Mourihino Leaves Chelsea?

Prakanong

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats all they said - breaking news and they will try to find out more

Hubble, bubble, toil and trouble. :o

Unofficial, but seems genuine by all accounts.

I bet the Totts will be licking their lips at the prospect...

It will be a merry go round till they win the Champions League or Abronovich gets bored and moves on

I am betting bored first :D

BBC NEWS...Last Updated: Thursday, 20 September 2007, 00:52 GMT 01:52 UK

Quote:-

Manager Mourinho leaves Chelsea

Mourinho's position was the subject of continual scrutiny last season

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has sensationally left Stamford Bridge by mutual consent, the club has confirmed.

The news comes just 24 hours after the disappointing Champions League draw against Rosenborg.

BBC Radio 5live football correspondent Jonathan Legard understands Mourinho texted senior players, including skipper John Terry, with the news.

Mourinho joined Chelsea in the summer of 2004 and led them to the Premiership title in each of his first two seasons.

Report: BBC football correspondent Jonathan Legard

Archive: Mourinho's first season with Chelsea

Last season they finished runners-up to Manchester United but won both the FA Cup and Carling Cup, a trophy they had also collected in 2005.

His achievements also saw him voted as Premiership manager of the year in 2005 and 2006.

MOURINHO'S CHELSEA RECORD

2 June, 2004 - Appointed manager

27 February, 2005 - Wins Carling Cup 3-2 v Liverpool

30 April, 2005 - Beat Bolton 2-0 to win Premiership title

4 May, 2005 - Signs new five-year contract

29 April, 2006 - Beat Man Utd 3-0 to win Premiership again

27 February, 2007 - Beat Arsenal 2-1 to win Carling Cup

19 May, 2007 - Win FA Cup by beating Man Utd 1-0 at Wembley

19 September, 2007 - Leaves Stamford Bridge

However the Champions League trophy eluded the club and this season's campaign started with Tuesday's shock 1-1 result against the Norwegians in front of a crowd of just 24,973.

It was their third successive game without a win following a 2-0 defeat at Aston Villa and a goalless draw with Blackburn in the Premier League.

Those results have left Chelsea fifth in the table - two points behind leaders Arsenal and with a visit to Manchester United to come on Sunday.

He did have one unique record during his reign in never losing a home league game at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho signed a five-year contract in 2005 and quashed speculation in January that he would leave Stamford Bridge in the summer by saying he was happy to see out his deal if he received "real support" from the club.

Unquote

Ref url :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...sea/7003912.stm

All this started to boil over last season and while it,s obvious there is a clash of personalities, either the manager is allowed to manage the team / players based on his superior footballing knowledge, ( For which he is hired in the fisrt place )along with hands on experience gleaned from working with them on a daily basis, otherwise what,s the point of hiring him in the first place. ???

I cannot imagine the majority of Chelsea,s supporters will be happy with this one and i also think that this will come back to haunt the club, big time.

My mates of long time supporting, are well pissed off.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Ok, who doesn't?

Is Thaksin serious about Man City? Are Glazers serious about Man U? What about that new guy who wants to buy Arsenal?

I mean - will they stand by the club when shit hits the fan? I mean - do they think the club is bigger than their personalities?

It is inevitable when owners and managers have aboslutely different aspirations. Who out of recent foreign owners is really commited to building a successfull football club?

At the very least, anyone who wants some return on their investment ? Even if for the majority that's where their interest in football ends.

And who's going to take the job now, when they have a crisis meeting the first time they get a few mediocre results?

I've never liked the guy (along with the majority of the non-Chelski supporters) but who's going to follow in his footsteps and do a better job than he's done?

Abramovic has now shown his true colours, which I think we all new about all along. Does he not know that football is a game of ups and downs. When you get to the top the only way is down!!!!!

It was bvious fr some time now, that relatins were somewhat strained. Three big egos in one club, i.e. Mourinhio, Kenyon and Abramvich will just not fit. The problems in the transfer window when he couldn't buy anyone, and Abramovichs alleged inteference regarding the signing of players was only ever going to result in this. Mourinhio, love him or hate him (myself the later) has won everything. Premier League, FA Cup, UEFA Cup, Champions League, Portugesse League, he is an astute tactititian and good mtivator, he certainly is not going to take inteference from people who have far less experience or knowledge of the game. Chelsea's record speaks for itself under Mourinhio, and even though they haven't won the Champions League, they are certainly one of the top teams in Europe at present. The further introduction of Avran Grant as Director of Football in the summer, was also a curious move, but suggested that Abramovich was trying to insert his own influence on to the playing side. Think you can guarantee that Schevchenko will be a starter at the weekend.

What will be interesting is who will replace him, and where will he go?

Hiddink and Dechamps seem to be the early front runners, but I suppose you shouldn't rule out Ramos or maybe even Capello wh is not working at present.

For me, a more intriguing one, Scolari to quit Portugal for Chelsea and Morinhio to Portugal in a straight swap. As we all know, it's all speculation at present, but it's good fun.

Or could Jose be on his way to his old club Barcelona? as things there are certainly not good. There would be some irony in that, if it happened considering the recent shennanignas between the two clubs and mangers in the Champions league. Maybe, even Rijkard to Chelsea.

Personally, although I am not a fan of Jose, more because of his arrogant attitude than anything, but I believe that the Premiership and Chelsea will be poorer for it without him.

I understand the bad relationship with Abramovich is probably what pushed Mourinho out, but does anyone else notice the increasing firing of coaches if they don't win the league, cup AND european competition in one year? Real Madrid's coach, Fabio Capello, won the league with them in 1996 and was then fired. He was hired again in 2006, won the league again and was fired again. It looks like if you want to keep your job with Real Madrid, you shouldn't win the league.

As for Mourinho and Chelsea, I think Chelsea will come to regret this decision, especially in the upcoming game against Manchester United. A team cannot always win everything and winning 6 titles in 3 years for a team that wasn't one of the big ones before the arrival of Mourinho is great.

Grant set to take over at Chelsea

Chelsea are set to name Avram Grant as their new manager replacing former boss Jose Mourinho, BBC Sport understands.

The Israeli, who was the director of football, will now take charge with Steve Clarke as his assistant.

More to follow.

Source BBC.

Just noticed this. As a United fan couldn't be happier about this. Looks like a strange appointment, but probbaly suites Abramovich as he probably wants a puppet manager.

Wasnt Klinsman approached in the summer about the position and offered silly money, maybe theyll try for him again.

Anyone know what the deal is with Mourihinos contract, can he sign for another club or does he have to see out his contract up in the stands and continue to pocket his wages. Hes always said hes keen to manage another premiership club, could be interesting.

The Chelsea owner wants attractive attacking football from his new manager. His son likes Arsenal.

Its a good job that Arsene Wenger signed a new contract and is unlikly to break it!

Perhaps his answer is to buy the Gunners...another Russian is trying to.

Mourinho to be the next manager at Spurs ?

I can see that happening you know, how good would that be. What better way than to stick 2 fingers up at Abramovic.

If Spurs can afford to splash out 16 Million on Darren Bent, I bet they could entice Jose Mourhino, not that he needs the Money.

I think Spurs have some great Players, and Mourinho may just be what they need to get the best out of them, plus having Mourinho would get The Spurs in the Headlines and appear a much more attractive team for Sponsers etc. Mourinho will always attract attention for whatever club he goes to, especially in EPL.

Not many Football Club Managers manage to steal more headlines than the players, Mourinho is one that does.

I hope they get him, I'm not a Spurs fan by the way, I'm Charlton, and we have Alan Pardew, we don't need and could not afford Mourinho!!

Edited by Maigo6

Mourinho will be laughing all the way to the bank. He will be getting millions for the termination of his contract and be a manager of another big club in a matter of days. Who knows, he may also replace McClaren as England's manager.

The management at Chelsea do not know what they are doing and will definitely regret thier decision.