Elderly Mother Joining Me In Thailand

I hold a non-immigrant B visa. My elderly mother (83 years old) is moving to Thailand to live with me. Can you please suggest what is the best type of visa for her - a dependent non-immigrant O or a retirement visa.

If it is a non-immigrant O for dependent status, what does she need in the way of paperwork in order to apply? If it's a retirement visa, what does she need to apply? I do understand the income requirements for a retirement visa - does she need this documentation when she goes to apply or when she extends once she gets to Thailand?

Thank you in advance for your help.

ThaiTross

Are you on a one year extension of stay? Holding a B visa gives you no rights to have family here.

If you indeed are here under an extension of stay of police order 606/2006 then the dependent is probably the easy way to go. A copy of your passport/extension of stay should be enough to obtain a non immigrant O visa for mother and once here the extension to match yours can take place. The below is requirement for extension.

1. Application form

2. Copy of passport of the applicant

3. Copy of passport of the foreigner who is granted permission to stay in Thailand.

4. Copy of documents showing the relationship such as the evidence of marriage, copy of birth certificate, evidence of the registration of ordinary child adoption, certificate of the registration of adopted child adoption or other papers issued by

other related government sectors/organizations.