Anyone Recently Opened A Bank Account Without Wp?

If you recently opened a bankaccount in Bangkok without the need of a workpermit, can you please let me know what bank and the branch.

I have a friend who has failed in all the branches he has been to and I have talked to the office where I have been doing all my business transactions for the last 3 years if they could help, but they said "no workeprmit, no account"

Anyone?

Thanks

RR

If you recently opened a bankaccount in Bangkok without the need of a workpermit, can you please let me know what bank and the branch.

I have a friend who has failed in all the branches he has been to and I have talked to the office where I have been doing all my business transactions for the last 3 years if they could help, but they said "no workeprmit, no account"

Anyone?

Thanks

RR

Iwalked ito the siam commercial with my passport ( retirement visa ) came out with a current acount and an atm card,.

Any of the Kasikorn Branches in Charansanitwong road will be more than happy to open an account for you.

ps. Blizzard, younger girls do seem eager to please but are more likely to call the manager if unsure. Look for any male employees, they won't disturb the manager unless there is a major problem (Face thing).

Not sure where you are from but if you are British you could just do as I have done. I went to my bank in the UK (HSBC) and asked them to open a bank account for me in Bangkok. I arrive next month and wanted to save myself the hassle.

They sent me paperwork to sign and I needed to prove who I was but taht was it. I now have a savings account and an ATM card. Since I am paid in the UK for my work both in UK and Thailand and transfers of money are free I will only need this. However if not I have not checked but I am guessing that if I need a current account it won't be too difficult to do.

Siam Commercial Bank in Sisaket on 4 September last

Only needed my local driving license for a savings account pass book and ATM card on the spot together with internet banking

Edited by Krub

Kasikorn three weeks ago. Passbook account, Fixed term deposit and then they offered me

a credit card (unbidden) and waived the application fee. No WP. That was Pattaya though.

Perhaps your mate needs to modify his appearance, very important here !

Naka.

I went into Bangkok Bank in Hua Hin in April whilst on a 1 month visa, told htem my intention to return and retire here 4 months later. Savings account opened in 15 minutes with ATM card. Very pleasant and helpful, fully understood the need to open then due to 3 month regulation

Anyone?

Thanks

RR

In october of last year I went to Bangkok Bank to open an account but they told me I could´t because I was still on a tourist visa.Then I showed my Thai driver´s licences and it was done in 15 minutes;savings account and ATM card.Chonburi Banglamung Naklua branch.

<br />No specific branches being mentioned here for the OP. I know what he's going thru, I went thru same. I havent opened an account recently but had success at Bangkok Bank btw Soi 10 and 12 on sukhumvit<br />
<br /><br /><br />

KASIKORN BANK SEACON SQUARE BRANCH NO PROBLEM

SCB BANK SEACON SQUARE BIG PROBLEM THEY ARE PLAINLY STUPID