A Pie Shop/outlet In Patong

chiang mai

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the chances are pretty good! If you give me and Mrs CM some more details we'll "knock up" a test run for you. Or better still, we'll check out the archives and see what recipe's exist. Have to be four pies though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much to Livingin Kata, Chantal and Nonthaiburial for your comments, you'll be pleased to hear that with not too many more customers like you we'll be at the desired capacity level. I remain convinced that quality products will always be successful and that if we ever forget that you will tell us pretty quickly. The heck with opening a shop, I think we'll remain a "work at home" business with a small but discerning group of regular customers who appreciate quality and who knows, maybe we'll even start a waiting list to join - a bit like the Morgan car company in the UK. If you want to buy a hand made Morgan the waiting list is something like fifteen years. So, that'll be in two Steak & kidney and four pork and egg in December 2011, done!

I'm going to ask Donna to close this thread and since I initiated the thread this seems reasonable. I started this thread because I wanted to draw on the experience and knowledge of longer term residents of Phuket regarding how to start and expand a fledgling business here in Phuket and I am grateful to those who responded, in many cases with slightly, "out of the box" thinking. As a consequence of the thread, in part and time, our business has moved forward very positively and I am grateful for the support of the new friends we have made through Thaivisa.

But we have received feedback from other TV members that the thread is unfair to them since they are not allowed to "advertise" their businesses and contravenes forum rules. I have pointed out that we have said we will provide our pies for the next Thaivisa party in Phuket yet some see the thread as means of free advertising. I accept that the thread as it is seen today COULD be viewed that way and we are not comfortable being viewed in that light therefore closure of this thread is appropriate.

Thanks

Thread closed as requested, Chiang Mai.

Mods have been closely watching such threads, and I do know that this one was borderline. A full blown commercial venture and a 'survey' or 'market research' are two different things, but the line is fine, and I understand this.

Sponsorship of the forum is a great way to promote your business, and all of our sponsors have reported a good response from advertising with us. I strongly advise anyone with a business worthy of promotion to contact [email protected] for more information.