(still) Possible To Get Non-imm B In Thailand?

I made a post few days ago looking for some info about this but my title was not clear..so i decided to make a new post. Sorry about that.

So about 1 year ago, i was able to obtain a non imm B from the immigration office in bkk (i brought with me all relevant documents: transcripts, letter from my school..).

I just started a new job and have been told that now one can only get a non-imm B at a Thai consulate outside Thailand. Is that corect?

I made a post few days ago looking for some info about this but my title was not clear..so i decided to make a new post. Sorry about that.

So about 1 year ago, i was able to obtain a non imm B from the immigration office in bkk (i brought with me all relevant documents: transcripts, letter from my school..).

I just started a new job and have been told that now one can only get a non-imm B at a Thai consulate outside Thailand. Is that corect?

I'm not sure its was ever possible to get a Non B in Thailand.

Are you sure thats what you meant. Not a Cconversion or extension?

Cheers

It is my understanding that any Non-Immigrant B visa must be procured from **without the country IN PERSON. By the way, quoting from the TM7 Immigration form (to extend a Non-Imm. B visa):

"Application must be made in person."

Serious penalties have been imposed (confiscation of passport, arrest of foreigner, etc.) upon those who rely on an agency or 3rd party to obtain a non-Imm B or subsequent extensions.

**Sources: http://www.thaivisa.com/513.0.html (step 2, paragraph 1)

There have been stories on ThaiVisa.com of foreigners who allowed a 3rd party to obtain the visas or extensions, and upon trying to leave Thailand, were arrested because the visas and/or extensions turned out to be fake--done by a shady "agency" that collected 5,000 baht from them for the "service." Buyer beware! I would check with your company to see exactly how they do this. If they use a 3rd part "agency," I would be very wary.

Depends if your employer meet the criteria such as number of Thai employees per work permit, etc. If they do and you have a 30 day tourist visa exemption stamp with at least 21 days remaining on this stamp , you can change it to a 90 day non "B" inside Thailand and then later extend this to a one year extension of stay based on business permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Depends if your employer meet the criteria such as number of Thai employees per work permit, etc. If they do and you have a 30 day tourist visa exemption stamp with at least 21 days remaining on this stamp , you can change it to a 90 day non "B" inside Thailand and then later extend this to a one year extension of stay based on business permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Exactly, that's what i was told last time (that i needed at least 21 days left) and all i did was go to the immigration department and they gave me a non imm B. I'm teaching at a similar school right now so i don't think the 'number of thai employees per work permit' is all that different.

Nevertheless, i am currently on a TV and not a visa exemption..would that make a difference?

I'm guessing that very few people know about this because it seems that everyone assume one has to leave Thailand to obtain a non-imm b.