Video Tour Of Bangkok's "ghost Towers"

Look at Supalai tower at Rama 3.

Abandoned for years but now it is finished.

True there is nothing like balanced reporting, and this was nothing like balanced reporting. The good news is that the wall street journal got ripped off by a <deleted> who had a free holiday, got to go on a motorbike, and was driven around in a funny car (he researched these well too :o )

Look at Supalai tower at Rama 3.

Abandoned for years but now it is finished.

True there is nothing like balanced reporting, and this was nothing like balanced reporting. The good news is that the wall street journal got ripped off by a <deleted> who had a free holiday, got to go on a motorbike, and was driven around in a funny car (he researched these well too :o )

My reaction as well.

There are many interesting stories behind all these developments that are still tied up in bankruptcy proceedings but he didn't bother to do any research, just rode around having someone take videos that appeared to have no point.

:D

TH

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the point of your original post fxm88 ?

If it was to just show that there are a number of buildings still empty and rotting from the Asian crisis, well, fine. I think that anyone living in Thailand or travelling here is aware of that already.

As both PKRV and Thaihome have noted, it really is a very thin piece of journalism....basically a filler.

There's also an article at http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118548038601879283.html (but you have to be a subscriber to read the whole thing).

There was a post from quiksilva (which I cannot now find) which explained that providing the reinforcing concrete had been applied the building infrastructure was salvageable, and that this kind of stuff (work recommences) happens all the time - I would trust this information infinitely more than conjuring up rotten meat and Soi dogs. What are these guys on?

Even when the Wall Street journal wrote a (positive) article on The Park it set my alarm bells off - and I have a vested interest!