Settlement Visa

Well i have wrote a few topics a lately regarding me and my girl making a settlement visa.

Today i have just been made redundant from my company.

Unfortunatly i left my job of 6 and a half years to join this company, and only been there 3 months so i wont get a penny.

I have signed up with a recruitment agency today and they can get me work, but it maybe 2 days 1 week, 3 the next, 1 daythe week after, and so on and so on.

Where does this leave me and my wife to be, where getting married and making the application in 9 week.

I have not even told her yet, i dont know how too.

This is gona break her heart.

Is there away of the application still being accepted?

I meen what if the work i have is through the agency, until i find something permenant?

Its all gone wrong.......

Scotty

There is no problem if you change jobs, the ECO will only be looking for a regular income and the fact that you can live on what you earn.

If you get another job simply include the payslips from both the new company and the company where you have been working for the past 3 months. You have changed jobs, there is absolutely no need to say why you changed or mention the redundancy provided you can pick up another job in a couple of weeks. It wont make much difference to the comings and goings on your bank statements.

If the work is agency work that is not a problem provided it is regular and you can prove regular income from somewhere.

So no worries about the SV application provided you find a job (or return to your old job).

Well late last night i recieved a call from my boss, apparently three people have left the company and he asked if i would go back.

I should realy have told him to stick it, but i said yes.

My main priority is my wife to be, and getting her over here so we can have a life together, so i said yes, i will come back.

He even asked me to work today, double time, he dont normally do that :o

Anyway, i was made redundant for around 9 hours.

P.S scouse ill be in touch soon mate...

Scotty,

If you're not sure about being back at your old job - or it goes pear-shaped again rapidly - is there anyone else, eg your mum/dad, who would agree to declare that they would be responsible for any additional/extra expenses associated with your wife and provide a copy of their bank statements to prove their capability of so doing? It worked for my wife when she applied last year for an SV and I had not yet begun my new job in the UK and didn't have large savings of my own. Good luck.

Edited by paully

is there anyone else, eg your mum/dad, who would agree to declare that they would be responsible for any additional/extra expenses associated with your wife and provide a copy of their bank statements to prove their capability of so doing? It worked for my wife when she applied last year for an SV and I had not yet begun my new job in the UK and didn't have large savings of my own.

It would look like from recent announcements that third party sponsorship is no longer accepted for visa applications.

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that i have had along discusion with the gaffer regarding whats happened, i have explained i was not happy and treated unfairly.

We have talked about how secure my position is, and my job is 100% secure.

Obviously for our visa application this was good news, in return the gaffer will be writing a letter for the embassy in helping with our sv.

Thanks for the replies lads.

Scotty..............

It would look like from recent announcements that third party sponsorship is no longer accepted for visa applications.

Looks like the wife may just have sneaked through in time, then ;-)

But, with all due respect to His Honour Mr Justice Hodge, I suspect this may not be the end of the matter and there'll be a further appeal on this and the other points raised in the case.

Scotty, good to hear that your boss will be supporting you. All the best with the application.

Edited by paully