New Mitsubishi Pajero . . .

technocracy

Just come back from the Mitsu garage here in Vientiane and they are have the new japanese built (not Thai . . surprised!) Pajero in the showroom. What a car! :D

As a self confessed liker of many things Mitsu I have been disappointed by the Triton and the older Pajero and own a last of production run L200. Also no replacement of the G-Wagon has been forthcoming - however! The Mitsu have won my heart back with the new Pajero so it looks like the end of line for my L200 and I'll be taking delivery of a new Pajero.

I looked in Mitsu Udon on the last visit and they didn't know anything about a new Pajero, so I was highly surprised to see it in Mitsu Vientiane! $33,000 is the price tag for a 2.8GLS model, they don't know the 3.2GLS model price as yet.

I'm all excited now!! Just need to sell on the L200 now . . . anyone on the market for a 2 year old L200 with 45k on the clock in Laos??!? (joking .. before those lacking sense of humour tell me this is Thailand forum!) :o

:D

I'm all excited now!! Just need to sell on the L200 now . . . anyone on the market for a 2 year old L200 with 45k on the clock in Laos??!? (joking .. before those lacking sense of humour tell me this is Thailand forum!) :D

I wonder how much the Mitsu SUV will be in Thailand ?

Whatever the price, I doubt Toyota are losing sleep, Fortuners will still outsell them. :o

Edited by Maigo6

I had a look at their website, nice car indeed. Unfortunately we will not see many of them in Thailand because of the high import duties. I guess that you would have to bring more then 4 mil Baht to own one.

Of course fortuners will outsell them, just do no not compare fortuners with cars of this caliber.

Sorry, I'm in a foul mood because of some bone-heads posting ill informed political crap elsewhere, but you're joking right?

I mean, you'd have to import it into Thailand, meaning INSANE duty, plus the steering wheel would be on the wrong side.

But I'm missing something right? :o

Of course fortuners will outsell them, just do no not compare fortuners with cars of this caliber.

LOL, 4 Milllion Baht, who the heck is gonna pay 4 Million Baht for a Mitsubishi SUV ?

Cars of this Caliber...lol...It's a Mitsubishi, not a Bentley Continental GT. :o

I'll stick to the Fortuner and have 2,750,000 Baht change out of the 4 Million.

Sorry, I'm in a foul mood because of some bone-heads posting ill informed political crap elsewhere, but you're joking right?

I mean, you'd have to import it into Thailand, meaning INSANE duty, plus the steering wheel would be on the wrong side.

But I'm missing something right? :o

Is that for me? If it is no I ain't joking . . . I would be incredibly surprised it would cost that much! Don't take the Oz thing as where it would be imported from, since I'd expect Mitsu Thailand (not a personal import) would import them directly from Japan and the Steering wheel would be on the correct side for Thailand (since Japan drive on the left also).

On the previous post I under exaggerated - 4mil is the equivalent of buy 2 of them at Oz prices and still have 1mil left over! Now I believe Thailand might have some bizarre taxation but I'd be very surprised they stick just under 3 million baht tax on the cost!!

Mitsu Evo cost 4 million here. Why would Pajero be cheaper? It's got bigger engine and SUVs have higher excise duty.

Evo costs 4Mil!! :D Bloody'ell - thats double the UK cost!

You see I dunno about car prices in Thailand . . . hence my surprise!! :D

Ooooh there might be some envious looks in Udon when I visit in the new machine if thats the kind of cost they'll be going for! :o

I'm all excited now!! Just need to sell on the L200 now . . . anyone on the market for a 2 year old L200 with 45k on the clock in Laos??!? (joking .. before those lacking sense of humour tell me this is Thailand forum!) :D

I wonder how much the Mitsu SUV will be in Thailand ?

Whatever the price, I doubt Toyota are losing sleep, Fortuners will still outsell them. :o

This is rumoured for thailand,its called the outlander elsewhere and mitsubishi are talking building it in thailand. they have missed the boat in thailand really as all the other makes have an suv already,.the marketing in thailand is very odd to say the least,20060703-2007-mitsubishi-outlander.jpg Edited by mikethevigoman

Mitsu Evo cost 4 million here. Why would Pajero be cheaper? It's got bigger engine and SUVs have higher excise duty.

Ooooh there might be some envious looks in Udon when I visit in the new machine if thats the kind of cost they'll be going for! :o

Ithink you will find it has the triton/l200 chassis and shares a lot of ancillaries with it,20060703-2007-mitsubishi-outlander.jpg.

You might want to hope they never find out or your som tam will go up from Bt20 to Bt50 :D

Seriously though, unless money had no value to me any longer, why would I give a government all that extra when I don't have to ?

Then why not just give it to charity ?

I'd top out here at a Honda Accord / Toyota Camry and a pick up / SUV. In the real world I would have the toys but not here.