagree with Miss Kitty? Seems like you have some prejudices and preconceived notions you need to deal with.

I suspect that there are far more 'working girls', than spoilt rich brats, in Thailand.

So, but for an accident of birth, Miss Blogger would have more-than-likely been on the receiving end of her rant.

I wonder if she ever stops to think about that ?

Read the piece!! Did you notice she penned an article about "Cocaine" and the "secret" everyone "knows" about in Bangkok. I gotta say this little lass must have been as high as a kite when she wrote this article. How else would you publish such drivel!! The language the little tart used is rarely heard in our shearing shed, and if anyone knows what Ozzy shearers can talk like, maybe that's were mommy and daddy need to send this little Ho for a Christmas break this year. She can test out her new painted finger nails pressing wool bales, but seeing the judgement this honey has she is more likely to end up inside on the of a wool bale(pressed about 3 inches flat)!!!!

Edited by jayjayjayjay

Why do you assume that every Western man that comes to Thailand does so to buy women? Or is it that just those that disagree with Miss Kitty? Seems like you have some prejudices and preconceived notions you need to deal with.

Oh, thank you so much for your kind advice. I'll be sure to follow it.

I think it's people who seem threatened by a Thai women expressing any opinion except "hello handsum man" who have some prejudices and preconceived notions to deal with.

Is this you? I have no idea. If the hat doesn't fit -- don't put it on.

BTW, when someone else than farang men and their girlfriends, rented or not, are the subjects of "preconceived notions" and "prejudices" are you as quick to defend them? When posters call the journalist a "spoiled bitch", a "feminazi" -- always a classic, although I don't really know how it apparently applies to a woman saying bad things about another woman -- sometimes without having bothered to read her blog, or her argument in its entirety, are you as outraged by "pre-conceived notions" and "prejudices"?

A number of Thai women that I know (both very respectable and working girls) has been encountered when they enter the airport to go to another country. A very nice married lady with 2 kids I taught for a time had to go to a business meeting in Japan. Well, to make a long story short, she was briefly detained and accused of being a prostitute. The whole affair was devastating to her. She was neither rich nor pretentious nor arrogant. She was pretty much your average Thai wife (married to a Thai husband), who was in her late 30's.

The 'working-girl' didn't make it out of BKK. Immigration here asked her where she was going and she said she was going to Hong Kong to see her boyfriend. What's his name....well, she didn't know his last name.....what's his phone number.....well, she didn't know that either (but she had his email address). Where does he live...well, she didn't know that either, but he was meeting her at the airport. Not allowed to board the plane and madder than a wet hornet!!

Here she is, doing a good job of defending Thai uni girls after some idiot said 50 - 80 percent of them were prostitutes.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=837821

She does do a good job of defending them, and I understand why. The stereotype pisses of most of the Thai girls I know too, and it's a stereotype reinforced all too often on this forum. Would be interesting to see the trouble caused should a large number of Thai people join this forum to refute some of these opinions.

Always seems to be the case that when a Thai joins this forum posters start calling their nationality into question because they use good english. :o

Well the whole discussion is a collection of stereotypes. All hookers choose to be there, all rich people are snooty, all farangs are here for hookers etc etc.

The one thing that is undeniable is that this is a long standing huge industry in Thailand which a lot of people hate, a lot of people love, a lot of local and foreign people visit and an awful lot of people make millions out of even though it is technically illegal. And yet it will still be there in all it's glory long after we are gone, and the Thai populous will still shrug their shoulders and adopt a hear no evil see no evil attitude.

Here she is, doing a good job of defending Thai uni girls after some idiot said 50 - 80 percent of them were prostitutes.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=837821

She does do a good job of defending them, and I understand why. The stereotype pisses of most of the Thai girls I know too, and it's a stereotype reinforced all too often on this forum. Would be interesting to see the trouble caused should a large number of Thai people join this forum to refute some of these opinions.

Always seems to be the case that when a Thai joins this forum posters start calling their nationality into question because they use good english. :o

Well the whole discussion is a collection of stereotypes. All hookers choose to be there, all rich people are snooty, all farangs are here for hookers etc etc.

The one thing that is undeniable is that this is a long standing huge industry in Thailand which a lot of people hate, a lot of people love, a lot of local and foreign people visit and an awful lot of people make millions out of even though it is technically illegal. And yet it will still be there in all it's glory long after we are gone, and the Thai populous will still shrug their shoulders and adopt a hear no evil see no evil attitude.

and there are many farang who love that aspect of thailand until they start dating an office girl and then they turn to hating it.

She doesnt look down on men using prostitutes as long as they are treated as toilets, she only looks down on you taking them to The Emporium or marrying them, ie treating them like human beings and not the garbage farm girls that they are.

She doesnt look down on men using prostitutes as long as they are treated as toilets, she only looks down on you taking them to The Emporium or marrying them, ie treating them like human beings and not the garbage farm girls that they are.

Correct, that is what she is actually saying. I understand selling your body, just don't do anything to get yourself out of that predicament, and whatever you do, don't come into my world.

Well tough s**t dear, it is in your country in spades. If you don't like it stand up and do something more constructive than write a blog about it.

:D

spot on. calling the thai girl a toilet, pretty nasty.