Uk Settlement Visa Insurance

macduff

Being a uk national and having married a thai, what would the implication be with travel insurance?. I normally buy multi travel insurance valid for one year here in the uk for myself. But now i'm married with a 3 month baby boy how would i stand legally with a family insurance?. Would i have to purchase insurance from a thai company for my wife?. Or with the settlement aspect on her visa and her right to live in the uk would cover any insurances bought over here?.

Macduff

May we ask if your wife in the UK now or in Thailand?

Are you wanting to obtain travel insurance for your wife for visits or are you all now staying in the UK - now you wife has a settlement visa ?

If she is now in the UK, she can purchase private health insurance or travel insurance, in the UK, if she wishes to visit other countries

Yes we are all living in the uk. I just wanted to know if i bought travel insurance in the uk for all of us as a family policy would my wife be entitled to the same as me as regards any claims for any mishaps like lost baggage and any liabilities that could arise.

Yes we are all living in the uk. I just wanted to know if i bought travel insurance in the uk for all of us as a family policy would my wife be entitled to the same as me as regards any claims for any mishaps like lost baggage and any liabilities that could arise.

Macduff

The answer is 'yes', if you purchase a family travel insurance in the UK then you wife would be fully covered.