Anti-cancer Type Foods

Jet Gorgon

Dear Forum,

I have no wish to make claims concerning cancer but I do believe following a healthy diet helps as the body is stronger and therefore more capable of dealing with whatever cancer is.

Sheryl's list:-

- foods prepared from fresh ingrediants rather than processed

- whole grains (brown bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta) rather than processed

- no or as little added sugar as possible

- lots of fruits and vegetables

- if you eat dairy products, try to stay with low fat ones

- if you eat meat, avoid skin and fat, minimize red meat in favor of poultry and fish

- olive or canola oil rather than other types

- balance your protein intake to include not only meat/dairy/fish but also pulses (soy products, nuts, beans etc)

I follow a macrobiotic diet, and the people who created the macrobiotic lifestyle now exemplified by the Kushi Institute do claim that it helps with cancer. What I can claim for the macrobiotic diet is that it has helped me greatly. I suffered from GERD which apparently can become cancerous, and following macrobiotics has stopped the GERD.

Foods that can be eaten on a macrobiotic diet are slightly more restrictive than Sheryl's list as people avoid dairy and meat products - it is basically grain, pulses, fruit and veg with some fish.

I would also promote a further notion, that of pH balance. There are some that argue that if our system is acidic then it encourages cancer. Again I am unwilling to be definitive but eating to obtain a good pH balance has made me more healthy and therefore suggest that this also would help someone with cancer.

Following a macrobiotic diet with a good pH Balance is a naturally healthy way to eat, and can only be helpful in fighting disease. Personally I am not in favour of pills as a quick fix solution. I do hope that the suggestions in this thread have helped the OP.

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best,

Bill Z

http://ginsukapaapdee.wordpress.com/

I would also promote a further notion, that of pH balance. There are some that argue that if our system is acidic then it encourages cancer. Again I am unwilling to be definitive but eating to obtain a good pH balance has made me more healthy and therefore suggest that this also would help someone with cancer.

The body's pH cannot be altered by anything you eat. The lungs and kidneys maintain the cellular fluids and blood within a very narrow pH range at all times (7.35 - 7.45).

What you eat will affect only the pH in your stomach, and that, only temporarily.