Show Me Your Watch!

thaigerd

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't wear a watch since years but just starting to look around to find one.

Any ideas?

Gerd

I have had my Omega Seamaster for 11 years now and it's as good as new. Highly recommended.

I wear a genuine Rolex, they sell them at any corner stall at insanely cheap prices, I assume they're over-stocked. :o

Yeap, nothing like a genuine, genuine replica that is,

Who cares my Rolex is spelled with two x's, keeps great time, :D

I have had my Omega Seamaster for 11 years now and it's as good as new.

I bought an Omega Seamaster (self-winding movement) in 1970 and later gave it to a relative when I bought a Tissot Two-Timer (quartz, with battery) for myself. The Omega Seamaster is still going strong and keeps accurate time. It had some rough times and is indestructible. The Tissot Two-Timer, I’ve had for over 10 years and have had no problem with it. Just have to make sure they close it tightly when changing the battery.

--

Maestro

I'm very happy with my 'Movado'. Have been wearing almost 18 yrs. Works great. Had changed a battery a few times that's all it takes.

One funny thing about the style of this watch. Now my watch is back in style again. Some Thais want to pay more than when I first bought in 1989. ha...ha... :o:D

Get yourself a Casio G-Shock. They're good enough to be certified by NASA for spaceflights so they should last a while down here :o

I have to agree that the Casio G-Shock is the finest watch I have ever worn. I have a whole drawer full of expensive watches that I have not worn for years. I use the G-Shock when I am scuba diving, flying, skydiving, and sometimes even when I am working out on the heavy bag at the gym. I have probably been using the G-Shock ever since they came on the market and they are extremely accurate and have never failed me.

The interesting thing is that they are quite a bit cheaper here in the US than they are in Thailand.

Just love those G-Shocks ! :D

I wear a genuine Rolex, they sell them at any corner stall at insanely cheap prices, I assume they're over-stocked. :o

Yeap, nothing like a genuine, genuine replica that is,

Who cares my Rolex is spelled with two x's, keeps great time, :D

My (thai) wife's family owns a high end watch shop in LA, the father takes trips to thailand and sometimes goes to the mall stalls in BKK and buys a couple of Replica rolexs and even a Panerai for me. I have three watches now, the nice copies can be bought for around $220 and have actual swiss internal components. 14 jewel movement. The father has inspected them in the store and gone as far as to even open them to check the movement. Stay away from the cheaper japanese movement watches($80 ones). Truly, if you want a great watch at a pittence($200 or so) search out one of these stalls. My Panerai cannot be seen as a fake being compared to a real one. My rolex either. The rolex I gave my best man,, he has been wearing that watch for the last year everyday while travelling and working on the road, not one complaint. Note, ALL rolexs real or fake will run about five minutes fast every week or two. The relica watches I'm referring to at these stalls, they are not kept at these stalls, basicly you select a watch out of a magazine, and they send out a runner to an undisclosed location to retrieve it. There may be a "wait", but it is worth it due to the knowlege that the rolexs have been checked to have real saffire crystals, and swiss movement. I'd sell them in the states if I could. My two cents. Good luck on what ever you decide.

G-Shock or something similar for me, Timex also makes a comparable model. They are cheap and I do alot of swimming and my watch gets banged up a bit during the course of everyday use, thus I tend to pick up a small nick or shatter or two on the face.

Any ideas?

Gerd

What is your budget ?

Not decided yet but the watch I wold like should not be to heavy and must have a leather armband.

Saw a nice BOSS watch some days ago, guess around 50K Baht.

Gerd

Any ideas?

Gerd

What is your budget ?

Not decided yet but the watch I wold like should not be to heavy and must have a leather armband.

Saw a nice BOSS watch some days ago, guess around 50K Baht.

Gerd

Those designer names are available for huge discounts, dont pay retail,i can even get 45 per cent off most omegas,seiko are as good as anything and are being hugely discounted now, especially on ebay,..but be caeful as boss/and a lot of those lower end brand names are no more than a 20 pound watch at 800 retail !

I haven't worn a watch since I retired. I don't care what time it is or even what day it is. I do check monthly to make sure my pension check has been direct deposited into my US bank account. I do that with my Nokia phone. It always knows what time and day it is.

I haven't worn a watch since I retired. I don't care what time it is or even what day it is. I do check monthly to make sure my pension check has been direct deposited into my US bank account. I do that with my Nokia phone. It always knows what time and day it is.
Thats funny gary, but you are right really, i see people ( myself included ) looking at their watch and il bet if you asked them the time they would have to look again, we wear them out of habit really or as a piece of jewellry,.i have another friend like you ,he tossed his watch when he came to thailand, he is never on time for anything and he has aquired the nickname of ,the late tony cruden !

Fairly extensive collection but my everyday wear watch is my Breitling Chronomat Blackbird; an old 15 year old Suunto dive com for diving, and a plain jane (non gps, solar, altitude etc.) Casio G-Shock that I've had since high school for golf and tennis.

:o

Fairly extensive collection but my everyday wear watch is my Breitling Chronomat Blackbird; an old 15 year old Suunto dive com for diving, and a plain jane (non gps, solar, altitude etc.) Casio G-Shock that I've had since high school for golf and tennis.

"Casio G-Shock that I've had since high school for golf and tennis." They havent made the g shock for that long have they ! :D

:D

"Casio G-Shock that I've had since high school for golf and tennis." They havent made the g shock for that long have they ! :D

Age jabs don't effect me yet (maybe just a slightly raised eyebrow... like when you meet a girl that says she was born in 1985 and thinks Star Wars is a cheesy B-movie).

Class of '93.

Watches for many on these boards are just silly little adornments that have a minimal function in telling time but far more closely function as a symbol of marking oneself as a member of the Leisure class, sort of like those silly neckties that certain people wear, and the primary purpose is to demonstrate that the wearer does not engage in physical labor. The continued allure of fancy watches in a time when cheap quartz watches are more accurate, also demonstrates that Thorstein Veblen remains the greatest American economist of all time. :o

Any ideas?

Gerd

Take a look at this www.ebay.co.uk item number .if you are in thailland and dont have an ebay account ill get it for you if you see one you fancy, check out his other items, hes cheap !

220156102813rtCurve.gif

Edited by mikethevigoman

Watches for many on these boards are just silly little adornments that have a minimal function in telling time but far more closely function as a symbol of marking oneself as a member of the Leisure class, sort of like those silly neckties that certain people wear, and the primary purpose is to demonstrate that the wearer does not engage in physical labor. The continued allure of fancy watches in a time when cheap quartz watches are more accurate, also demonstrates that Thorstein Veblen remains the greatest American economist of all time. :o
A bit like clothes then is it ? ...what should we all wear ? :D

Nothing like a watch thread to bring out the Tesco Lotus clothing crowd.

Nothing like a watch thread to bring out the Tesco Lotus clothing crowd.

As Seinfeld once said, we need to figure out an outfit for "Earth" and stick with it :D

As for watches, I quite like Fossil...not expensive, interesting designs, no problems with actually telling the time.

As Seinfeld once said, we need to figure out an outfit for "Earth" and stick with it :D

As for watches, I quite like Fossil...not expensive, interesting designs, no problems with actually telling the time.agreed,] This may do him ..60 quid ! bargain

fs4244c.jpg Edited by mikethevigoman