Oz Application Packs

Apple just went to lodge her application today.....it appears that the forms she purchased earlier this year have been updated....they will only accept the updated forms.

Check with the forms from the website if you have purchased a Migrant pack from the VFS or Embassy.

Our original forms were design date 10/06 they will only accept forms design date 07/07.

Not a big problem as the application has been accepted pending the new 40SP from me being supplied at the interview.

Apple just went to lodge her application today.....it appears that the forms she purchased earlier this year have been updated....they will only accept the updated forms.

Check with the forms from the website if you have purchased a Migrant pack from the VFS or Embassy.

Our original forms were design date 10/06 they will only accept forms design date 07/07.

Not a big problem as the application has been accepted pending the new 40SP from me being supplied at the interview.

Yes many forms and also pricing has changed for Australian visa since July this year.

Just to add further....

They also wanted more photos of me even though I supplied the two required ones

And a copy of my passport even though I had supplied a copy of my Oz citizenship cert.

Good news is I can get it all done by tomorrow and send it off to her.

Edited by gburns57au

Good luck Graham.

I can always give some strategies if things go pear shape. :D But I don't believe that will happen for you. :o

We are just in the process of supplying information in converting the 2 year visa into perm residency back here in Oz. They have advised that this will now take about six months to process.

Good luck Graham.

I can always give some strategies if things go pear shape. :D But I don't believe that will happen for you. :o

We are just in the process of supplying information in converting the 2 year visa into perm residency back here in Oz. They have advised that this will now take about six months to process.

Thanks Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Graham,

Not sure if you posted the result elsewhere, but how did you go with your application?

they want a letter of consent from the sons father......she hasnt seen him for 6 years...she called him today and seems to think that he will come good on it....

hopefully that will be all thats required and the rest of the application goes well.

Ahh right...hopefully it all goes smoothly. It's basically up to the father now how long things take, so hope he is a good man and signs all that's necessary without creating a fuss and delays. Other than that it sounds like it's going well...keep us posted.

Ahh right...hopefully it all goes smoothly. It's basically up to the father now how long things take, so hope he is a good man and signs all that's necessary without creating a fuss and delays. Other than that it sounds like it's going well...keep us posted.

Just spoke to her on the phone....

They are both going to the visa office to do the letter of consent hopefully within the next few days...He has no problem with doing the letter.

I have a very persuasive wife.... :o

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just an update on this topic,40SP dated 07/07 is no longer accepted,you have to have 40SP dated 10/07 now :D the good wife to be has just rang me to do 40SP again and mail it to her. Let the fun begin :o what next?????????

She also has to read or have read to her the Lifestyle in Australia booklet before she fills out her form,

This was why I started this thread to warn people of this situation...I was advised by the Embassy that it is wise to check the online forms first before applying as the migration packs are the last thing to be updated.

"Lifestyle in Australia" thats a new one on me :D where do I get this mate? just for the record the previous 07/07 is word perfect to the current 10/07, Immigration in Melbourne could not give me a reasonable response to my question of "why I need to fill out the same form again" but to hand me to the "feedback" department and I will get a response in 2/3 weeks :o

"Lifestyle in Australia" thats a new one on me :D where do I get this mate? just for the record the previous 07/07 is word perfect to the current 10/07, Immigration in Melbourne could not give me a reasonable response to my question of "why I need to fill out the same form again" but to hand me to the "feedback" department and I will get a response in 2/3 weeks :o

Any DIAC office in Australia, there is a "Lifestyle in Australia" booklet available in the Thai language. Also available from the VFS office in Bangkok. You should get a firm reply preferably in writing as to why you cannot use this form dated 07/07. It is a simple question.

What about all the applicants who lodged their applications in Bangkok in October with forms obtained in August or September?

Any DIAC office in Australia, there is a "Lifestyle in Australia" booklet available in the Thai language. Also available from the VFS office in Bangkok. You should get a firm reply preferably in writing as to why you cannot use this form dated 07/07. It is a simple question.

What about all the applicants who lodged their applications in Bangkok in October with forms obtained in August or September?

Just received a call from Canberra,they are at a loss as to why the 07/07 was not accepted by VFS and DIAC have not issued instructions to them "not to accept 07/07 40SP" nice enough fella on the phone and he said he would contact VFS and get back to me. Could be VFS has acted on their own in this matter, I wonder how many others have had to redo the form.

Edited by figjam2

Luckily I have been watching the dates on all of these forms, Medicals included.

I have the latest of all the forms I need and even the medicals have a date of 10/07, Bangkok office told me we must use the latest editions at all times.

One further thing I was told today, that a 5 year old child does 'not' need a photo for the medical exam (just Birth Cert) and aslo child does 'not' need the Chest Xray?

Anyone contradict this?

Luckily I have been watching the dates on all of these forms, Medicals included.

I have the latest of all the forms I need and even the medicals have a date of 10/07, Bangkok office told me we must use the latest editions at all times.

One further thing I was told today, that a 5 year old child does 'not' need a photo for the medical exam (just Birth Cert) and aslo child does 'not' need the Chest Xray?

Anyone contradict this?

From the website:

Visa applicants aged 11 years of age or older must undergo a chest x-ray. Those under 11 may be required to have an x-ray if there are indications they have TB or have a history of contact with a person with TB.

Not sure about the photo...but that is probably right

They have to fill out new forms.....as I did and one other member here has been asked to do.

It appears that this is a Bangkok Embassy/VFS decision off its own bat....but that is irrespective...it only took about 10 mins to transfer the information on to the new form...and about a week for her to get it and lodge it. If that is what is required then just get it done...

You can download the new form from the website....the book as mentioned is available...the 07/07 form didnt have the Values question on it....and you can be sure that at the interview there will be questions relating to the book to prove that it has been read or at least understood.

Graham

They have to fill out new forms.....as I did and one other member here has been asked to do.

It appears that this is a Bangkok Embassy/VFS decision off its own bat....but that is irrespective...it only took about 10 mins to transfer the information on to the new form...and about a week for her to get it and lodge it. If that is what is required then just get it done...

You can download the new form from the website....the book as mentioned is available...the 07/07 form didnt have the Values question on it....and you can be sure that at the interview there will be questions relating to the book to prove that it has been read or at least understood.

Graham

One of the advantages of preparing all your documentation in Bangkok. They will have all the latest forms at VFS. However for some it is not practical to be in Bangkok so this will cause some delay. Remember not everyone has access to a computer and internet when overseas especially in Thailand. So ones sole source of information is the Embassy and VFS. If you have to submit an updated form it can be done at the VFS office.

EMS from Australia is 3 working days to Bangkok from a capital city in Australia. Very doubtful if one would be questioned on the book "Life in Australia" signing that you have read and understand what is in it is what is asked.

The applicant is not applying for citizenship.

Graham

One of the advantages of preparing all your documentation in Bangkok. They will have all the latest forms at VFS. However for some it is not practical to be in Bangkok so this will cause some delay. Remember not everyone has access to a computer and internet when overseas especially in Thailand. So ones sole source of information is the Embassy and VFS. If you have to submit an updated form it can be done at the VFS office.

EMS from Australia is 3 working days to Bangkok from a capital city in Australia. Very doubtful if one would be questioned on the book "Life in Australia" signing that you have read and understand what is in it is what is asked.

The applicant is not applying for citizenship.

David.....look at the website, the very first page of the 47SP application....the information page, and at the second last page.....question 96....

It is mandatory for a spouse visa applicant to read or be read to and understand the Life in Australia booklet...before filling out the application....the applicant is then required to acknowledge that they have done so....at question 96

We are waiting for the first interview since the change to find out if there are questions in relation to this...BUT...you can bet your bottom dollar that they are not going to ask you to read and acknowledge it without at least some questions on it.....How else will they ascertain that the applicant really has read it??

In relation to obtaining the form.....Figjam2 has stated that his wife asked him to fill out a new form and send it to her.....that means that Figjam2 is not in Thailand and as he is reading this right now, I can safely assume that he has access to a computer....

Edited by gburns57au

My wife and I recently lodged for her permanent visa. At the interview the lady mentioned that there had been a recent change and that my wife was required to read the "Life in Australia" booklet. She sent us away for 30 mins to look through it. So we went and found a seat, I explained a few things to my wife, we then went back and signed a form saying she understood it (and promised to go through the booklet in more detail at home).

My wife was then given her visa and we were on our merry way.

My wife and I recently lodged for her permanent visa. At the interview the lady mentioned that there had been a recent change and that my wife was required to read the "Life in Australia" booklet. She sent us away for 30 mins to look through it. So we went and found a seat, I explained a few things to my wife, we then went back and signed a form saying she understood it (and promised to go through the booklet in more detail at home).

My wife was then given her visa and we were on our merry way.

Because you rad it at the interview stage then she has ascertained that the booklet has been read...no need for further questions....However as they receive applications stating that the booklet has been read but it was not done at the embassy or at Immigration....they will need to ascertain that the booklet has been read...they are not just going to take the applicants word for it.

Edited by gburns57au