Tourist Visa

Hi,

As your properbly aware im due to marry my thai girl in 10 weeks.

We then will be making an application for a settlement visa for her to join me in the uk.

But what i want to know is, would it harm our chances of a settlement visa if we went for a tourist visa now.

It was just an idea i suggested to her today.

As there is still around 10 weeks to go until i join her in Phetchabun and we marry, i suggested we could try for a tourist visa.

Maybe her joining me for a couple of months, then we travel back to Thailand together in 10 weeks, marry, make the settlement visa then hopefully travel back again to England with her 2 year visa.

Just worried that if we went ahead with an application for a tourist visa, and it was rejected, would it go against our application for the sv?

Cheers.

Scotty..............

Scotty,

There is no reason why your girlfriend cannot apply for a visit visa now, although she will still need to meet the visitor requirements of the Immigration Rules: maintenance, accommodation and intention to leave the UK. If you were able to show that you jointly intend to travel to Thailand in 10 weeks and that your marriage plans are well advanced, this would actually give her a strong incentive to return.

Scouse.

What if the visit visa was refused, would it go against our sv application when we apply in 10 week?

Around the 17th of december we will be putting forward the sv application, where hoping to travel back together on new years day.

What proof could i put forward to them that we will be returning to Thailand?

I fly out to thailand on the 11th of december and return on new years day.

We have nothing concrete to show them that we are to marry and shall be making an sv at xmas.

The only thing i could show them was my air tickets showing im leaving the uk for Thailand on the 11th december.

Thanks...

Scotty,

There's nothing stopping your g/f making a visit visa application and refusal would not necessary impact upon a subsequent settlement application; it would depend upon the reasons for the refusal. Her incentive to return to Thailand could be your impending marriage.

That said, you've previously written that you're worried the visa officer might think you don't earn enough and comment upon your overdraft, so to potentially spend in excess of £1000.00 for a short visit would seem foolhardy. Having prepared for a settlement application, isn't it best to just wait the extra few weeks?

Scouse.