Liverpool Consulate

My friends tell me this consulate no longer exists because the jewellery shop underneath closed down. Is this true?

Many thanks for your help.

I know it was still open at the end of August because a friend phoned them to enquire about visa's for later this year. If they were about to close I would have thought they would have said then and advised them of where to go to get their visa's.

My friends tell me this consulate no longer exists because the jewellery shop underneath closed down. Is this true?

Many thanks for your help.

I did a Google search on "thai consulate liverpool" which led me to the following infomation

35 Lord St

Liverpool, L2 9SQ

0151 255 0504

I rang the number above and a recorded announcement said to look at "www.royalthaiconsulate.com"

When I looked at the site, I got a screen full of unhelpful pop-ups! :o

This strongly suggests to me that something is amiss! :D

Suggest you try Hull or Cardiff for peace of mind.

BTW, there are still postal stikes in UK - suggest you watch the various news sites for updates.

Or you misheard the website address :D

Try http://www.royalthaiconsul.com/

Bkkbaz - how right you are - my apologies!!! :D:D

However, there are some curious variations to the rules on the site - e.g. for Tourist visas they say:

Tourist visas last for 60 days and the maximum number of entries you can apply for is 4 – giving a total of 8 months in Thailand. You have a 6 month period to use this visa, so your final entry must be before the expiry date. You have to leave for a period of 48 hours at the end of each visa but the final entry can be extended by a further 30 days in Thailand, without leaving the country, at the discretion of Immigration officials.

and for Non-Imm O they say:

Non-Immigrant Visa category ‘O’ is available for the following purposes: for people visiting family – i.e. men who are married to Thai ladies or British family visiting husband working out there. The maximum stay on this visa is 12 months for a multiple entry (you have to leave Thailand every 90 days for 48 hours before re-entering the country).

So what's this leaving for 48 hours all about? :o New to me and, I suspect to many other people! That would be a very tedious visa run indeed! :D

Typical one agency not knowing the rules of another I suspect - there is no such requirement (at least in practice). You can immediately return. And you can extend any tourist visa entry - not just the "final entry". How would anyone know which was the "final entry"? You are not required to use any or all.