Flight To Koh Chang

scotty123456789

Hi Mark100, I've been traveling to Koh Chang for the past 3 years. As far as I know Bangkok Airways is the only airline that flys there. You will have to fly to Trat

If you have booked a hotel already on Koh Chang, then I'm sure that your hotel can arrange transport to pick you up from Trat airport. We have arranged this several times.

Alternatively, you can get a taxi from Trat airport to the ferry point and then catch the ferry across to Koh Chang. You will be greeted by many Songtahews, which will take you to your resort.

Guemlum

That's interesting, how long is the flight to Trat? & how far away is that from the ferry terminol by road? :o

About 12km from Trat, then about 10km to ferry terminal if I remember correctly.

The flights are not jet, they are ATR-72, could be 45-50 mins from BKK.

Not worth flying, I guess they live off connecting passengers coming from elsewhere into BKK.

I saw passengers disembarking from the plane (whenever we go to Koh Chang we take several kids with us and stop by the airport around 11am when a plane is coming in), always looked like package tourists and at that not many of them.

BTW, the airport is architectural beauty, much like Samui's.

Edited by think_too_mut