Retirement Visa

Hello?

Regards retirement visa :o ?

Aged 52, working in the offshore business (Indonesia) doing 28days on/off. Been coming and going Pattaya on a 30 day tourist visa for over two and a half years. Have now set up home here in Pattaya. In March 08 will exceed the 30day TV limit?

At present my salary is paid into a UK bank where my ex-wife recieves half of it. If I opened up a Thai bank account??? (since I now have a lease???) I can then transfer into that account 65,000bht+ a month from the UK or can I get away with showing my monthly pay-slip/P60 etc to immigration?

On what I have put down can I apply for this retirement visa :D ?

Realise its a bit confusing what has been put down, but when I arrive on leave, stay in Pattaya only for a few days then fly back to the UK to see my children (20,21yrs) for five days, come back Pattya and go up to the girfriends parents for a week before returning and then going back offshore. Never broke the 90day rule in any 6month period?

Hope someone can advise. At present in the UK until Thursday afternoon?

Best regards

As far as I can tell there is no defined requirement that the income for a retirement visa be a pension, so long as you're not working in Thailand there ought to be no problem.

You should be able to get an income letter from the embassy against your offshore salary, otherwise get 800,000 Baht in your Thai bank (needed for 3 months to get the retirement extension).

This is actually something I intend doing next year upon attaining the big five-oh, I too work offshore.

Let us know how you get on :o

Why not get a multi entry non immigrant O visa today. Hull or one of the other honorary consulates in the UK should be able to process and return passport before you have to leave and that will take care of you for the next year.

Crossy has covered the retirement requirements.

Why not get a multi entry non immigrant O visa today. Hull or one of the other honorary consulates in the UK should be able to process and return passport before you have to leave and that will take care of you for the next year.

Crossy has covered the retirement requirements.

Thanks to the two of you for your reply.

In Newbury, Berkshire doing DIY to the house, will not have time now to get all the papers needed and get to Hull?

Thanks again

Sorry - I misread to be Tuesday next week. There might be a closer option but not familiar with UK. Birmingham and another city starting with C seems to have been mentioned recently.

I think Lopburi is referring to Cardiff. Birmingham is probably easiest for you. The consulate is in the city centre, 2 minutes from the train station.

Sorry - I misread to be Tuesday next week. There might be a closer option but not familiar with UK. Birmingham and another city starting with C seems to have been mentioned recently.

I think Lopburi is referring to Cardiff. Birmingham is probably easiest for you. The consulate is in the city centre, 2 minutes from the train station.

Thanks again to all of you. Tend not to mix with the ex-pats, (not out of choice) my time off is limited, always have a full agenda already prepared for me by the GF.

Really appreciate the advise, most farangs I have met in the past speak on all matters as if they are lawyers when the only legal comment I fear they would routinely heard is "Would the defendant please rise"

Thanks again