Samui Adsl Options

I have TOT phoneline with TT&T maxnet internet 1meg. It's ok, not great but ok. What do others have? Which option do you guys think best.

I normally get around 300kbs sometimes as low as 150, sometimes as high as 700.

I have TOT phoneline with TT&T maxnet internet 1meg. It's ok, not great but ok. What do others have? Which option do you guys think best.

Well. I have also a t.o.t phoneline but with tot 1 meg connection. I say its similar to what you desribe with the speed and everything.

Only thing i hear from some friends in this neibourhood with tt&t connections is that it seem to be down a little more often. But i dont know it for a fact, its just a personal oppinion that tt&t seem to have more problems.

Otherwise it comes down to price-comparision i guess.....Dont know witch is cheaper?

Do you use the cheapest package?

Try to upgrade to Premier, it's more expensive but it felt worth the money for me

Best option for money (I.M.O.) is a G.HSDSL Line from CAT Telecom. 2.3Mbps Synchronous (upload and download). 3000 baht a month. Free installation. 10,000 baht for the modem. Very quick!

I have a 2Mb TT&T connection at home. First thing in the morning (seems the best time) I get 1700kbps download speed doing speed tests to California. Remember here in Thailand there are two speeds, inside Thailand and outside of Thailand. A good speed test site is here:- http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ - always test the speed going out of the country, inside is pointless unless you only read Thai websites....

It all depends on the contention ratio you are on (i.e. how many other people are on your circuit) and how far away from the exchange you are, the quality of the line, etc. It's very hit and miss here. If you complain enough they will change your contention ratio. We've had TOT replace telephone cable with high-quality cable before as well.

I work with CAT, TT&T & TOT everyday and can honestly say the CAT line is the best, followed by TT&T and TOT last. TOT are probably the worst here.

There are also business adsl lines available but you're looking at about 20,000 baht a month for a 0-ratio line... Ouch!...

Best option for money (I.M.O.) is a G.HSDSL Line from CAT Telecom. 2.3Mbps Synchronous (upload and download). 3000 baht a month. Free installation. 10,000 baht for the modem. Very quick!

I have a 2Mb TT&T connection at home. First thing in the morning (seems the best time) I get 1700kbps download speed doing speed tests to California. Remember here in Thailand there are two speeds, inside Thailand and outside of Thailand. A good speed test site is here:- http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ - always test the speed going out of the country, inside is pointless unless you only read Thai websites....

It all depends on the contention ratio you are on (i.e. how many other people are on your circuit) and how far away from the exchange you are, the quality of the line, etc. It's very hit and miss here. If you complain enough they will change your contention ratio. We've had TOT replace telephone cable with high-quality cable before as well.

I work with CAT, TT&T & TOT everyday and can honestly say the CAT line is the best, followed by TT&T and TOT last. TOT are probably the worst here.

There are also business adsl lines available but you're looking at about 20,000 baht a month for a 0-ratio line... Ouch!...

ttnt ,not the fastest but normally ok ....