90 Day Reporting Change

I've been posting my 90 day reporting papers to Bangkok for a few years now. I sent them a couple of weeks ago and they sent them back as usual. I have to send them again in a couple of months time. I went for a new yearly visa in Nong Kai this week and one woman told me that I have to go there in person in 3 months. I asked another guy on the way out and he said carry on sending to Bangkok.

Which should I do? :D:o:D

I've been posting my 90 day reporting papers to Bangkok for a few years now. I sent them a couple of weeks ago and they sent them back as usual. I have to send them again in a couple of months time. I went for a new yearly visa in Nong Kai this week and one woman told me that I have to go there in person in 3 months. I asked another guy on the way out and he said carry on sending to Bangkok.

It seems to be a Nong Kai thing. Try posting to Korat.

So everyone reporting to Nong Kai must report every 90 days? :D

So everyone reporting to Nong Kai must report every 90 days? :D

Acording to posters on the Khon Kaen forum some people are being told by Nong Kai that they no longer accept postal 90 day reports. Have to go in person.

Others are saying the opposite.

As usual chaos reigns.

I posted mine to Korat. No problem.

Why not post it to Nong Khai as I do?

Nong Khai Immigration.

106 Chalermprakiat Rd.

T. Meechai

A. Muang

P. NONG KHAI 43000

Edit. Never had a problem with them over posting, in fact they sent me a new blank TM47 for my next postal report.

Edited by bdenner

Nong Khai Immigration.

106 Chalermprakiat Rd.

T. Meechai

A. Muang

P. NONG KHAI 43000

Because Nonk Kai have been telling people that they no longer accept posted reports.

Looks like you came back whilst I was editing. Your earlier statement is probably correct

As usual chaos reigns.

This topic was covered here about 2 months ago some saying yes and others no. I say again - No problems for me.

Nong Khai Immigration.

106 Chalermprakiat Rd.

T. Meechai

A. Muang

P. NONG KHAI 43000

Because Nonk Kai have been telling people that they no longer accept posted reports.

Looks like you came back whilst I was editing. Your earlier statement is probably correct

As usual chaos reigns.

This topic was covered here about 2 months ago some saying yes and others no. I say again - No problems for me.

All part of the wierd and wonderful world of immigration.

Which should I do? :D:o

Where ever you mail it, be sure to SAVE your EMS or REGISTRATION receipt from the Post Office.  You can track delivery via:  http://www.thailandpost.com/newweb/index_en.asp

My most recent 90 day report was due on 5 September so I EMSed the paperwork down to Suan Ply 31 Aug.  It was signed for at SP on 3 Sept.

Mine might have been a tad complicated for them to calculate so it took a tad longer to get the receipt back, just recived today, 28 Sept!!

Problem probably was that I was due to report about 7 March, but I went up to Laos on 5 March, no problem, solved that one by the departure, no report made.

So I'd be due again about 5 June, but I went up to Laos again on 3 June.  Same deal, no report required.

Figured the next report was due early Sept and I had not travel planned.  Mailed in the papers with the departure stamps at Nong Khai highlighted.

The folks at the 90-day desks might have just waited for a sloooow day to work their way through this.

Glad I got the receipt as I was headed down to SP next week with my passport, the EMS report, and the Thai Post delivery report to try to convince them that they'd screwed up.  Also had baht 2,000 in my pocket for the fine, if necessary.  Happily bought a few cases of Singha with that instead this morning!!

Mac

For the past seven years I have reported every 90 days by post to Nong Khai.

Today I renewed my visa there and was very specifically told to go in person

every 90 days and postal applications are no longer accepted.

Do Bangkok have any control at all over other offices?

It must cost me about 1,000 baht in petrol to go to Nong Khai and back. Plus wear and tear on the car, it's a 400 Km round trip.

If I choose not to do my 90 day report until my yearly visa is due then turn up to report I would be fined 2,000 baht. Is that right? I would be saving money by not reporting.

But if I am somehow caught doing so then I would be fined 4,000 baht plus 200 baht a day . The chances of that are slim but what a risk!

I probably shouldn't even ask but do I understand this right?

If I choose not to do my 90 day report until my yearly visa is due then turn up to report I would be fined 2,000 baht and if caught doing so then I would be fined 4,000 baht plus 200 baht a day.

The reason I'm asking is I have never reported anything in the time I have been living here and that is ten years now.

I live in Ubon Ratchathani and have to report to Phibun Mangsahan Immigration office. The office is about 50 km from here, so it's not far to travel if you want to, and it's a way of changing the atmosphere. I have been sending my reports by post since I cannot remember when, and have had no problems.

One thing that others might look into is whether there is a branch office of your Immigration Office at your local Provincial Administration Office (อบจ.) The PAO in Ubon has a branch and it is open on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturday mornings.

I probably shouldn't even ask but do I understand this right?

If I choose not to do my 90 day report until my yearly visa is due then turn up to report I would be fined 2,000 baht and if caught doing so then I would be fined 4,000 baht plus 200 baht a day.

The reason I'm asking is I have never reported anything in the time I have been living here and that is ten years now.

If you haven't been asked to report, I'd carry on doing what you do, which is nothing.

I've a feeling that Nong Kai will telephone those who don't turn up and demand that they come in in person and pay the fine. This happened with one of my colleagues.

My question is that if/when Nong kai hassle me, will my showing that Ive repored in Bkk be ok??

Went into Ranong Immigration Yesterday (30/9/07). Now the place was lightly staffed so the regular officer was off. The lady who dealt with me said I was better off not going in on a weekend, and that I could go in 7 days either side of the due date without any problems. Does that sound right?

Because it is required - anyone staying longer than 90 days without exit of the country must report there address to immigration.

I'm sure you knopw more than most. I've had work permits a couple of times but don't remember having to report every 90 days. Not to say I didn't, just don't remember doing it.

Having a work permit is not the determining factor - staying more than 90 days at a time is. You can have a work permit and leave every 90 days to obtain a new visa or visa entry and would not have to report address. Also address can be reported by another if you authorize it.

I would report by mail to Bangkok until advised otherwise. That is the only listed mail provision so suspect upcountry were only running as a courtesy and are not going to continue doing so. It may come to pass that all reports will have to be done in person but that is going to be a huge burden on innocent folks if it happens.

• 3 weeks later...