Are You All That Cheap?!?!?

naammanow

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David says that all of the service charge does go to the employeees . . .

Did David say anything about whether the service charge is in meant to be in lieu of tips that customers might otherwise leave? Did he mention whether, in relation to that, he thinks that customers should not leave, and his staff should not expect, tips beyond the service charge? Did he mention whether he discussed this with his staff?

Of course, if David reads this himself, I am sure that all of us would be even happier to hear from his answers to these questions.

From what David has said to me, I think that he doesn't want or expect anything more than the service charge and has explained to his staff not to expect anything more.

I have a feeling that Dave doesn't want to get into the habbit of posting, because sometimes it becomes difficult not to get into sparing matches with possible customers which is something that I should think about more! :o

I am trying to sort out this service tax thing.

1- If the menu does not mention anything it means prices are net (vat included, service charge ?).

2- If the menu does not mention anything it means prices are net (vat included, service charge included)

3- If the menu mention vat not included it means we have to add it.

4- If the menu mention vat & service charge not included, it means we have to had them both.

5- If the menu mention the price & +++, means the whole enchilada will have to be added (anything goes)

I don't see who's honest and who's not as there is no clear regulation in Thailand (or is there ?) regarding advertising of taxes on restaurant menu.

So what do I do ?

If the service is bad, i get my change and goodbye.

If the general service (and food) is good I leave a tip anyway.

If my table service is good (a special waiter/waitress) I leave a tip in the hand of this waiter/waitress.

Basically I go to a restaurant to have a good time, if this happens, I am happy and I leave a tip.

Greed leads nowhere .... (see all the restaurants that open and close ...)