Money Transfer From Uk In Gbp To Kasikorn Bank

Hi TWGB, just to clarify, yes its the daily limit on a NW visa/debit card, in my case, 200quid or the Bht equiv, on other posts, posters have said that they can go in a Thai bank and ask for more, as yet, i havent tried this, and by ATM, it really is a 24 hour rule, ive withdrew at one ATM and gone to another, it will not work for 24 hours,

Hope this helps, Lickey,

I asked NW about this and they said no problem open more accounts, if you manage them on line it is as Lickey says ..the money is instantly available to the limit on each card.

Edited by Tafia

Hello I wish to transfer money to Kasikorn Bank from the UK and would like to call my branch tomorrow to get the correct details. I guess I need the Swift Code but is there anything else I will need to ensure a smooth transfer?

Many thanks

CF

You need to ensure that you bank send the money in pounds and doesn't convert to baht first. See the pinned thread on this subject.

Well the transfer has been done and it appears all has gone well.

The money appears to have been credited to my kbank account when lloyds stated it would on the fax confirmation of the transfer (which i requested directly from the lloyds international team). The the exchange rate used appears to be correct for the day, going from a couple of readings I got from kbanks website on the TT Buy rate for GBP.

I beleive that choosing a correspondent bank of the thai bank you want to send the money to, is advisable, even if a little more expensive for the transfer. Plus, you will be saving on the routing, intermediary bank fees.

Somebody earlier on mentions HSBC's rates and MoneyCorp has already been mentioned. Well I was talking to MoneyCorp this morning, and despite them having the onsore rate on their website, which is quite a good onshore rate, they can only get offshore rates. Further, they stated that HSBC's rates are one of the worst. This follows with some checking I have been doing on Malaysian Ringgit. The HSBC spread is colossal - and this is for an HSBC to HSBC transfer too ! I think you need to shop around to find a local bank that offers the best TT Buy rates and then get an account with them - particularly for THB at the mo (Onshore/Offshore issue) and MYR (Closed currency)

HTH

Just to confirm that I have been transferring to K Bank for years and always instruct the UK Bank to remit in sterling, all charges for my account in the UK.

If I transfer up to about 5,000 pounds, the the funds will be immediately credited to my account at the appropriate buying rate on the day the funds were received in Thailand.

If the transfer is over 5,000 pounds, I will be called by the foreign exchange department section of K Bank in Bangkok to discuss their rates with me. They will hold my funds in sterling overnight if I wish to see if the rates will improve. Also for very large transfers - say 20K or more, they will give me even more favourable rates, adding a few stang on their published rate.

I find their service pretty good, considering we're in Thailand.

Thanks for this - it is very useful to know - I take it you have developed a good relationship with contacts in your local branch or elsewhere in KBank ?

I beleive that KBanks published TT Buy rate for GBP is 30 satang below the 'interbank' (midpoint) rate. So there is some room on their margin.

May I ask how you enabled this arrangement to happen ? (If you dont wish to disclose publically, please PM me)

I think KBank are the best - they make things easier then some of my UK banks...

Just to confirm that I have been transferring to K Bank for years and always instruct the UK Bank to remit in sterling, all charges for my account in the UK.

If I transfer up to about 5,000 pounds, the the funds will be immediately credited to my account at the appropriate buying rate on the day the funds were received in Thailand.

If the transfer is over 5,000 pounds, I will be called by the foreign exchange department section of K Bank in Bangkok to discuss their rates with me. They will hold my funds in sterling overnight if I wish to see if the rates will improve. Also for very large transfers - say 20K or more, they will give me even more favourable rates, adding a few stang on their published rate.

I find their service pretty good, considering we're in Thailand.

Hi Bob,

The first time I transferred a substantial sum from the UK was over 5 years ago, and I was living in Bangkok. The money didn't seem to arrive in my account, so went down to my branch on Soi 33 Sukhumvit, and they called the foreign exchange department, and I talked to them from the branch. I was told the money had arrived and if I agreed the rate they would credit my account. I gave them my phone number, and ever since then they call me whenever a large transfer is made.

Through the years I have transferred significant amounts here to build my house and living expenses.

I also have their phone numbers and have called them occasionally to check on the arrival of funds, but this is quite rare. Either way, they are very polite, friendly and helpful.

So the contact is at the Head Office foreign exchange department - not the local branch -which is now at Na Klua. However, even the local staff know me and are very accommodating. They love it if you speak politely to them in Thai :o