Police Certificate From Netherlands

See also Police Certificates and Military Records

Netherlands

You don't have to collect police certificates in the Netherlands. The police certificate is handled by the U.S. Consulate General. There is no separate procedure for the Dutch Citizen to acquire one, since the Consulate receives these certificates directly from the Dutch Department of Justice.

[from private e-mail:]

"It would be good to inform/warn people that obtaining of a Dutch Police certificate from abroad may take quite a lot of time. As far as I could figure out from other people's stories it takes on average 8 weeks. I think that one has to count with a minimum waiting time of at least 6 weeks, and a maximum of 3 months.

To speed up the procedure by a week or two, it is important to give full Dutch addresses (including street and house no.) on the OF-239 part 1 form. (US consulate in Amsterdam informs about it, but other consulates do not, and they will let you know only after they have received OF-239 part 1)".

I contacted the city where I lived before leaving thew country (internet)

I got e-mail confirmation that they would mail me the international police record statement including a bill (I thought it was about euro 17,50).

Received it by mail within a week :o

A lot depends on the City.

In the past few years i needed two. One from Zandvoort (Haarlem district), within 10 days. The other from Amsterdam last year took about 9 weeks!

So i guess anywhere between 1 and 10 weeks.

Did you request these reports on your own? Were you living in Haarlem at the time? We've been told by the US Embassy here in Bangkok that they must be the ones to obtain the police report from Holland.

P.S. Thanks for everyone's replies.