Lump Underarm

khall64au

What would you do if you found a lump under your armpit? It's the size of a pea - actually was red in colour and was painful to touch, but a few days later no colour and no pain but still a pea...

Doh - not the kind of thing you expect to find, actually!

Anything else associated with this development? e.g. loss of weight, fever, pain in the underarm? If not probaly just a zit or something minor. If it doesn't recede or show some puss in a day or so, please visit your doctor. Please don't neglect it. And if it disappears on its own, mention it next visit to the doctor which should be 1-2X a year even for a youngster like you.

As others have said get it checked but it 99% chance it nothing to worry about.

I get them time to time - small cyst caused by infected hair root.

It can alsao be lymph nodes doing what they are supposed to - they swell when fighting off infection - you have them in armpit, neck and groin too

It can alsao be lymph nodes doing what they are supposed to - they swell when fighting off infection - you have them in armpit, neck and groin too

i had twice a harmless cyst removed (blocked skin oil gland) but still strongly suggest a professional check-up. a swelling near lymph nodes for longer than several weeks should not be taken too lightly.

i had twice a harmless cyst removed (blocked skin oil gland) but still strongly suggest a professional check-up. a swelling near lymph nodes for longer than several weeks should not be taken too lightly.

My first ever "Operation" was to remove a cyst from my chin - BUPA hospital Edinburgh caused by me ex hitting me and compacting follicles - she was a nutter though Man U and Rangers supporter :D

I just had a strange lump on my elbow - no trauma and no pain. My pal who is the oncologist I have mentioned checked it out for me - I felt sorry for the poor chinese girl sitting next to us at Bugis food court :o