Are There Problems With Getting A Tv In Manila

Just found a nice ticket offer for 130 Euro from BKK->MNL with Cebu Pacific Budget Airline.

Never been to the City of Guns before so i'm excited to have a look.

But i heared the consulate is making it very hard to get a tourist visa. Anybody here who

has experiences? My current triple entry TV was issued in Germany. So this will be my first

Back-To-Back TV visa and in fact my first TV visa i ever asked for in an asian embassy.

Just found a nice ticket offer for 130 Euro from BKK->MNL with Cebu Pacific Budget Airline.

Never been to the City of Guns before so i'm excited to have a look.

But i heared the consulate is making it very hard to get a tourist visa. Anybody here who

has experiences? My current triple entry TV was issued in Germany. So this will be my first

Back-To-Back TV visa and in fact my first TV visa i ever asked for in an asian embassy.

Three steps

(1) Take a deep breath

(2) Check out all previous posts here on the attitude at Thai Consulate in Manila

(3) Exhale and then vow to forget about Manila

Do a search here on the forum. I think it has been covered many times here that Manila is probably the least friendly Embassy to issue any kind of Visas for non-locals in the world. Your chances are close to zero.

Enjoy your stay in Manila, it is quite adventurous, but great. And go to Penang or KL or Singapore or anywhere else but Manila for a Visa! (Pnom Penh is to be avoided too!)

Sunny

"TVs" are not as common in Manila/Philippines as they are in Thailand but asking a Manila taxi driver to take you a niteclub with bakklas should point you in the right directions :o As to those other TVs...one has never been spotted in Manila by anyone...their existence is just a persistent urban myth.

Well the posting i found from february showed that it looks they want some tea money to get the visa.

Has anybody ever tried to spend a thousand peso or so for the guy behind the desk?

But maybe i should book the roundtrip BKK->KL->Manila->KL->Penang->BKK and enjoy an extended

Visa trip. Unfortunately Kula Lumpur<->Manila tickets are more expensive.

Well the posting i found from february showed that it looks they want some tea money to get the visa.

Has anybody ever tried to spend a thousand peso or so for the guy behind the desk?

But maybe i should book the roundtrip BKK->KL->Manila->KL->Penang->BKK and enjoy an extended

Hello, I applied for my Tourist Visa in Manilla on Monday 24th Sept 2007, very recent, Im a British Passport holder who had lived here with a proper WP and Visa prior to this, I had to suply the following docs:

Details of flight out of Manila (thursday 28th Sept)

Details of Flight out of THailand (End of Nov)

Bank Statement (they didnt classify how much was needed)

Address of where I would be staying

Signed Letter from owner of apartment

Copy of his workpermit to show his legalised status in Thailand (these last two are superflous if you have a voucher / confirmation from a Hotel)

Application Form

2 Photos

1400 pesos

Picked it up on Wednesday at 3pm

Hope that helps

Steve

Hello, I applied for my Tourist Visa in Manilla on Monday 24th Sept 2007, very recent, Im a British Passport holder who had lived here with a proper WP and Visa prior to this, I had to suply the following docs:

Copy of his workpermit to show his legalised status in Thailand (these last two are superflous if you have a voucher / confirmation from a Hotel)

Application Form

2 Photos

1400 pesos

Hope that helps

Steve

Sounds a bit like the requirements needed for a North Korean Visa, or a Visa to the German Democratic Republic in the old days ....

Sunny

Application Form

2 Photos

1400 pesos

Hope that helps

Steve

how does one obtain a "voucher / confirmation from a Hotel"