A Pie Shop/outlet In Patong

chiang mai

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Guys - I placed my order. Am ready with my knife and fork!!! :o

Hope they're better that the homemade cardboard pies that they sell in Tops at Central.

Maybe it’s just me but I like a meat pie to be 80% filling and 20% crust and I like the one to compliment the other. What I seem to find in the pies I buy from commercial outlets is that they seem to contain the obverse proportions and the filling is mostly gravy or sauce. A pie may look great from the outside, nice colour and good shape but the real test comes when you cut into it. When the “cut” test shows that it sags under the weight of the knife and a load of gravy and little else runs out, I feel like I have been cheated, even before I have tasted the pie. All of this was reaffirmed to me recently when I bought a Waitrose pie from TOPS at a whopping 140 baht each and I couldn’t imagine who would really want to eat them. Even back in the UK a few months ago I realized that most of what I bought and ate commercially was really rubbish.

Chiang mai

I am not knowledgeable of the procedures of obtaining a health certificate in Thailand. Having a certificate is an assurance the the product was produced according to minimum cleanliness and health standards.

I'm amazed there are Health and Safety certificates in Thailand!

Chiang mai

I am not knowledgeable of the procedures of obtaining a health certificate in Thailand. Having a certificate is an assurance the the product was produced according to minimum cleanliness and health standards.

Amazed, I'm shocked. But from what I see it's only in Phuket and doubtless there are shortcuts and ways around the problem.

Chiang mai

Amazed, I'm shocked. But from what I see it's only in Phuket and doubtless there are shortcuts and ways around the problem.

Perhaps cash will help...

We received our first order from Mr and Mrs Chiang Mai today. Thank you! Beautifully presented and packaged and a few freebies thrown in for us to sample. We have just wolfed down the chicken and the beef and mushroom pies and they are absolutely delicious!!! Perfect crusty pastry with generous fillings and sauce.

I have tried all the various pies and these are IMO the best.

Well worth it! Place your orders now. :o

We received our first order from Mr and Mrs Chiang Mai today. Thank you! Beautifully presented and packaged and a few freebies thrown in for us to sample. We have just wolfed down the chicken and the beef and mushroom pies and they are absolutely delicious!!! Perfect crusty pastry with generous fillings and sauce.

I have tried all the various pies and these are IMO the best.

Well worth it! Place your orders now. :o

Thank you Chantal, we;re really pleased you enjoyed them.

Renting a shop is a difficult option imho. To get a decent farang footfall would require a near beachfront place at obscene rents. Conversely a cheap rent place would have no footfall. Why not try?;

1. getting your product in farang expat bars (eg on nanai road), with a sign to go in the bar that says `we stock xxx`s pies` - that will get your name known and as your rep grows will bring added trade in to the bars - a virtous circle.

2. the idea of a man going round the bangla bars with pies on a tray is not a bad one you know - low tech, low cost, and plenty of drunk farangs with eyes bigger than their stomachs.

Just heated up our first pie delivery from this afternoon:

gallery_2733_531_597768.jpg

gallery_2733_531_498015.jpg

gallery_2733_531_142101.jpg

As you can see from my pictures very good presentation for these products,professional!!!

I had the beef, wife had the pork&egg pie:

Both very delicous and you can taste and see that they are using very good ingredients/materials.

On top of this Cee(spelling?) and Rob are a very nice couple and it was a pleasure to meet them.

Looking forward to my next delivery.

I've added already 50.-Baht on my customer's account at "THE PIE HOUSE".

Very well done, thanks!

Gerd

######.. They look good...

Hurry up with an outlet :o !!

We've already got one, it's just that you have to telephone, PM, email or carrier pigeon your order instead of driving to a shop. That way you can sit back with your knife and fork at the ready and go straight into nap mode immediately afterwards, all in the comfort of your own home. We try to make life as easy as possible for all our customers. :D

Have to report that the latest pork/egg pies are just excellent. Really huge and I cut in half for lunch, bit of salad, some mayo... thus making an incredibly cheap meal. Lovely bubbly...

Mrs Chiang Mai is working on a low cal pie for you because if you keep eating them the at the rate you are doing you may soon need it :o Nevertheless, were overjoyed that you like them so much. You'll also be pleased to hear that one of the best chefs on the island has now shown us how to make the inside of the Pork Pie pink, Gerd is a gentleman as you quite accurately said.

You may also be interested to read, since you mentioned the issue of pricing a while ago, that the average price of a steak and kidney pie in the UK as sold in pubs has now reached £10, see attached article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7046664.stm

Have to report that the latest pork/egg pies are just excellent. Really huge and I cut in half for lunch, bit of salad, some mayo... thus making an incredibly cheap meal. Lovely bubbly...

Mrs Chiang Mai is working on a low cal pie for you because if you keep eating them the at the rate you are doing you may soon need it :o Nevertheless, were overjoyed that you like them so much. You'll also be pleased to hear that one of the best chefs on the island has now shown us how to make the inside of the Pork Pie pink, Gerd is a gentleman as you quite accurately said.

You may also be interested to read, since you mentioned the issue of pricing a while ago, that the average price of a steak and kidney pie in the UK as sold in pubs has now reached £10, see attached article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7046664.stm

That would be for a sit down steak and kidney pie meal.

Sold individually (which is rare) would be much cheaper.

Yum yum, I could eat one right know, where can I get one in Chiang Rai, joking apart, its worth trawling around the farang shops , like northern foods in Chiang Rai and various other locations, if you price is right they will take them on.good luck and please let me know if you deliver to CR

Yum yum, I could eat one right know, where can I get one in Chiang Rai, joking apart, its worth trawling around the farang shops , like northern foods in Chiang Rai and various other locations, if you price is right they will take them on.good luck and please let me know if you deliver to CR

We deliver to Bangkok and will be in Chiang Mai in November - happy to bring some for you if you wish?

cheers