Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Mourihino Leaves Chelsea?

Prakanong

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Sun article http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007430937,00.html

He will still figure big in football. He’s too energetic and talented not to.

He’ll probably surprise us all and end up at QPR lured in by Bernie Ecclestone’s millions.

You can almost see it happening — QPR beating Chelsea in a West London derby. :o

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After watching Chelsea TV last night, taped before he quit/sacked I think he is better off out of there......moan, moan,moan,moan.......funny how every caller is a life long Chelsea fan ' was at the Bridge in 1955 etc etc etc bla bla bla ".......not sure where they all were in the 80's when they were s**t..........

Keep an eye on the situation on the international situation at Portugal

This must be J.M,s ultimate goal and it looks very achievable from my perspective at the present time ???

If not now he will for surely be looking in that direction sometime soon, and i feel it will be mutual for the Portuguese football association and not least of all, the supporters / and it,s citizens.

As for the statement that was released by Chelsea.

It,s a diplomatic load of <deleted> and doesn,t even begin to explain the real reason behind the fall out.

What an insult to their supporters for them to be fobbed off like this first and foremost.

Then there are all the other x millions of football followers who are also well aware of the reality of the scenario of the 2006/7 season and the start of this one.

As an example of how to treat your manager look no further than Man.Utd.

In spite of several ups and downs ( by Man. Utd,s high standards that is ) the club have backed A.F. to the hilt and never comtemplated sacking him, or even thought about coming up with a lame load of cobblers to kick him out of the door.

Mutual agreement my armhole Chelsea, Sacked is the word you meant to use to facilitate the whims of your owner, who as we all know doesn,t give a shit about his proven ability, nor does he know much about the running of a team and it,s players like the ex manager, J.M. who still remains a special one, in spite of what has happened.

Make no mistake both managers have a similar passion for their teams / players / football and while one has been allowed to use his proven ability to go forward without interference from the owners, the other one hasn,t.

IMHO as always

marshbags :o

Marshbags, I concur with what you have said. There is no way that he voluntarily walked out of the club by mutual consent. His position had clearly become untenable due to boardroom inteference from Roman, Kenyon and of course the new manager Grant. No self respecting manager will put up with that shit, and certainly not one like Mourinhio who has an excellent track record, and absolutley nothing to prove. When a club has a central figure such as Abramovich, human nature always suggests that at some point the ego will come into play, and I seriously think that this has become a big problem at Chelsea. In essence it all started with the signings of Ballack and Schevcheno, players that clearly were not Jose picks, but were thrust upon him by Kenyon and Abramovich. The writing was on the wall last January, when suddenly the money dried up.

As regards the Portugal post you may have seen from a previous post on this thread from me, that I suggested that may well be an option, but I'm also interested to see what pans out at Barcelona over the next week, as I can certainly seeing him ending up there as well. Personally, this Grant appointment is nothing more that Abramovich installing a puppet, and although he may have a good track record in Israel, it is hardly comparable to the Premier league. Anyone remeber Jozef Venglos at Villa?

Interesting now to see how the countless fairweather Chelsea fans respond to this, although I have little sympathy for that lot, the ones who have been supporting the club through the bad times deserve to be treated with a little bit more respect and be told the real reasons, afterall, it is them that pay the ridiculous prices at the Bridge every week.

Maybe if there really lucky they can drop as far down as Leeds.

Do think they would get 28,000 to there games as Leeds do :o

No, they only got 24,000 on Tuesday night for Champions League football. Thats the problem when the fan base is pretty small, and then mainly made up of glory hunters. Leeds are getting those crowds in the 2nd division.

The same can't be said for Clubs like Man Utd, Man City, Newcastle, Leeds, Liverpool, Arsenal , who even if they are or were struggling would still maintain sizeable support.

This must be J.M,s ultimate goal and it looks very achievable from my perspective at the present time ???

If not now he will for surely be looking in that direction sometime soon, and i feel it will be mutual for the Portuguese football association and not least of all, the supporters / and it,s citizens.

As for the statement that was released by Chelsea.

It,s a diplomatic load of <deleted> and doesn,t even begin to explain the real reason behind the fall out.

What an insult to their supporters for them to be fobbed off like this first and foremost.

Then there are all the other x millions of football followers who are also well aware of the reality of the scenario of the 2006/7 season and the start of this one.

As an example of how to treat your manager look no further than Man.Utd.

In spite of several ups and downs ( by Man. Utd,s high standards that is ) the club have backed A.F. to the hilt and never comtemplated sacking him, or even thought about coming up with a lame load of cobblers to kick him out of the door.

Mutual agreement my armhole Chelsea, Sacked is the word you meant to use to facilitate the whims of your owner, who as we all know doesn,t give a shit about his proven ability, nor does he know much about the running of a team and it,s players like the ex manager, J.M. who still remains a special one, in spite of what has happened.

Make no mistake both managers have a similar passion for their teams / players / football and while one has been allowed to use his proven ability to go forward without interference from the owners, the other one hasn,t.

IMHO as always

marshbags :o

Marshbags, I concur with what you have said. There is no way that he voluntarily walked out of the club by mutual consent. His position had clearly become untenable due to boardroom inteference from Roman, Kenyon and of course the new manager Grant. No self respecting manager will put up with that shit, and certainly not one like Mourinhio who has an excellent track record, and absolutley nothing to prove. When a club has a central figure such as Abramovich, human nature always suggests that at some point the ego will come into play, and I seriously think that this has become a big problem at Chelsea. In essence it all started with the signings of Ballack and Schevcheno, players that clearly were not Jose picks, but were thrust upon him by Kenyon and Abramovich. The writing was on the wall last January, when suddenly the money dried up.

As regards the Portugal post you may have seen from a previous post on this thread from me, that I suggested that may well be an option, but I'm also interested to see what pans out at Barcelona over the next week, as I can certainly seeing him ending up there as well. Personally, this Grant appointment is nothing more that Abramovich installing a puppet, and although he may have a good track record in Israel, it is hardly comparable to the Premier league. Anyone remeber Jozef Venglos at Villa?

Interesting now to see how the countless fairweather Chelsea fans respond to this, although I have little sympathy for that lot, the ones who have been supporting the club through the bad times deserve to be treated with a little bit more respect and be told the real reasons, afterall, it is them that pay the ridiculous prices at the Bridge every week.

Jozef Menglos.....that's a blast from the past..not one of deadly Doug's better appointments...abit like Christian Gross at Spurs :D & his famous tube ticketto success :D

To be fair, the possibility of Mourinho as the next Potugal manager has been touted more or less since news of his departure from Chelsea was first announced. I think that'll be reflected in the shortest betting odds that you'll find concerning his managerial future.*

*Coral have suspended betting on where Jose Mourinho's next job will be, after him taking the role as Portugese national coach was backed from 14/1 into 1/2.

I,ve always thought this would be his ultimate goal from way back and with his proven credentials who could better him as a replacement for the internationl side.

It was just my own personal thoughts while composing my post and thinking of the past as well as the present.

Mr. Toad for one posted such an observation ( Post No.16 ) on this thread also before i did and i,m sure others were thinking the same :o

Interesting to note the expected rumours that are flowing out regarding an exodus of players from Chelsea isn,t it.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

BBC Sport..Last Updated: Friday, 21 September 2007, 10:11 GMT 11:11 UK

Ref url:-http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7006330.stm

Quote:-

Ferguson pays tribute to Mourinho

Ferguson and Mourinho enjoyed a competitive but friendly relationship

Man Utd manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said that Jose Mourinho's departure from Chelsea is a "disappointment" for the game of football.

United host Chelsea this Sunday at Old Trafford and Ferguson said he would miss the "personal challenge" he used to enjoy between himself and Mourinho.

"He was terrific for football and terrific for Chelsea," said Ferguson.

"He brought something fresh and new to our game and I enjoyed the competition with him - I wish him well."

Ferguson and Mourinho first went head-to-head when the Portuguese masterminded Porto's surprise victory over Man Utd in 2004's Champions League.

Since then the pair have enjoyed a very competitive relationship but one that had an underlying level of respect.

"He [Mourinho] enjoyed unparalleled success there, without question," said Ferguson.

"It is a big test for whoever replaces him - and at the moment that is Avram Grant."

And Ferguson added that it was important that his players did not allow the story to distract them from the Premier League clash with Chelsea this weekend.

"We have to be focussed on ourselves and Sunday's game," said Ferguson.

"We are still playing Chelsea. It is still the same players and that in itself is a challenge for us.

"If you look at the record between us over the last three or four years, there is nothing in it."

Unquote.

For my money the game would / will be poorer without these two managers being a part of it all.

O.K. there are others who you could name, but for personality and entertainment none of them come any were near

them from my take on todays managers.

IMHO of course

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Man Utd manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said that Jose Mourinho's departure from Chelsea is a "disappointment" for the game of football.

United host Chelsea this Sunday at Old Trafford and Ferguson said he would miss the "personal challenge" he used to enjoy between himself and Mourinho.

"He brought something fresh and new to our game and I enjoyed the competition with him - I wish him well."

Ferguson and Mourinho first went head-to-head when the Portuguese masterminded Porto's surprise victory over Man Utd in 2004's Champions League.

Since then the pair have enjoyed a very competitive relationship but one that had an underlying level of respect.

"He [Mourinho] enjoyed unparalleled success there, without question," said Ferguson.

"It is a big test for whoever replaces him - and at the moment that is Avram Grant."

And Ferguson added that it was important that his players did not allow the story to distract them from the Premier League clash with Chelsea this weekend.

"We are still playing Chelsea. It is still the same players and that in itself is a challenge for us.

"If you look at the record between us over the last three or four years, there is nothing in it."

Unquote.

For my money the game would / will be poorer without these two managers being a part of it all.

O.K. there are others who you could name, but for personality and entertainment none of them come any were near

IMHO of course

marshbags

im a life long fan of chelsea and im glad he's gone ,as to who gets the job ,just have to wait ..

No, they only got 24,000 on Tuesday night for Champions League football. Thats the problem when the fan base is pretty small, and then mainly made up of glory hunters. Leeds are getting those crowds in the 2nd division.

But this isn't the case - or at least it didn't used to be. Chelsea used to be one of the best and most noted fanatically supported clubs in the county and their away support in the relegation year of 1975 was exceptional. I don't know exactly the capacity of the old Stamford Bridge (?) but my recollections of going over there in the 70's - although a derby match admittedly - must have been nearing 50,000, or even over. But all the other matches that I used to see footage of, the ground was likewise packed to the rafters.

So where have these supporters gone ? I can only refer to one steward that I spoke to over there a cuople of years back, who said that he had to take the job as that's the only way that he could watch the team nowadays. He'd otherwise been priced out as have thousands of others.

Plastic supporters apart. I think it wrong to say that Chelsea have a small (real) fan base. Things just don't change quite as radically as that. S/T and match day prices do.

Nice point well put HH.

Above the London border and for a few years now we've enjoyed relatively low prices compared to London's so-called elite and, yes, I do remember when prices were very low.

I do also appreciate that supporting arguably one of the biggest clubs going and, considering the style of football played and the trophy return over the last decade or so, as long as you don't mind watching on the telly sometimes, United fans do ok pound for pound as long as you can stick to home games. Tier pricing at away games is another bone of contention.

How long this will last I don't know and, taking into consideration that when I was a nipper the football was a £1 day out, is now, including travel, a £50 to £100 day out....! £30 for the ticket, £20 for travel would do you with nowt else, but a lad needs some spends....! :o

This year I believe has seen the biggest increase in United ST prices, one in particular that I use up from around £540 to £600.

redrus

I've just finished watching sports centre and they had a load of current managers ( Ferguson , Wenger , Coppel , Eriksson and a few more ) giving their views on Mourinho and not one of them had a bad word to say about him and the most common thing being said was that the premiership will not be the same without him.

You must be an alright man when your fellow profesionals and competitors have only good things to say about you. It must be noted though that Rafa has yet to comment :D .

It's a huge move from Abramovic and I'm sure he must have something up his sleeve that will keep the chelski faithful ( all 52 of them :D ) coming back to Stamford Bridge and forget quickly about Mourinho.

You don't become a billionare by making decisions that come back to haunt you :o .

Unquote.

IMHO of course

marshbags

im a life long fan of chelsea and im glad he's gone ,as to who gets the job ,just have to wait ..

Your view respected, L.B.

At the end of the day in my humble opinion you still have the main bone of contention and potential unrest in the role of your owner.

Unless he leaves the football side of things, along with selection to the coach / manager with hands on experience with the daily running of the team, you will have many more times of discontent and unrest within the club.

Moral will go down and down on a continuous basis.

Just look at the positives your club has gained player and trophy wise ect.

Yes the money is important, but unless you have someone with the experience and foresight to purchase the players considered useful and an asset to the existing squad, it counts for zero in improving the potential of the team.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

That Mourinho interview.

1. He will not manage another club in England next. But will definately want to do so again in the future.

2. He definately will not take a job in Portuguese football, so ruled out the Portugal managers job.

The rest a lot of personal feelings and stuff. Maybe partially significant - or not - that he wants to learn another language: German or Italian.

End of really.

BBC Sport....Last Updated: Friday, 21 September 2007, 19:19 GMT 20:19 UK

Ref url:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...sea/7006047.stm

Mourinho rules out job in England

Mourinho wants to return to coaching as soon as he can

Jose Mourinho wants to manage again in England - but his next coaching job will be in another European country.

The Portuguese left Chelsea by "mutual consent" on Thursday and he was quickly linked with a move to Tottenham.

Mourinho said: "I will come back and manage here, but I don't want it as my next step - it must be another country, another experience, another football."

"I'm 44 and I hope I will have many years in English football. I love English football," added Mourinho.

Interview: Jose Mourinho addresses the British media

The former Chelsea manager said he was not interested in coaching the Portuguese national team.

"I don't want the Portuguese national team," said Mourinho.

"I want to make that very, very clear. I want Portugal to succeed, I want them to work calmly and I don't want Scolari to have to look behind him thinking I'm waiting."

I don't want players to threaten to leave because I have

Jose Mourinho

"Not just the Portuguese national team, I don't want to work in Portuguese football."

Mourinho, who speaks Spanish and French, wants to learn another language as he waits to decide on the next club he will manage.

"I have to choose between Italian and German," he said.

Mourinho insisted that the atmosphere at his next club would be important factor for him.

"I just hope I'm surrounded by love so I can express my personality," said the Portuguese coach.

It is unclear whether Mourinho's decision not to initially manage another English team was influenced or determined by his separation package from Chelsea.

At the unveiling of former director of football Avram Grant as Chelsea's new manager, club chairman Buck would not confirm whether there was a clause in Mourinho's severance package preventing him from coaching another Premier League club this season.

"The specific terms of the contract are confidential," said Buck. "There is nothing (in it) which I, as a corporate lawyer, would view as particularly unusual in the context of an executive of a company moving on."

However, Mourinho did say he would like to return to England in the future, admitting: "I think sometime I will return to coach in England."

The Portuguese also urged his former players and fans to get behind the new regime at Stamford Bridge.

Scores of supporters protested outside the ground following his departure, while reports suggest several players are considering their futures at the Blues.

But he said: "I don't want players to threaten to leave because I have. I don't want the fans to chant my name. I don't want demonstrations of any sort."

He added that he was "happy" about his departure, saying: "In professional terms and in personal terms I'm fine.

"I'm happy to have left and I'm happy with what I achieved at Chelsea not only with the results but with the mark I made."

Unquote.

I reckon he is possibly guided by something written in his leaving the club / settlement contract that influences his moving abroad ???

I still think the National job in Portugal could happen later, fair play to him for his comments on yet another greast coach,

" Luiz Felipe Scolari " who is at present manager of the team.

Good luck J.M. and may you return to our shores again in yet another football capacity sometime later.

In my personal opinion of course.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

BBC Sport.........Last Updated: Friday, 21 September 2007, 11:56 GMT 12:56 UK

Ref url:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7006489.stm

Holloway column

Listen to Ollie sound off!

The Plymouth manager gives his inimitable views on football and life in general in his weekly column.

This week he talks about Jose Mourinho's shock departure from Chelsea and why he thinks Abramovich got it wrong.

Ollie also gives his verdict on Plymouth's win at his old stomping ground, QPR, and the Women's World Cup.

MOURINHO LEAVING CHELSEA

I was shocked and I'm going to sorely miss Jose. What are the rest of us going to do if that's not good enough? I'd settle for back-to-back titles and a few cups.

It's all gone mad hasn't it? Abramovich got rid of the Tinkerman when Chelsea were second in the table, which at the time I thought was a bit harsh. Then he brings in Mourinho, the bloke turns it around and wins the title in his first season.

Never mind how much money he had to spend - the spirit that they had was absolutely outstanding. He was unbelievably good tactically and Chelsea should have had it made for years.

Then all of a sudden the owner wants to start buying players he likes - don't tell me Shevchenko wasn't one of his signings. The trouble is the bloke can't run - and you can't play in the Premier League if you can't run, even if you were the best goalscorer in the world.

Football's not so special any more

I'm sorry, if you think you're good at what you do and you're undermining your manager, you're not - you're rubbish.

The manager has to have the power and if you can't see that Mourinho is one of the best - if not the best - managers in the world then maybe you shouldn't be in football.

I'm devastated. Mourinho added so much to our game - some edge, some trickliness.* I was learning from him from afar and I thought every interview he gave was spot on.

I spoke to Brendan Rogers, who manages Chelsea reserves. He was amazed at the news. He said Mourinho made you feel 25ft tall. His players won't like it, that's for sure. Let's see what they do.

The scary thing is if you've got people buying clubs and they're trying to run the business the way they run their other businesses, then football's going to be in trouble because they don't know anything about it.

I watched the game the other day and Abramovich didn't look that bothered when Rosenborg scored, he was too busy trying to pull that new bird of his by the looks of it.

You concentrate on that and let the manager do the job. A football club's not a toy, it belongs to the fans. :o

Unquote.

** Edited article as other comments relate Ollie,s team and other items of interest.

Go to the url if you wish to read about his observations on the " womans world cup " ect.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

I tried to do an edit and add a P.S. which was....................................

I saw comments on BBC World this morning saying J.M. was sacked because of a bad start to the season ??????

Weren,t Man Utd in a similar sitiuation last season ( I Think it was last season ).

The club never ever contemplated sacking A.F. and stood by him, they then went on to win the league.

Again if i may be allowed to make a comparison.

When A.F. took over the club his start wasn,t exactly successful but the club / owners stood by him and had the bottle to do so without interference.

Just maybe they didn,t have personality clashes or owner interference as in J.M,s case and that for my money is what the Chelsea issue is all about.

LEAVE THE FOOTBALL TO THE MANAGER / COACHES ALL YOU INVESTORS AND REAP THE REWARDS ACCORDINGLY.

In my personal view again of course.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

A message from Jose Mourinho

By Jim White

Last Updated: 1:18am BST 22/09/2007

As soon as the news breaks that the beautiful and rich – very rich actually – relationship between Jose Mourinho and Chelsea Football Club is over, I get SMS from John Terry. It reads: "Have you heard Jose Mourinho has launched a new fragrance today? It's called U Go Boss."

I have no idea what does this mean. Is this funny? Am I laughing? Is my wife laughing? Is my wife's dog laughing? Maybe it is. We send wife's dog back to Portugal and from here I cannot tell if it is laughing or not. Maybe everyone is laughing except me. I am serious. So I call John Terry to ask John Terry why John Terry send me this SMS.

"John Terry," I say. "We were not just partners here in this football club. We were friends. I loved you, John Terry. So what does this SMS mean?" He says he is sorry, Boss, it was a text he get from Jamie Carragher the second the news broke and he meant to send it on to Joe Cole but he send it to me by mistake as Jose is next to Joe in his phone and is easy mistake to make, Boss, anyone might have made this mistake.

"Do not worry about this, John Terry," I say. "Mistake is putting your money in Northern Rock. Mistake is choosing wrong name for Blue Peter cat. Mistake is forgetting to count your fingers after you have shaken hands with Peter Kenyon. That is mistake. Sending me wrong text is not mistake, it is something that happens in football. Is football, not life."

"Thanks Boss," says John Terry. "But there is just one thing." Then he tells me that if he sent me that text, then he must have sent Joe Cole the text he meant to send to me. This is the text asking if I had time before I walk out to sign off new contracts for John Terry and Frank Lampard. Ah. So this explains why second SMS I get is from Joe Cole asking me how come John Terry and Frank Lampard is getting new contracts and Joe Cole isn't. For me, this is what Chelsea FC under Jose Mourinho is all about. One for all and all for one: if one get new contract all want new contract. Except Andrei Shevchencko, obviously, who has his own arrangements.

I drive to Stamford Bridge to meet the Russian. On the way I get telephone call from someone called Marco Pierre White. I tell him, what are you? Italian? French? English? Make up your mind. "No, you misunderstand," he say. "I'm no nationality. I am chef."

I say, listen, I have enough problem with Shev. Why you ringing me pretending to be Shev? Besides, I know you not Shev. Shev does not have my number, he only ring his friend who ring me and tell me he must play.

"No, not Shev," he says. "Chef." He wonders if, now I am free, I have time to go on his television show. He says it will make me big star. It's called H3ll's Kitchen.

"Don't tell me about H3ll's Kitchen," I say. "I know what is like to work in H3ll's Kitchen. It is Chelsea boardroom. The thing about Jose Mourinho is if he doesn't like heat in kitchen he get out to spend time with kids and wife and wife's dog."

He says he's heard I have a way with eggs. If I come on his show, Jose's omelette could be as big as McGuigan's mash. I tell him it depend who buys the eggs. You know. If I buy eggs, I buy young fresh eggs, hungry to learn everything Jose Mourinho can teach an egg. But others, they buy past-their-sell-by-date German eggs with dodgy knees without asking me and expect me to make omelette with them. Marco Pierre White says that's fine, I can buy my own eggs. I like the sound of this man. This could be start of a beautiful and rich relationship.

Before that, though, I have to end previous beautiful and rich relationship. It is long meeting with the Russian and we discuss many things. Contract things. Like, who gets custody of the coat. And we argue over press release. I tell the Russian it should read: "A short chapter in the long and distinguished history of Jose Mourinho came to an end today when he parted company with Chelsea FC." He wants it other way round. This is proof he is not a football man. But in the end we compromise. I get coat, large cheque and job at Spurs. And he gets his friend in team. So at last he's happy.

www.telegraph.co.uk/jwhite

BBC Sport.........Last Updated: Friday, 21 September 2007, 11:56 GMT 12:56 UK

Ref url:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7006489.stm

Holloway column

Listen to Ollie sound off!

The Plymouth manager gives his inimitable views on football and life in general in his weekly column.

This week he talks about Jose Mourinho's shock departure from Chelsea and why he thinks Abramovich got it wrong.

Ollie also gives his verdict on Plymouth's win at his old stomping ground, QPR, and the Women's World Cup.

MOURINHO LEAVING CHELSEA

I was shocked and I'm going to sorely miss Jose. What are the rest of us going to do if that's not good enough? I'd settle for back-to-back titles and a few cups.

It's all gone mad hasn't it? Abramovich got rid of the Tinkerman when Chelsea were second in the table, which at the time I thought was a bit harsh. Then he brings in Mourinho, the bloke turns it around and wins the title in his first season.

Never mind how much money he had to spend - the spirit that they had was absolutely outstanding. He was unbelievably good tactically and Chelsea should have had it made for years.

Then all of a sudden the owner wants to start buying players he likes - don't tell me Shevchenko wasn't one of his signings. The trouble is the bloke can't run - and you can't play in the Premier League if you can't run, even if you were the best goalscorer in the world.

Football's not so special any more

I'm sorry, if you think you're good at what you do and you're undermining your manager, you're not - you're rubbish.

The manager has to have the power and if you can't see that Mourinho is one of the best - if not the best - managers in the world then maybe you shouldn't be in football.

I'm devastated. Mourinho added so much to our game - some edge, some trickliness.* I was learning from him from afar and I thought every interview he gave was spot on.

I spoke to Brendan Rogers, who manages Chelsea reserves. He was amazed at the news. He said Mourinho made you feel 25ft tall. His players won't like it, that's for sure. Let's see what they do.

The scary thing is if you've got people buying clubs and they're trying to run the business the way they run their other businesses, then football's going to be in trouble because they don't know anything about it.

I watched the game the other day and Abramovich didn't look that bothered when Rosenborg scored, he was too busy trying to pull that new bird of his by the looks of it.

You concentrate on that and let the manager do the job. A football club's not a toy, it belongs to the fans. :o

Unquote.

** Edited article as other comments relate Ollie,s team and other items of interest.

Go to the url if you wish to read about his observations on the " womans world cup " ect.

marshbags

Go to love Ollie and his opinions. He certainly isn't one for beating around the bush, or should we say bridge in this case?

You concentrate on that and let the manager do the job. A football club's not a toy, it belongs to the fans. :D

Has to be quote of the week for me, never truer words spoken.

The farce continues, and if the Premier lerague wants to take thmselves seriously about putting conditions on employment of managers with coaching badges where better to start? make an example of a club whose owner obviously believes that he can do anything he so pleases and not give Grant a dispensation. His record holds absolutley no relevance to the English game, and as the FA has been prominent in promoting the Pro Licence as a requirement for managers then they should follow the rules. In the case of O'Neill and Southgate the cases were a little different in that they had remained heavily involved in British football. One at Celtic managing and the other playing for Boro. He has not managed a club for over five years so he should not get the dispensation after the 12 weeks.

Doubts raised over Grant's future

Avram Grant's long-term future as manager at Chelsea could be in doubt because he lacks the required coaching licence, according to reports.

Uefa and Premier League rules require anyone wishing to manage in the top flight to hold the Uefa pro licence.

But Grant does not have one according to the Times and Guardian newspapers, and would need special dispensation to manage Chelsea for more than 12 weeks.

The pro licence requires 240 hours of study and usually takes a year to gain.

In the past the Premier League has granted extensions beyond the 12-week period of grace in a couple of exceptional cases.

Glenn Roeder received an extension on health grounds while Gareth Southgate was deemed to have had restricted opportunities to gain a licence because of his international career.

Martin O'Neill was also granted an exemption after undergoing a five-day refresher course.

Grant has not held a manager's position for five years but won league titles when coaching in Israel.

Source: BBC

Edited by mrtoad

The farce continues, and if the Premier lerague wants to take thmselves seriously about putting conditions on employment of managers with coaching badges where better to start? make an example of a club whose owner obviously believes that he can do anything he so pleases and not give Grant a dispensation. His record holds absolutley no relevance to the English game, and as the FA has been prominent in promoting the Pro Licence as a requirement for managers then they should follow the rules. In the case of O'Neill and Southgate the cases were a little different in that they had remained heavily involved in British football. One at Celtic managing and the other playing for Boro. He has not managed a club for over five years so he should not get the dispensation after the 12 weeks.

Avram Grant's long-term future as manager at Chelsea could be in doubt because he lacks the required coaching licence, according to reports.

Uefa and Premier League rules require anyone wishing to manage in the top flight to hold the Uefa pro licence.

But Grant does not have one according to the Times and Guardian newspapers, and would need special dispensation to manage Chelsea for more than 12 weeks.

In the past the Premier League has granted extensions beyond the 12-week period of grace in a couple of exceptional cases.

Glenn Roeder received an extension on health grounds while Gareth Southgate was deemed to have had restricted opportunities to gain a licence because of his international career.

Martin O'Neill was also granted an exemption after undergoing a five-day refresher course.

Grant has not held a manager's position for five years but won league titles when coaching in Israel.

isreals not the premier league now is it ..........

isreals not the premier league now is it ..........

Not about where and what - but the Isreali league is hardly comparable to the EPL, in fact a lot of the clubs are sem-pro.. It's about time they started upholdoing the rules that they bought in to supposidly improve the standard of coaching in Football. I see no benefit to the English game in having "unqualified "coaches being allowed to take positions with the big clubs, when there are clear rules written down about this.

Lazeboy, you being a Chelsea fan must be somewhat concerned about the past few days events. Do you think Grant will be a short term appointment? Or is there someone else coming in? Who would you want?