Villa Market Official Grand Opening

ThaivisaMarketing

Villa Market cordially invites Thaivisa members to their Official Grand Opening

When: 6 October, 2007 11:00 am

Where: The New Villa Market located in The Avenues shopping complex on Second Road

Theme: Hawaiian

All guests are invited to wear Hawaiian casual clothing and enjoy the free food samplings provided by Villa Market

Been to Villa Supermarket on Monday and I must say that they definitely win my preferred supermarket as compared to Foodland and Carrefour. Their meat section is really fresher than what you can get in Carrefour and Foodland. Price of meat is also slightly cheaper than Foodland.

The vegetables and fruits are slightly on the higher side as they're imports.

And as for cheese and ham and organic stuff, they're the winner. Huge array of choices. Mostly from Australia, New Zealand and US. Stuff like turkey breast ham that I could hardly find in Foodland and Carrefour could be found there. If they're ladies out there who look at their waistlines as often as their watches, Villa supermarket could be their favourite supermarket!

Only problem, located at the 2nd road opposite slightly opposite Royal Garden Plaza. Location is a congested area and their parking's small. Might not have sufficient parking space during peak period. And parking's not free. 20 baht for an hour!

Only problem, located at the 2nd road opposite slightly opposite Royal Garden Plaza. Location is a congested area and their parking's small. Might not have sufficient parking space during peak period. And parking's not free. 20 baht for an hour!

When did this start? they have a large multi storey to the rear and I have been every week since the cinema opened and never paid! Last week the car park guy did ask for a tip!! Maybe the free parking was an opening offer now discontinued, I also noticed last week one side of the outside car park was reserved for "Villa"

Of to the movies shortly so will report back if there is a charge!

When did this start? they have a large multi storey to the rear and I have been every week since the cinema opened and never paid! Last week the car park guy did ask for a tip!! Maybe the free parking was an opening offer now discontinued, I also noticed last week one side of the outside car park was reserved for "Villa"

Of to the movies shortly so will report back if there is a charge!

Well, I've parked just outside Villa Supermarket. Didn't go further in. The guard came up to me and ask me how long I'll be parking my car. I said 1 hour and he told me that'll be 20Baht. He gave me a ticket and said that if I lose the parking ticket there'll be an fine of 200baht! It's was just a slip of receipt like ticket!!

I got a parking ticket last time I was there.

But you can have it validated in Villa or I guess any of the shops there.

Cheers

Just to repeat.

I got a ticket.

Parked for about 1 1/2 hours.

Got the ticket stamped in Villa.

Left without paying anything.

Cheers

Well I for one will not be shopping there.

20 baht parking???? Ridiculous!!!!

Obviously you don't understand, if they did not hand out parking tickets to be validated if you are shopping in the Avenues Mall, everyone on earth would be parking their all day without shopping. If you shop at the mall the parking is free. Mikes, and Royal Garden does the same thing, and big C sai Song charges 10 Baht for Parking.

Barry

Checked it out last night, arrived at 9:30p security guy gave us a ticket and all round the site were signs in english & thai announcing the charges which are:

First 15 mins - free thereafter 20baht per hour except if you have a shop/cinema stamp then the first two hours are free thereafter 20baht an hour.

Incidently we went to BKK for dinner , they stamped my ticket, then went to the movies (stardust) came out at 1am which meant I was there for 3 & 1/2 hours. Got stopped by two uniformed ladies on the way out, checked my ticket, looked at some sheet on their table then waved me out without charge?

Whilst 20 baht an hour is a bit high if you just visit one shop and get a stamp you get two hours free which given their location on 2nd road near soi Post Office I can understand otherwise the car park would be full from people not using the centre, Friendship also operate a similar system as do Royal Garden Plaza so I guessthey are not too bad, if you stay for three hours with a stamp you pay 20baht for three hours parking!

What are you guy's wingeing about, when I go to London I can expect to pay the equivalent of 500Baht + a hour, plus an additional 500Baht bung to "Red Ken".

BB

We went yesterday and was fairly impressed over all.... 1 head of imported iceberg lettuce was B360, a little over the top on that price for me but other than that their selection of cheese and fresh meat seemed very good. All in all a very nice up scale market with lots of hard to find foreign food choices one would expect to find there.

They validated our parking ticket for a 2 hour stay.

went the other day ,no charge for parking if you get a stamp in any shop ,prices in villa a little high ,but good selection of goods and miracle of miracles ,fresh parsnips,hope they have them at christmas. christmas dinner isnt the same without roast parsnips :o

notice that they are stocking buttermilk as well.

If you park at The Avenue and visit the bars on 2nd Road without going to any shop in the avenue you will be charged for parking.

However I have been there twice and have not been charged anything!

Today we went and noticed some of the prices have been reduced in the Villa. Plus we had the opportunity to sample wine,cheese,cider etc so we did and very nice it was too.

The fact that I am a little franz list has nothing to do with my new view on the world! :D:D

Sorry johnh101 drunk in charge of a post again!! :o

begs

1 head of imported iceberg lettuce was B360, a little over the top

That isn't a little over the top. Thats on the moon. The prices on the imported produce are the highest I have ever seen anywhere in the world. Clearly there is a market for this and its called Villa. BTW, happy to have it because they do stock some unique items impossible to find anywhere else.

What are you guy's wingeing about, when I go to London I can expect to pay the equivalent of 500Baht + a hour, plus an additional 500Baht bung to "Red Ken".

BB

500 baht parking???? Ridiculous!!!!

I also went to Villa Market yesterday. Lots of samples, and for those who was complaining about Grape Nuts cerial, yes they do stock grape Nuts in the regular box, a little high at 239 Baht. Foodland did have it at one time for 199 baht.

Overall some great imported items.

Barry