Adoption of my thai wife's son

hi guys,

i am a US citizen & got married in Thailand last month, nice village girl w/2 yr old son.  followed all procedures at embassy, ministry & ampur.  still working in US, so filed papers with my human resources unit, retirement coming in less than 1 1/2 yr.  could like them to come here, willing to do an international adoption, (thai adoption & US adoption for him), under international adoption was told he automattically becomes US citizen, file INS I-600, I-600A forms.  Looking over INS web site, those forms are for orphans, so is he out of luck or what? still need to get them thai passports and what visas or forms do i need to apply for them to come over.  may live here a few years then may decide to move to Thailand, it's up in the air.  Love Thailand and their people. :)

You should be able to find all the information on the web.  Both the BCIS (INS) and various private sites will have a lot of information.  Believe they have tried to speed things up for those who marry overseas, as you did, but it normally took at least six months to a year or more from applications to arrival in the USA for this type of visa.  Don't know about the adoption procedures.

How important is US citizenship for them?   If this is not a priority, as it is not with many Thai, then you might want to just forgo and wait for retirement and move here as you seem to think this is what you want to do anyhow.  The success rate for village girls moving to the USA is not high.  As you are so close to retirement you do have this option.